• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mutations [Sign-up/OOC] [Sign-ups CLOSED]

mewtini

sorry guys, don’t lose
Pronoun
she/her
Um! My last one (Thrown Into Time) never lifted up out of the sign ups... so... here we go again. Hm.

Plot
You are... well... you don't know what you are. Mutant? No. Seems too trivial a word to describe you. And your circle of friends as well.

Because, you see... you were born this way. Not "NANANANA BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY!" Yeah, no. You were born mutated. Different. Unconventional. You have... elemental/superhuman abilities. You and your friends all do. You've always been an outsider, and while no one knows your secrets of power, it's beginning to slip out. You have to hide it from your pare-

Oh, wait. Sorry, you don't have parents. They abandoned you upon finding their kid was different; they wanted an easy kid, which is definitely not what they got. You live in an old, creaky, abandoned house -- deemed 'haunted' by the local children -- with your friends, only they don't feel like friends. They've become family. Sisters. Brothers. You go to school, trying to keep as low a profile as you possibly can. No extracurricular activities that could get you exposed. No clubs. No volunteering.

And recently, your suburban town of Annesota has been trying to invest money into saving mutated kids. Kids with club feet, cyclops, missing arm, that sort of thing. Technically, you are mutated, but you can't afford to expose yourself. And a group of rebels, adults and teenagers, who are prejudiced against anyone but the norm, have been infiltrating the town and hunting out and actually murdering odd persons, sometimes instead taking suspicious characters hostage. You have been trying to stay invisible from them, but it isn't going to work much longer, unless you either surrender yourself or move away, away, far away. Annesota's police have been attempting to arrest the rebels, but they continue to have new people join.

Your group is beginning to break down. Maybe kill oneself. Maybe lash out in a flare of anger. You have the ability to destroy the town in a matter of days. But you aren't that malicious.

Power Description

You can either have an element listed below, or opt for something else (for example, having the cliched ability to fly and have superhuman strength/agility). Suggestions of additional ones will be listed below as well... Actually, you all have great agility.

Elements

•Fire
•Water
•Grass
•Rock
•Electric
•Poison
•Air

Suggested Other Powers

•Shapeshifting
•Flying
•Turning invisible at will
•Merging with other motors like Rotom
•Turning into whatever you touch
•Possessing others
•Telepathy
•Telekinesis

Rules

•Be courteous.
•Have decent spelling and grammar at all times.
•No godmodding.
•No Mary Sues.
•Don't extend your powers.
•Discussion goes in this thread, not the RP itself.
•Try not to post one liners. At least a paragraph of solid text.
•No smilies or emoticons in the RP. Pretty obvious.
•If you don't adhere to these rules long enough, you might just be dropped.
•Swearing is allowed, minimally.
•There shouldn't be much gore.
•I guess romantic relationships could happen, but not really. You want to marry the one whom you've lived with for your whole life as a brother or sister?

Forms

Name: (obvious, but this can be kind of unname like; you named yourself (in the case of curious kids, have normal sounding names and last names are obligatory. Mutants are allowed to only have one, but if they have first and last, it should sound more like a doll's name or something.))
Element/other ability: (can combine one ability with element or two abilities and no element)
Personality: (uh obvious)
Appearance: (either text or image)
Writing Sample: (write a paragraph or so of anything you want here)

For curious kids, take out the element/other ability field.

My Form​

Name: Sunrise Dawn
Element/other ability: Water, possesses the ability to move objects with her mind (telekinesis.)
Personality: Usually fairly warm and inviting, but has been understandably scarred because of her experiences and is afraid of rejection, knowing that she was abandoned early on. When pushed far enough, can have an explosive temper and become pessimistic.
Appearance: Long and thin with lightly tanned skin. She has long chocolate brown hair reaching down to her knees that is slightly curled. She has long fingers and brown eyes. She usually wears a loose and worn orange and white striped dress.
Writing Sample: READ MY POST.

Spots

Sunrise Dawn - Mewtini - Mutant
Molly Mariweather - Ulqi-chan - Mutant
Lucy Belle - DarkAura - Mutant
Del Majors - Black Yoshi - Mutant
Willow - Everglider - Mutant
Dar Kaser - Cubone - Mutant
Cascade - Coloursfall - Mutant
Emily Regerdae - Mewtini - curious kid at school who continually tries to befriend mutants

Last edited:
Re: Mutations [Sign-up/OOC] [Open]

Can you reserve me a spot, please? This sounds intereating. I'll fill out the form later on today.

Edit: Okay, here we go.

Name: Molly Mariweather (Derp so doll-ish Derp)

Element/other ability: Electric, turning into whatever she touches at her will

Personality: Molly is a kind, compassionate girl. She is very optimistic and always sees the best in people. However, she is very emotional. She does not deal well with change and can be violently angry when ticked off.

Appearance: Molly has dark brown curly hair that is held up in two long pig-tails by sunshine yellow ribbons. She has a few blonde highlights. Molly has fairly tan skin and stands at 5'2. Her eyes are a curious lavender color. She usually wears a tight-fitting gray tee-shirt with "My Chains are Broken" across it in cursive letters over a bleached long-sleeved shirt with black yoga pants and green Converse hightops. Her fingernails are usually painted an electric yellow.

Writing Sample: Supposing we can use other posts to back this one up...

Tada!

Last edited:

Name: Dar Kaser
Element/other ability: Poison, and can turn invisible.
Personality: Can be very shy and distrusting, even with some people he knows. Although despite of this, he can be very gullible.
Appearance: Has reddish-brown hair and hazel eyes. He has kind of pale skin, is pretty tall, and usually wears dark colors.
Writing Sample: (I'll add one another time)

Potatoes :3

Ulqi-chan, you're reserved.

Cubone, I'll just wait for the writing sample :3

Name: Lucy Belle

Element/other ability: Possessing others and Flying

Personality: She is sly and sneaky. She doesn't hang out with others too much, unless she feels comfortable around them. People think she is evil, and deep down she is, but she doesn't know it. Yet.

Appearance: She is tall for her age. Her hair glows a faint an evil type of purple, while her hair color is actually blue. Her eyes are a deep blue, as her arms and legs are very skinny.

Writing Sample: I looked around a room, a room that didn't even seem like a room. No, it felt like a place where they put people in straight jackets. The room was only 20 feet in length, width, and height, while padding was on every wall. I tried to get up, but it seemed that I was in a straight jacket. So this is the place they put people in straight jackets. I tried to remember what I was doing before I was in here. I couldn't remember anything. The only thing I did remember was dreaming of a boat filled with treasures.

I then realized one of my eyes could not see. My left eye strained as I tried to use it. Hurting my eye to fucking hell, I just gave up and slumped down on the padding. From my right eye, my working eye, I could see strokes of hair going down my shoulder, reaching to my hands. The hair was a bright blond. No, it can't be. I have brown hair. I thought. I was immedietly surprised. I couldn't remember anything, but that thought seemed to spout out of my mind.

A sound came from nowhere. "Testing, Testing. Hello, subject Alpha A Segment 24. How are you with your stroke problem?"

Stroke problem? I don't remember a stoke problem. Then again, I don't remember anything. "Listen, I don't remember anything, so let me out" I said. I don't know how I knew, but I sounded...different. Deep down, I knew my speech was different. Much different. "Why do I have Blond hair? I should have Brown hair!" I panicked.

The voice chuckled, amused at this. "That is because of the gene splice. We spliced your genes with a blond haired amnesiac. Just to help with your stroke problem. You wanted us to."

I didn't want to trust this voice. I would never do something like that! Or maybe I would, I don't remember.I gritted my teeth, frustrated and annoyed. "Why...the hell...would you splice my genes...with a fucking amnesiac?" i asked furiously.

The voice snicked much more, thinking this was a game. "Because we can." it mused.

Those three words made me wary of what this voice can do. I looked around a little. On one corner was a speaker, which was where the voice was coming from. The voice was now silent. I was left to rot. I slumped down, desperately wanting to go home. But I didn't know where home was...I was lost in a world I once knew, but will never know again...

Last edited:

Quick question: is the writing sample backstory or just anything you want?

Yoshi is done!

Name: Del Majors

Element/other ability: Able to manipulate shadows to create amusing illusions or scare tactics. The shadows interact with objects in the world, thus it can go past illusions, but he doesn't like that as much.

Personality: He has a tendency to abuse his power when not in public places, using it to do chores and other little things it shouldn't be used for. His favorite thing to use it for is to poke fun at his 'siblings.' He carries the protective mentality of 'nobody can pick on them but me.' He also has a habit of flirting with many different girls, despite the fact that he doesn't actually want any sort of intimate relations with anyone. He also has a thing for donuts.

Appearance: With his messy slop of blonde hair that sits on his head, and his sharp green eyes, he has the potential to be attractive. However, "wishin' just don't make it so." Though he does keep himself fairly clean, the fact he remains inside all the time is something of a problem. His skin is pale, his eyes residing fairly deep in his skull. He has a crooked smile that, when you know him well enough, has its own special charm. He wears a recently stolen blue plaid flannel shirt over a ratty purple tee, worn and ragged jeans, and an old pair of shoes he found in a garbage can two years ago.

Writing Sample: You should know how I write by now. But, meh, gonna' write about a random moment two years prior to this RP, when he was 13.

Del stared at the modest little local cafe as casually as he could. So many donuts. Yet here he stood, with empty pockets and an empty stomach. "What a fine little predicament this is." He muttered to himself. This was proving to be quite the little puzzle. He stepped across the street, actually entering the little shop, in order to get a closer look. The young girl at the counter politely and dutifully asked if she could help him. Del grinned slyly, resting his elbow on the table, and his chin on his fist.

"Indeed you may." He smiled again. She was easily three years his senior at the least, and after a moment of silence, she asked him what he wanted, and notified him that he couldn't take all day to order. "I'm thinking!" He protested defensively. It wasn't entirely untrue, since he was trying to focus on the shadows nearby to carry his precious pastries to safety, while trying to look remotely casual.

Last edited:

Cubone: anything you want, like it says.

Black Yoshi: Reserved. Welcome to the team, Mitch!...

hehe.

Okay then. I'll just write something from a story I was planning on writing. Here gos:

I wake up in a jail cell. Huh? I think, Where am I? I look around, only to see a bunch of other kids in jail cells. They all looked around his age- fourteen? Thats when a couple of burly-looking guys came in with guns, and walked over to me. "Okay runt," one of them said,"the boss wants to have a word with you." I felt my heart race. Whoever this "boss" guy was, I probably didnt want to meet him.

Kind of Very short and crappy, but I just couldnt think of anything else x3

Last edited:

^that reminds me of the first paragraph of the Lost Hero. >=U

I did get the idea from that. He's my fav author, so I like to write like him. But I'll change it.

SIGN ME UP FOR MUTANT MUAHAHAHAHA!

Name: Willow
Element/other ability: Shapeshifting
Personality: Willow is a shy and timid girl, preferring her art and books to other people.
Appearance: Petite, pale skin, black hair, pale grey eyes. Her contrasting appearance has been known to startle others.
Writing Sample: Random little one-shot.

I know the descriptions are short, I'll add more later.

Last edited:

Name: Cascade

Element/other ability: Cascade is what is know as a Reality Warper, though since she is young, she has a number of limitations yet - she can only change what she can understand. For example, she could change an animal into a twisted monster, or give herself a weapon for an arm and then change it back, but she could not modify at the subatomic level, or create and destroy entire galaxies, and even stars would be a stretch. She also cannot raise the dead. The changes she can make, however, are done with a thought or word by her, and are often accompanied by a rather painful looking transformation when used on living matter. Her most common change is to make toys real.

Personality: Cascade is intelligent for a child her age, more so that would be expected of one who lived like she does. But she is still a child, and as such behaves like one - she will complain and whine or throw fits if she doesn't get what she wants (which can have disastrous results), and loves to play games. She seems entirely unaware of her power being strange or different. She likes the colour yellow, and her favourite animals are cats. She sometimes will cry at night, and ask for her mother - she was not truly abandoned, but ran away after her mother's death.

Appearance: Cascade is a small girl, with a dainty frame and long black hair. Her eyes are rather abnormal, being a strange yellowy colour, but otherwise she is normal for a human child her age. She has darkish skin, and favour dresses for clothing.

Writing Sample: (oh man you asked for it)

Emiline is a goddess of healing and compassion, and the patron of healers, mothers, children, and those who battle undead. She has been known to grant her blessing to struggling young mothers, Clerics, and Bards who ask for her help, sending an angel or other holy creature to their aid. The silver dragoness' symbol can often be found in hospitals and clinics, as a charm to help the sick and wounded.

Emiline was not born a goddess, though she has always harboured a small spark of divine potential inside her. Born to a mortal silver and sired by Bahamut himself, the wyrmling was given a gift at her birth by the Drow goddess Elestraee, to be as beautiful as the moon her followers so revered. But Tiamat saw this gift, twisting it into a curse - mortals of all kinds would see the wyrmling's beauty and desire to own it, and attempt to kill and skin the young dragon for her shining silver scales. Her mother begged her divine lover to help, and although he could not lift the twisted blessing, Bahamut created a great marble tower to hide away the baby, setting many traps to guard her.

Emiline lived out her life in the Marble Tower, hidden in plain sight in the city of Vivex in the country of Okarthel, never leaving her room and only with her vast library for company, until a troupe of young champions-to-be sought her out in the battle against Tiamat. The young dragoness left her tower for the first time to aid their struggle, meeting her future lover and Chosen, a young Drow named Rhylayne. After Tiamat's defeat for a time, Bahamut appeared before the group, granting them his blessing - and Emiline's was to be crowned with her destined mantle of godhood, and seated at her father's side as a dragon deity. She chose Rhylayne as her Exarch and right hand, gifting him her wings and breath weapon, as well as the divine spark.
Shortly after, Emiline birthed her first child, fathered by Rhylayne. The baby dragonling was carefully raised, unaware of her parents' divinity, and often cared for by her father's earthly friends while both rode into battles against the forces of evil.

As the years passed, Emiline grew in her influence over the land of Okarthel, gaining temples and followers among the mortals, and her power grew. More content with her godhood now, she sometimes would travel the mortal lands, searching for those to help and aid.
But tragedy struck the young goddess. During a battle against a horde of undead beasts lead by a cult of Kyuss, one of the beasts struck an ample blow, causing her to miscarry the child she carried. Spurred on to rage, the goddess and her Chosen wiped out the entire cult, going far beyond the usual creed of only killing when needed that Emiline adheres to. They left the hidden temple in ruins, frozen over forevermore by the icy breath and winter sanction Emiline possesses. She hid in a faraway fortress alone for many years, leaving Rhylayne to preform her usual duties, mourning alone. When the goddess finally returned to her duties, she vowed to battle undead even more fiercely than before, and took upon herself to guide the spirits of children to the beyond.

When a deity is bloodied. the deity's mind leaves its body and the deity is unable to assume physical form for some time. The discorporation usually lasts at least a few months, but it can sometimes take several years before the deity can resume its form. During this time, the deity's power is weaker, but it is far from negligible. If characters wish to truly kill a deity, they must fulfill one or more conditions specific to that deity. This could require destroying the deity's most prominent temple, or finding an artifact that can deliver the killing blow. If the speciflc conditions are satisfied, the deity cannot discorporate and instead becomes bloodied as normal.

A Mother's Love

Strangely for many dieties, Emiline has mothered a number of children. While they may hold the smallest spark of their mother's immortality, they can still be killed. If one of her beloved children were to be captured and threatened with death by the forces of evil, the goddess would willingly throw off the mantle of her godhood and lay her own neck on the chopping block in return for her child's life.

---Emiline, the Silvered Goddess, Custom D&D 4E Content by Coloursfall

...Coloursfall you walls of text builder.

Everyone accepted; increasing mutants by two slots because you guys are irresistible dangit!

CURIOUS KIDS NEEDED, two more slots open. (also need DarkAura.)

This filled up much faster than the last one. o_o

Edit: You know what, I think I'll take a curious kid, and I don't think we need more than one. Editing original post and thread up soon.

Last edited:

I think this can have a separate post. (Curious kid.)

Name: Emily Regerdae
Personality: On the outside she appears to be by the book and very cold; however, this is only because her parents pressure her to be perfection itself. She is very intelligent, and outwardly snooty. To her parents, she is submissive beyond belief. She has an insatiable curiosity and, hence, desperately wants to learn about the outsiders.
Appearance: Thinly built, but somehow robust looking at the same time. Has lower back length hair, light skin, and freckles. She commonly wears a very schoolgirlish outfit: a white long sleeved shirt with a knee length plaid navy blue and forest green skirt. At home, she wears a very loose and rather frumpy hand me down pink nightgown. Has direct blue eyes.
Writing Sample: Do I have to?

Back
Top Bottom