• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Call of the Dragon [OPEN]

I'm still deciding if I'm joining or not, but even so, it would take a while to flesh out a character.

So don't worry, leave me behind for the time being :o)

In all honesty I was waiting and hoping more people would sign up. Though as it seems I'm not getting anymore signups I guess I'll start as soon as I write my own character.

Here I go...

Name: Maggy Idoven

Personality: Maggy is energetic, outgoing, and fast (she has taken to parkour as a hobby as of late). She can climb a 10 foot wall with ease, but can't pick up much more than her body weight to save her life. But as fast as she likes to go, she always likes to take time to smell the roses.
Appearance: About 5'9", very lean (almost a swimmer's body type). Maggy has Golden-yellow straight hair to her shoulders, usually held up in a pony-tail. her favorite attire is a red tank-top and some grey sweatpants. Wears them almost all year round.

DiYD: In her dreams, Maggy keeps seeing a red dragon with yellow streaks down its back and four legs, about the circumference of a light pole, fairly short body, and long, slender grey wings. It tends to run more than fly, and it would be classified as a "Lightning Dragon", because of its speed as well as its ability to shoot lightning.

Other: Your face is inappropriate everywhere else.

Last edited:
Magnemite declined. Try thinking of a theme for your dragon that can actually be seen on it.

And for the matter, I guess I should be working on my own form. I promise to start the thread before the end of the week.

Name: Kain Emender

Personality:
Kain is an incorrigible cynic, constantly making snide remarks and generally viewing everything in a negative light. He's one of those "believes-it-when-he-sees-it" types with a firm grounding in his own common sense. Because of this, Kain is rarely shaken but if he is then whatever stirs him is pretty significant. Despite his insufferable cynicism he's not actually truly rude, but rather quick to point out the flaws in others. He is not unaware of his own flaws either, and can point out those too should the situation require it.

Appearance:
Kain Emender is a tall and lean young man, but generally healthy-looking. He has a sharp chin, high cheekbones, grey eyes and thin eyebrows. His hair is chestnut brown and reaches down to his neck. He has a slight stubble, giving him a bit of a rugged look. Most of the time his face wears an expression of annoyance and very little else. He wears simple black clothes and really nothing else.

DiYD:
"The dream always starts out the same. There's a lot of sand everywhere, on the ground and in the air, blown up by strong winds and limiting vision some severely. The gusts are so strong it's hard to stand up properly and several times I lose my balance and get dragged away by the wind. After walking through the seemingly endless desert for who knows how long, I find something. I can't raise my head lest I have my eyes filled with sand, but looking at the ground I encounter something looks a bit like a tree covered in bandages. Its surface is black and dry, pretty much decayed. It has roots that look suspiciously like talons of some kind.

Well, until I realize that's what they are, at the very least.

As I look up, I see something huge and horrifying staring back at me. A reptilian creature covered in torn bandages, worn to the point of falling off completely revealing more of the creature's dry skin underneath. The whole being looks dead and undernourished, with an unnatural and twisted body that suggests any sort of muscles or flesh under the skin has long since rotten. Four curved horns protrude from its head, and it lacks eyes altogether, yet it seems to be able to see without them. As it opens it's large jaws, a stream of sand flows out onto the ground; with a single guttural rasp it caused another wave of sand to whip through the air.

Yet despite this dragon's decaying appearance, I don't truly feel afraid looking at it, quite the opposite actually. There's this weird feeling of familiarity about it, like it's been right besides me all this time. The rest of the dream just consists of the two of us looking at each other, barely breathing.

Other:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom