• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Have you ever had a Pokémon that saved your E4 run?

Re: Have you ever had a Pokémon that saved your E4 run?

I've had several. In Pokemon Heartgold it was my Politoed against Lance's Charizard. Both were below 25% health and I had run out of revives and healing items. Lance used his last Full Restore on Charizard. Politoed used Surf on Charizard, it was a critical hit and I won instantly.

In Black 2 just the other day it was Heather, my Lucario(her name is a reference to Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3). Here were her stats at the time:
Heather the Lucario, Level 55, Lax nature. Proud of it's power. Knows Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, Shadow Claw, and Swords Dance. It's strongest stat is HP and it's weakest is Special Defense.
Other Comments:Words cannot describe how much I love Heather. I had 5 Gym Badges and I was randomly running around Flocessy Ranch for some reason and when I saw her I freaked. I spent the next who knows how long training her. She's the only one on my team I gave a specific EV spread(most of her stats are equal EV-wise). She's probably going to save my E4 run at least twice.

in Red,Vine (venusaur) was awesome against Lorie's water types, Agatha's poisin types, and Lances and Blues gyradoses. it also helped to have Cobra's (arbok) dig. plus Draco (gyradose) kicked Bruno's butt and was useful for Blues charizard.

Last edited:

Thank Arceus for Blaise the Darmanitan, the only reason I got by the E4. Poseidon the Samurott helped me the most through the Ghetsis fight.

It'd have to be Magenta the Magnezone in my Platinum Nuzlocke. Oh, sure, I only lost one Pokemon at the Elite four itself, but Cynthia completely annihilated my team. Here's how it went:

>Magenta beat the Spiritomb with a Lock On'd Zap Cannon.
>Ralph (Clefable, female) beat the Garchomp with two Ice Beams. Earthquake? Oh, the Garchomp's Earthquake did less than half damage, since I EV trained in Iron Island before heading out to the Pokemon League. Take three guesses at what a Gravelar's and Steelix's EV yield is, and the first two don't count. Yeah, Garchomp was ironically the easiest (but my original plan was to get Corey the Gyarados against it with Avalanche. Too bad he died against Volkner when it got a critical Giga Impact).
>El Tigre (Jolteon, male) took out the Lucario, but lost against the Togekiss.
>Ralph took out the Togekiss and the Roserade, no problem.
>Ralph used Grass Knot on the Milotic, which did just shy of red HP. Milotic used Mirror Coat. Ralph got KO'd.
>Haircut (Lickilicky) got sent out and used Power Whip while Cynthia used a Full Restore. Power Whip misses.
>Milotic was faster and OHKO'd Haircut.
>Magenta was all I had. She beat the Milotic after a Lock On'd Zap Cannon.
>Win, end credits

Man, if it weren't for Magenta, I don't know if I could've beaten that Milotic or Spiritomb. And she's still alive and kickin' ass.

On my first ever playthrough of Sapphire, I just barely got to Steven's last Pokemon-- Cradily. My Raichu with ~50 HP and Blaziken with ~150. Raichu missed an Iron Tail, Cradily got a crit, K.O Raichu. Blaziken missed a Blaze Kick, Cradily got another crit and got Blaziken down to 1 or 2 HP (no exaggeration). I was... sorta new to Pokemon st that point, still, so I got mad and decided to go with Focus Punch. Cradily used a non-attack move, BOOM Blaziken critical hit, Cradily KO'd, Terry crowned as champion. Yay Blaziken!

Last edited:

I've had a few. My first Sapphire run was saved by Kaida the Salamence. I was trying to do an E4 run with only my level 100 Linoone, but multiple tries ended with him unable to quite finish off Steven's team. I ended up catching and raising a Bagon and using her as backup.

In Flora Sky, it was Zassyen the Swampert, whose Blizzard took care of the majority of Cynthia's team. Save states might have helped with that.

Most of my White 2 team pulled their weight equally, but Marshal was a bit of a problem due to four of my Pokemon having a fighting weakness. I beat him entirely with Goru the Golduck, who went on to take out most of Iris' team as well.

Most recently, in Emerald, Spidertank the Metagross was my last surviving Pokemon, and Ludicolo was Wallace's last. Spidertank just barely survived a Surf and got a critical hit with Shadow Ball, to earn me the victory.

It was actually a level 13 Pidgeotto that managed to beat Lance's already damaged Dragonite on Silver!

Other than that, nothing spectacular. Mostly just sweeping with Rayquaza's and Lugia's, or in later generations high-leveled starters.

Back
Top Bottom