• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The anime may, in fact, be deeper and more depressing than I thought...

Oh my GOD!

I used to hate the anime (After the first/second season) but... but- but this-

Just. Wow.

(Although, I know the writers didn't intend this, but I can see with some spoof and polish that this would make an awesome fan fic.)

Last edited:
Ah, it does make sense, but interpretation can be thought as a multitude of things, so I still believe that the anime wasn't planned as such that Ash is a coma, and the Pokémon world is just a dream.

Damn, dude. I read all of that. And it all more or less made sense. A fun interpretation indeed, although there's probably no way it was actually thought into this much by the creators, especially with all the Freudian-type logic going on there. :V

I agree with that one comment that it's just a crazy over-analysis into something innocent, but that was still a really interesting read!

Wow.
That actually makes a lot of sense, I actually liked it a lot more than i thought I would.

Everything in the subconsious mind is a showdow of real life, weather in the future or present, or even past, your dreams are of your own subconcious thought.

Damn, dude. I read all of that. And it all more or less made sense. A fun interpretation indeed, although there's probably no way it was actually thought into this much by the creators, especially with all the Freudian-type logic going on there. :V

I agree with that one comment that it's just a crazy over-analysis into something innocent, but that was still a really interesting read!

Please don't read my mind. It's not very nice.

Anyway... This is really well thought out, and it's actually quite interesting to read. If only it's true...

I sense fanfictions.

Yeahh, I'm pretty sure it's not.
XD That was pretty interesting. But when does the anime say that Giovanni is Ash's dad? And since when is he a homosexual? Haha.

This is a brilliant theary about the series but you have to wonder if the author watched Rumbling Heartshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien. While we never see what happend in Haruka's mind whiles she's in a Coma it would have probably been similar, just replace the Pokemon world as Ash knew it with Japan as Haruka knew it. Seriously this could add a new, unexplored dimension to the Pokemon Anime.

Someone on Serebii posted this a few months ago, and I stopped reading just short of the "Mr. Mime as father figure" paragraph. Because that's just fricken weird. Personally? Too scared of mind scar-age to read it again.

It's just one of those silly epileptic tree theories that are absolutely ridiculous but still make sense because they've been made to. You can make such theories about everything. Everything.

While I admit it's fun and you can imagine this is reality if you wish, it's not what the creators intended. Nobody makes several hundred episodes of a character in a coma.

Butterfree pretty much said it. There's no way they're putting something crazy like this in a show that's designed to market a video game to ten-year-olds. If the creators were clever enough to hide "symbols of Ash's repressed sexuality" in the show, they would probably also be clever enough to give the show an decent plot.

Mmm, Freud.

I loved this. I love it when people take the time to make up stuff like this, it's brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom