Notices

Old 05-29-2014, 02:06 PM
Sentient Stationary

Pronoun: any
BOOM! Headshot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: If Wishes Were Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheBlade View Post
Wait, though- If we're still going with the assumption that each wish transports the user to an alternate reality so it only affects their consciousness, how would they be aware of what the other wishes of those in that reality were, or how it would change that specific reality?

I honestly think this would cause some causality problems if it were the system. Is each wish responsible for the creation of every other wish that follows, if they all appear in this alternate universe? Forget the math, just finding the start point would be hard. And what if someone were stupid enough to wish they were in an alternate universe, or if every alternate universe merged? Imagine all the paradoxes!
Exactly. That's why I think the system where a person's mind is transported to a different alternate universe every time they wished would be far too impractical to work. All you'd need is one wrong wish, and the entire boiling mess would unravel to the point where things would likely cease to exist.

Or everything would turn Lovecraftian and surreal and people would be left permanently insane and gibbering as all those alternate thems slammed in at once. I can't decide which would be the better outcome, tbh, since they're both pretty awful.

PM me if you add me.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Sir Dude-A-Lot

Pronoun: he
Kung Fu Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point

If wishes were real, judging by the Internet's standards... Chuck Norris would be God of everything, mosquitoes would be extinct, Grumpy Cat would become President of the United States, Pokemon would be real, and Justin Bieber would cease to exist. I'm cool with all this, surprisingly...
Old 06-13-2014, 04:11 PM
Witch of Light

Pronoun: She
sv_01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not just Pokémon. Also magic and Time Lords. And probably a lot of anime guys, who would each be maried to a whole bunch of fangirls.

Yay!
Old 06-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Says "also" and "or something" a lot

Pronoun: He
Murkrow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_01 View Post
a lot of anime guys, who would each be maried to a whole bunch of fangirls.
What about anime girls? I'm sure there'd be lots of waifus.

The population would increase so fast due to this wishing that eventually someone will wish the world was a Minecraft world but without limits to how big it is caused by memory or floating point number precision or whatever.

Then there'd be enough room for everyone!
One thing I find myself thinking about in the shower often is if you lived in this kind of world, and there wasn't an upper speed limit/teleporters existed, how would nations work? They might try to take each other over but they can't take over the whole world because it's infinite. Would it turn into a "who can think of a the biggest number" competition to see who can capture land the fastest?
Old 02-11-2019, 09:05 AM
Judgemental people GTFO

Pronoun: She
Jirachu is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jirachu Send a message via Skype™ to Jirachu
Posticon Smile Re: If Wishes Were Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkrow View Post
What about anime girls? I'm sure there'd be lots of waifus.
*personally has an anime girl i wish was real soooo badly xD*

Pokemon fan 4 life!!! and Korrina is my harmless fictional waifu~ <3 GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!