• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

WALL-E: The Best Disney & Pixar yet?

Was WALL-E awesome?

• Yes, it was awesome

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • No, it stunk like rotten cheese on Earth day

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I haven't seen it

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
I haven't seen Wall-E but from what I hear it's a bit of a rip off of Short Circuit, which is an epic film. :P

Well, WALL-E's not only been nominated for Best Animated Feature (which is pretty much guaranteed), It's also been nominated for Best Original Screenplay.

Still hasn't broken the glass ceiling for Best Picture, though...

Thought I'd revive this thread, as Up just came out.

Holy shit does Up start on one hell of a tearjerker, needing only about fifteen minutes to give you almost total sympathy for the protagonist. It's definitely Pixar's most mature work...this is probably the only PG-rated animated movie I've seen to imply a miscarriage (Or at least infertility). There were a few other moments that made my jaw drop a bit and think "Did...did they just go there?"

Outside of that, this movie was fucking hilarious. I'm a sucker for dog humor, and this movie had that in spades thanks to Dug, who was absolutely adorable. There was also Kevin, who should have been annoying as all hell, but wasn't, instead just adding to the hilarity. All without resorting to potty jokes, which made up half the goddamn jokes of everything in the trailers... (Okay, there was one, but it was fairly well-done)

I still like WALL-E a bit better, but Up is definitely on the higher tier of Pixar movies. I liked it better than Ratatouille and I dare say it beats out Finding Nemo, too. It's one of Pixar's more subtle movies (not as much as WALL-E, but close) and definitely worth a trip to the theater. The 3-D aspect isn't really pushed that much, so if your theater isn't showing the 3-D version, you're not missing much. It really seemed more like an afterthought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom