• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Final Pokemon Game

Roxxor, you ought to work for Nintendo someday. XD

For a new game, I say that you have the following:

- Your starter following you around (like ... said)
- Being able to talk to your Pokémon and see how they're feeling and how much they like you instead of having that lady tell you.
- Actually take care of them (kind of like a breeder would), like feeding them, playing with them, etc.
- Anime-styled contests. Like using a move and doing something else on a little option thing, like twirling, jumping and combining the moves to make something wild.

The contests. Get rid of the appearance thing unless it can be made to be specific. What the heck corresponds with "The Created", sparkles?
I like that feature in contests. It makes sense, seeing if your Pokémon's outfit can trump the others.

Well, it would be a good idea for a big finisher, but I do like feeling the anticipation of another game coming out for the series. New regions and Pokémon, more features... all that gets me shaking. I would miss it if (God forbid) the series were to end.

If we had to eventually pay for updates instead of sequels, graphics would get really old. :scared:
Nevertheless, one day games might only be available for download online; think of how much money it would save Nintendo not to have to manufacture and export their games, and not have to share profeits with stores.

I'd love them to add an RPG element: keep the rest of the games how they are, but have 'choices' as to what you want to say to NPCs. I love that in RPGs. And it will affect how people see you... for example, people recognise you throughout the region, and when you're a champion people actually recognise you when you speak to them. And what you said to NPCs during the game will be the basis on how much the region respects you.

And you should be able to make and lead your own team. :D

A Shoddy team building like system for Battle Tower and things to not waste all the EV training and nature breeding time.

The updating thing would be MIND-BLOWINGLY awesome and much more convenient(and it would save Nintendo SO much money) but some people don't have internet(NOOOOO!) and that would suck for them.

This needs to end. We already have over 400 Pokemon in the entire series, and casual fans, let alone myself, have trouble keeping track of all of them (inb4 derp). And the game formula is getting way too overused. Gold and Silver is considered one of the best in the series because of all the new shit that came with it. 100 new Pokemon? 2 regions? That cool watch thing? See, those were cool back then. But now, all we have is the same old formula being rehashed and sold for another $40. Didn't I pay for this game last year?

If Pokemon is to continue, we need new gameplay. And I'm not talking Poffins or the Battle Tower, either. A serious change is needed to keep these games alive. Otherwise, they'll rot on store shelves, playing the same thing I've already had for the past few years.

On another note, if there was a final Pokemon game, it would have to be the G/S remakes. Great games make great remakes. And since this is a pretty big game (with over 400 Pokemon, I assume), some more sidequests could also be used. I suggest maybe an underwater kind of thing with a sunken ship, since that hasn't really happened much in the series. The SS Anne, maybe? Also, exploring inside of the Cinnabar Island volcano would be nice. But that's it; no new gimmicks or Pokemon.

Last edited:
A Shoddy team building like system for Battle Tower and things to not waste all the EV training and nature breeding time.

Well, there's Pokesav...

But yeah, having that officially in the games would be nice so people will stop the "OMG YOU'RE A CHEATER BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO BLOW HOURS ON A TEAM THAT SUCKS!" stigma.

Actually, I'd like a 5th gen, and I have to admit that I'm not tired of this formula just yet. However, it would be nice if they overhauled the series or made it more in-depth.

I'm not too bored of the formula. Anyone I think I like it because I know it and having it changed would kill my brain. Like a new EV system, I know quite a bit about EVs and stuff but if the formula was changed my brain would be going *4 EVs = 1 point...no wait a second*. Also like a change in the type chart. *water is good against fire! No, it's changed now it's bad against it*

I don't think it's that hard to know all the new Pokemon. Well at least not all at once, like if you played RBY then got GSC and learned all the GSC Pokemon and RSE and learned all those and DPP...but learning them all at once is hard.

I highly doubt that new pokemon games will stop being made any time soon, simply because it is one of Nintendo's most popular titles. However, I desperately hope that they stop making more generations eventually. I'll take a fifth generation, but if they go beyond that I'm just going to give up on the series.

I doubt they won't go past Generation V.
Just look here... [how tiring.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom