• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Camp NaNoWriMo July 2016

Sandstone-Shadow

A chickadee in love with the sky
Pronoun
she/her
Most of you are probably familiar with NaNoWriMo, where everyone gives up their normal lives of sleeping and socializing to write 50,000 words all in the short month of November. I know what you're thinking: "I really wish I could spend another month not sleeping and socializing for the sake of writing."

Good news, you can also do it in July! Camp NaNoWriMo has the same idea of the regular NaNoWriMo, but it's in the summer months and you can customize your wordcount goal. Think you'll only be able to snag 25,000 words? Make that your goal, etc. If you already have an account on NaNoWriMo, you can use that for Camp NaNo as well.

I'll be participating because in July, I'm going to be starting a new job in a new place and want to re-establish writing as one of my priorities and passions. My writing project is going to be one I've been working on for way too many years; I've got so many messy drafts and half-baked ideas, and I want this story to actually go somewhere. I'm not sure what my wordcount goal will be yet - probably 30,000 because that's a decent chunk that I think I should be able to do.

Who's with me? It's always more fun to do NaNo stuff with TCoD members, and there are "cabin" things that can be set up for us if others want to participate!

July 2016 TCoDF Cabin
(cooler name to be determined)

1. Sandstone-Shadow
2. I liek Squirtles
3. Kratos Aurion
4. Superbird
5. Flora
6. Faorzia
7. jaketiger1116
8. Nira
9. Negrek
10. effervesce
11. JackPK
12.​

Want to join? Make sure you log onto Camp NaNoWriMo with your regular NaNo username/password. Create a writing project, make sure "opt out of cabin invitations" is unchecked, then send me your username through whatever avenue is most convenient for you. (My NaNo account is qyuarkrien, so you know who this random person inviting you is!)

Last edited:
It's not even May (she said a bit desperately), and I'm not really sure if July is going to work out for me, but I'd be down for a TCoD cabin. I'm usually not much for the NaNo scramble outside of the traditional November event, but I could always set my target to like 10,000 words or something and try to do a couple one-shots (or a single chapter... ha ha... ha...).

I'd be up for it! I'm actually doing Camp NaNo this month as well (albeit veeery sloooowly, and currently even more slooooowly because I screwed up my hand last Friday and typing at my normal speed is Not Fun... I should be fine in another day or two, though!), although I'm not currently in a cabin, heh. I was planning on really forging ahead with a huge drabble project in July, so if other people are gonna be doing stuff then that's great!

I might give that a stab, if only because regular NaNoWriMo is almost unfailingly in the worst possible month for me.

I say we should go for it! I'd gladly join a tcod cabin. I have a writing project i'd like to start soon, so this coincides quite nicely.

Neat :D I'll get one set up and invite you all to it! It looks like they're deleting the cabins from the April camp on May 8th, so I'm going to wait until after that to make a new one.

Also, you might need to "register" on the Camp page in order for me to add you - you can use your regular NaNo login, you just have to "sign up" with it on the Camp page as well. I think. It's been a while since I've done that.

Okay, brief cabin update: I was going to make one after May 8th (and it's after May 8th!) but apparently they're only available during events, which means we'll probably only be able to make one closer to July itself.

So, in the meantime, hype!

I've started a "new" outline for my story - basically, I took the most current one and updated it with a bunch of cross references to other, older outlines. I feel pretty good about it! Now, I'm not sure if I should begin writing with what I have, or keep outlining and make Camp NaNo all about the writing of it.

Oh this is sooooo tempting.

I have a vacation for like half of July (because my parents are very strange and for some reason thought that taking a strangely long vacation when two of their kids are out of college and physically need summer jobs to not starve was a great idea) but that considered, I could probs just make a smaller word count.

That gives me a month and a half to figure out where I'd be going with Ghost Roommate Shenanigans, so let's go!!!

July cabins are live! :D I've created one. If you'd like to be part of it, post or send me your NaNo username and I'll invite you. (Make sure you log in to Camp NaNoWriMo with your usual NaNo account first and create a writing project, otherwise it won't work.) My username is qyuarkrien.

That gives me a month and a half to figure out where I'd be going with Ghost Roommate Shenanigans, so let's go!!!

lol nope instead i'm going with the magical girl one that i started writing but have to rewrite the beginning of anyway

my username is Little Chavaleh by the way!!!

*releases a flock of badly trained pigeons carrying papers marked with the name siiay*

(in all honesty I do not know how to pronounce that name either)

I've miserably failed every attempt at NaNo I've made, but eh, what the heck, a variable-word-count one is as good as any to try again. Add me! Username is pumpkinking0192. (That's a relic from the time I tried and failed to NaNo in high school... I wonder if I can update it to JackPK? Eh, probably doesn't matter.)

Back
Top Bottom