• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Violetmist

Lorem Ipsum

Pronoun
x
After I got hacked, I've had to repair the site, and in the process, I designed a spiffy new style that I hope you enjoy. I've taken down some pages and taken down my affiliates, as I'm sure they won't want to affiliate any more (but Aobaru, if you still want to affiliate, then just say) after my downtime.

Anyway, Violetmist is back, so please visit! (If you are typing the address into the address bar, remember the /index.php, as I haven't figured out how to stop the redirect yet, even if I have added a .htaccess file and deleted index.htm.

How sophisticated! I love it. The color scheme is mellow and gentle on the eyes, and the hover links are a nice touch. I like the entire site. The content is also informative. :)

As I said earlier, the olives look more like a sketch done on paper to try and figure out what the layout was to look like--I can see why you've done that, but to me it just looks out of place; maybe if you were to do the text in the same style (handwritten, I presume?) it'd fit more?

Also, I find hover links incredibly annoying because I always manage to hover out of the area or hover over another button as I'm going to click the link, but that's just me and I have that problem with all hover links. That said, they're a nice change from links down the left.

The written content is fine, if a bit scarce. 404 on the riddles game link. The BMI calculator is different, but seems more like an experiment in language x, and whereas the password generator is moderately useful, it refers to a button when the password's generated when the page loads (again, it seems more like an experiment in language x but it's not a bad piece of content in my opinion).

The hover links didn't work in Internet Explorer 8 or Opera, so I had to switch to Firefox for it to work.

As for Shellder, it does look like it's just an angle thing. Shellder looking shorter is because of foreshortening. However, I haven't been able to find any other pictures of Shellder from the side, so it's possible that early Shellder was longer than before.

I like your website. :)

Ah. The hover links don't work in IE because the :hover pseudo-class is only supported by links in that particular browser, and it needs to support li:hover. I think I know how to fix this.

Anyway, thanks for your compliments. :)

Back
Top Bottom