• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

FireChao.com

Ugh, table layout.

Also, newer doctypes require an alt to img.

Fairly interesting information, but a quick scan finds an error in team building: hippowdon is a weather-inducer, too; but I'm too lazy to read the rest of it.

Yeah, the tables layout is eeh, and you can do the exact thing you've done here with divs. Butterfree even has a template that you could follow. :v

What is the purpose of that page that comes up when you click the "forum" link? Why not just link directly to the forum?

This is kind of a nitpick, but why make an individual image for every header on your pages? It'd be a lot easier to use header tags, and spruce them up a bit with CSS. You wouldn't be able to use that specific font, but it'd be less time-consuming on your part.

Other than that, the few pages that you have seem to have substance. Just keep making more content like that, and maybe start trying to think of more original things that will draw people to your site. :]

Thanks guys - despite having actually read that tables .vs. divs guide before making my site, I went with tables as the divs were hard to adjust on Dreamweaver. I'll try again as soon as I finish off the current pages (it should be easier if I'm not continually changing my mind about the div widths)

I had the forum page so that you wouldn't lose the menu without clicking a splash (eventually I was going to put a splash there), but it is a bit pointless, I guess. I'll remove it.

Thanks for spotting the Hippowdon mistake - that's been changed.

by "newer doctypes require an alt to img" do you mean that I should add the text that is displayed when the image doesn't load?

Finally, how would having a seperate header for each page speed things up? It's probably a good idea so please could you explain what you mean?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Finally, how would having a seperate header for each page speed things up? It's probably a good idea so please could you explain what you mean?

Well, right now it looks like whenever you make a header for a section in your content, you make a graphic for it. I'm talking about things like this and this. So basically, you have to make a new graphic for every little header you plan on having.

If you were to use header tags like <h1>, <h2>, and so on, you could just type <h1>Effort Values (EVs)</h1>; then in your CSS you could have something like:

HTML:
h1{
background: blah;
color: blah;
font-family: blah, blah;
text-align: blah;
font-size: blah;
width: blah;
}

...and just fill in the blah's to make things in <h1> tags appear however you want. And if you need even more header styles, you have <h2> through <h6> to work with in the same way as well. I'd use <h1> for like a big main header, and the rest for smaller headers.

Hmmm... I don't think that I will stop making those titles as they are easy to make, but thanks for the CSS help anyway - I didn't know how to do that. I will set the styles properly when I make the new site template (with divs et cetera).

Back
Top Bottom