• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy - damn, Kai, that's too epic for words :'D My favourite is probably Salamander. RAWR COMING THROUGH

Someone suggested a forest in fall for the background for the banner, and I think I'm going to try it out. If it doesn't work, I think I'll just slap on some mottled colours. :3

I'll check the Pokemon contest Flipnote thingy later, when I'm done my dailies and stuff. Also Kai your signature stop making it so awesome.

Thank you both, but don't forget that it was Linooney that did the lineart. I didn't think I could so I showed her some sketches and she changed it slightly and that happened. I can post the sketches, if people want.

Also, It was Blazhy's art and colouring that I took inspiration from. That's why It's so damn awesome. ;D

I'd like to see the sketches, personally. :0 But Kai, you're still awesome. Also Linooooone~ I'll give you back your canned lightening now for being equally awesome.

... *tear* Inspiration? From me? :'D I'm not sure what to say.

OH HAI guys guess what Linoone is not dead (yet).

Wheeee go Kai go~ You coloring skills is awesome TO THE MAX like totally. Also, apologies for anyone I screwed up drawing. This is why you people need to post your refs hurr hurr

*huggles canned lightening* Thirding straw hut option here, Blazhy! The shading is too awesome for words.

And Typh: Love the expressions. Especially Blazhy's.

Now I'll go back to lurking.

HEY GUYS can you fill me in on the haps :I It's been a while since I checked in because uh I'm dumb. The only thing I know is that Kai drew an awesome picture and deserves endless parise for it hrnng LOOK AT LITTLE ME oh boy
I really like everyone's expressions :B the composition of the picture and the colours are also cool!
*sips tea*

Blazhy: drawing looks hella cool on its own already, and I'm afraid I don't have any good suggestions to make about the background :c they have already been made. I'll just say I love your colouring, any tips for us mere mortals?

I like where you're headed with that picture, RT. Clearing up the picture and inking it to add a sense of depth would do wonders c:

Before I shove off to bed (it's like. 4 AM); I recently bought a Moleskine, thinking I should because hey, all the cool kids were doing it, and I understand why. The quality of the paper is AMAZING and it's one of the first time I can fill large portions of black in with my pen-brush without it a) bleeding everywhere and/or b) bleeding over to the other side of the page. The tiny format (one page is about half a B5) is quite nice, since you can carry it around and whip it out whenever, though it is a bit of a shame when you're not great at drawing on a small scale (hello).

Anyway, I'll just dump my current Moleskine doodles (except the slightly less kid-friendly ones I guess :v SKEWED PERCEPTION OF ADULT ART FROM LIVING IN OPEN-MINDED COUNTRY help) here and hope for the best/criticism?

Bunch of pictures in one file. Putin, some Russians kissing, a girl in a breeze and random headshots.
Beat-up mafioso-kind of guy, some guy who got shanked or something and a profile shot of my character Ivan. In retrospect I could have drawn stabbed guy as Ivan but oh well.
Young Alain and Ivan out ice-skating.
Concept sketches for the character of Father Fabrice Demoulin, because I got asked to do a comic of a play I was in. We might even send it to publishers if the project goes through eep. He's supposed to be a shy, liberal, fairly optimistic priest who gets basically harassed by everyone else in the Vatican haha :v my mum told me he looks cool but could do with being chubbier, any thoughts?
Naked Alain, mostly because I wanted to show off his skinny. He's all ashamed because he thinks he's very unnatractive :v oy. Warning for bad proportions and kind of 3/4 covered-up nakedness?

And just for giggles, a comic I drew of Putin being a creepo.

:D Will do~ Although it kinda is in ink but not inked if that made any sense whatsoever. Alas I can't use the very good inking pens from school cause everyone else steals them and stuff :c so

Since it's sorta late I only got to look at the ice skating one and Father. I like where both are heading and young!Alain and Ivan are so cute c: It's the expressions that sell it; simple yet effective. When it comes to the penciled-in headshots the first is my favorite. Maybe it's them eyes. He looks good like he is now, but he'd loook pretty good chubbier too i guess.

Well, we were thinking of doing a Secret OSer art trade thingy, and some comic thingy... *brainfart* Yeah I forget.

Anyway, if anyone wants tips for colouring, uh...! Well, it's just a matter of how bold you are, really. I find that a lot of people, while using colour pencils, use the same one to colour an entire subject, just pressing harder in the darker parts. I switch to an entirely different pencil that's sometimes several shades darker than the base colour. I even use black sparingly while colouring white stuff. Sparingly is the key word, though - don't go overboard, lest the picture will look... a lot darker than you intended! I may do a tutorial-style thing when I have free time (that probably means never :'D) but yeah, just be bold. If you're scared of ruining your picture, try doing stuff digitally, on a separate layer, first, to get a feel of how it's supposed to work.
Not sure if that helped anyone but :D I tried.

UH YES ABOUT THAT FFFFF. I want to do one just let me find the list.

O HAY mine is in bold

1. Crazy Linoone [Draw a epicgrouppic Linoone and at least one other OSer of choice.]
2. Kai [I suppose it'd have to be myself lying down on a hill, back up against a tree. Prefferably in the autumn, but any other season is fine, too.]
3. Arylett Dawnsborough [Whoever I get paired up with, draw me and yourself doing something ridiculous together. As for what that ridiculousness is, surprise me.]
4. Kinova [Could you try a couple of my characters? Either the two to the far right in this picture, or any other two from it, up to you. c:]
5. Zora [Whoever gets me should draw...hm... the best OS crack couple they can think of!]
6. Typh [Hurdy hurr um. I'll be lame and have you draw either your sexy self or another OSser (besides me) in typhgear. I'm the one in the middle btw with the fedora.]

hi there! i'm a amiture mangaka, and giving pokemon fanart a go. i've been drawing for 2 years. can anyone give me some advice about drawing pokemon because i usally draw shojo, so its a new feild for me. thanks a bunch!!

I'M NEW HERE I draw people mixed with cats that are somewhat reminiscent of the Lackadaisy style (because I did take some of the details I use from Lackadaisy, although I was drawing people-cats before I knew Lackadaisy even existed).

Example:
lionblaze.png
I don't consider myself a very good drawer but my friends (even the ones who are better at drawing than me) think I am. :V

(I can shade, but I don't do it on everything I draw...)

@Black Hood: Demon. Do want. It's the wings, look like they're made from conguelated blood or something. <3

@Leafpool: Sup? That's not half bad, really, I'd just say the head's too big, but I like the expression. The legs don't match off too well, although that just may be perspective and the fact that one of the pant legs is pulled up some, correct?

annnd i haven't drawn anything coherent for a bit. That I have on me so ;v

hey look another newcomer

artcollage1.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality, I don't own a scanner so I had to use a digital camera. And, yes, I was lazy so I drew those reed-things instead of another foot for the bird-thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom