• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

RPG Maker DS anounced!

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
http://zentendo.com/news.php?newsId=2942

This is interesting...but as promising as this title is, it needs to be on the DSi to tap into its true potential. A game like this NEEDS a lot of storage room, and a regular DS cart can't really provide that for multiple games. An SD card would fix this problem, since you can store your own games AND games made by other people, and I'd imagine it be easier to exchange games that way as well.

Hopefully it will come out in English-speaking countries....because this is the type of game I've been waiting for. I don't really want one of the PC versions at the moment.

This makes me so happy. :D I remember playing one of the RPG makers back when I was about six or seven, and I absolutely loved it. This is a game that I'll definitely have to get, granted it gets released in English speaking countries.

RPG Maker is awesome.

Then again, most awesome things from other mediums released for the DS don't work so well. Plus, I have a DS Lite. Might give it a shot if it gets translated to English, though.

RPG Maker is awesome.

Then again, most awesome things from other mediums released for the DS don't work so well. Plus, I have a DS Lite. Might give it a shot if it gets translated to English, though.

Well, I'm just pointing out it would be better on the DSi, not that it is DSi exclusive.

Well, I'm just pointing out it would be better on the DSi, not that it is DSi exclusive.
I know. What I was pointing out myself is that I'll have to use the least recommended sort of DS, which adds up to the fact it's likely to be a disappointment.

This is cool~ I hope it comes out in English. I don't have a DSi, but whatever. I'm working on a game in the VX version of that program, and it's really fun~ :3

I know. What I was pointing out myself is that I'll have to use the least recommended sort of DS, which adds up to the fact it's likely to be a disappointment.

Personally, I'd recommend the DSi over the Light, but I guess it's just a matter of preferance.

Though it really irks me when people go off bashing the DSi for no apparent reason other than that they didn't want to spend the money.

This could wind up being either a pretty neat thing or a really bad thing.
I would be interested to see how it turns out, in any case.

I recall that when a Nintendo Power editor once said a game like this would be perfect for the DS. He got his wish.

I actually have lots of faith in this. If anyone knows how to make a RPG, it's Japan.

I somehow made up to a few dungeons and areas that were quite good about a year ago with RPG Maker XP. Although I probably won't get this, it sounds pretty cool, but as others have said, probably will be a bit watered down because of the DS's capabilities.

Hopefully they don't make it 3D... 3D in DS games without "Mario" in the title is just a bad idea (and yet way too many companies keep doing it anyway... *punches Square-Enix in the face*)

Plus I'm pretty sure 3D models take up more space than 2D sprites, so the chance of games being super-crappy would be even higher... everyone would just use recolors of the same very small selection of graphics. I mean, even more than they already do with the PC RPG Makers. With 2D graphics, you'd have more defaults to choose from and since it's on the DS you could draw your own with the touchscreen, if they actually make that an option.

Back
Top Bottom