• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many Shiny Pokemon do you have?

How many Shinies do you have?

• 0-10

Votes: 204 87.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 31 or over

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
Let's see...

Aquajet (Sharpedo in Emerald)
EskimoFood (Walrein caught in Sapphire but imported to Platinum)
Rosebud (Cherrim in Pearl)
Brutality (Gyarados in Emerald)
Goldclaw (Scizor in Platinum)
Sapphire (Ditto in Gold)
Mud (Quagsire in Platinum)
Solar (Espeon in Gold)
KillShroom (Breloom in Pearl)
Ribbit (Toxicroak in Pearl)

And my proudest achievement:
Luna (Cresselia in Platinum)

I swear that Cresselia is legit. I found it shiny and caught it myself. It was the result of endless saving and restarting in front of Cresselia just waiting for a shiny one to pop up, and after awhile, to my amazement, the shiny reared it's head. You should've seen my face :D

So yeah, that's all my shinies. As an extra, I was Feebas hunting in Sapphire and a shiny Carvanha popped up, but I was so focused on Feebas that I didn't notice it was shiny and killed Carvanha in frustration. Only when it was to late did I realize my mistake...:sad:

Last edited:
None. D:
I heard that there was this special way to get them called chaining, can someone explain that to me? I'm a bit.. slow. ;-;

Fearow and Graveler, both from platinum. Both are legit... If I were hacking, don't you think I would go for better pokemon? Oh, and once, when I was younger and obsessed with trying to find shinies, I spent upwards of an hour starting and restarting my LeafGreen, hoping to find a shiny squirtle.... Those were the good old days. Now I'm only mildly alarmed when I find a shiny, although I only have 2.

Last edited:
Ruby:
Mightyena - Traded from a friend.

Emerald:
Crobat (Caught as a Zubat) - I found it in Shoal Cave, and I was shocked.

FireRed:
Seaking - The very first shiny I ever encountered; it ran away in the Safari Zone. Then, a few months later, I was fishing in the same area, when lo and behold, there was another one! :freaked: I caught that one.
Dodrio (Caught as a Doduo) - My first shiny that I caught and the second that I actually encountered. I was stunned when I paralyzed it with Electabuzz, then caught it with an Ultra Ball.
Marowak - Randomly encountered at Sevault Canyon, and weakened it with Suicune, and chucked an Ultra Ball and caught it.
Caterpie - Traded from a cousin who encountered it in Viridian Forest within 3 minutes of the game. :freaked:

Platinum:
Rhyhorn - Well, I think you know the drill.
Uxie - I just clicked on it! And it was shiny!!!! And I caught it with a spare Master Ball gotten at the GT. :grin:
Scyther - I seriously gawked at for about a minute before trying to catch it. And I did.

I at one point had a shiny Tentacool in FireRed, but when I put it in the PC, I logged in it a few minutes later, and it wasn't there! Not to mention that I saved before that. I don't know what happened to it, but my friend has had that happen with his Salamence and Articuno. They just... vanished. :freaked:

I've found three by now, if memory doesn't fail me.

A shiny Tentacool on Gold, a shiny Seviper on Sapphire and a shiny Raticate on Leaf Green.

I wouldn't really call it luck. All three of these were caught in three of the several ROMs I've played. I'd just say I found these three over, so to say, increasing my chances.

Check that. I just caught Rosie (Shiny Glameow, female). Yay!

Nine shinies seen, six caught.

Poochyena, Bellsprout, Sandshrew, Marowak, Tauros, Shinx, Beautifly, Bellossom, Glameow

Eh, I lost track. I'll check really fast.

I've seen thirteen total, bolded meaning I have it now.

1. Poochyena-(F) Sei Beauty
2. Bellsprout
3. Sandshrew (M) Sandshrew [Bashful]
4. Marowak (M) Kimimaro [Timid]
5. Tauros (M) Lemon-Lime [Naughty]
6. Shinx (F) Nefertiti [Rash]
7. Beautifly (F) Speedy [Adamant]
8. Bellossom (F) Violet [Bold]
9. Glameow (F) Rosie [Docile]
10. Weepinbell (M) Weepinbell [Hardy]
11. Mightyena (F) Sei Beauty [Gentle]
12. Mightyena (M) Yuukimaru [Bashful]
13. Hypno (M) NillaRawst [Relaxed]
14. Froslass (F) Videl [Gentle]
15. Vulpix (F) Star Song [Hasty]
16. Slugma (F) Slugma [Lonely, trade]
17. Granbull (F) Hana [Hasty]
18. Crobat (F) Shinkokyuu [Careful]

Which means...

I've seen 18 and owned 15. Most from chaining.

Wow. I thought it was 13. o_O

My list:
Red Gyarados of course.
Shiny Ursaring on Gold.
Shiny Whismur (now an Exploud) on Sapphire.
Shiny Oddish (Caught in the Safari Zone: I was so scared it was going to flee! Now a Bellossom) also on Sapphire.
Shiny Unown F on Pearl.
Shiny Beldum (first shiny I chained for) on Platinum.
Shiny Spoink x4 (also chaining) on Platinum.

I have one; a shiny Smeargle I found on Emerald, then trade to my Ruby.

I once had a shiny Spinarak (which I evolved into an Ariados) on Gold, but I started a new game.

a shiny wingull and voltorb that i'm not sure are legal shinies considering i imported them from my sapphire that i've had since the age of like, 6, a shiny magikarp that i caught the other day, a shiny mewtwo that i was lucky enough to get when i traded it from blue to crystal, aaand a shiny palkia from the gts that i seriously doubt is legit, but who knows.

runon much?

If I remember correctly I have twelve, all in platinum and eleven of which were chained. One of them is a shiny Staravia who was randomly found ironically when I was effort training my shiny Machop. Now searching for Bulbasaur in LeafGreen. Yes, I am resetting now.

Well, there's the Shiny Zubat and Tentacool*But those are chump change.* My newest, a shiny Loudred, my Shiny Swampert*Damn Ruby Cartridge deleted it.*Sob* And Shiny Fearow.

Caught two shiny Meowth from a chain!

1. Poochyena-(F) Sei Beauty
2. Bellsprout
3. Sandshrew (M) Sandshrew [Bashful]
4. Marowak (M) Kimimaro [Timid]
5. Tauros (M) Lemon-Lime [Naughty]
6. Shinx (F) Nefertiti [Rash]
7. Beautifly (F) Speedy [Adamant]
8. Bellossom (F) Violet [Bold]
9. Glameow (F) Rosie [Docile]
10. Weepinbell (M) Weepinbell [Hardy]
11. Mightyena (F) Sei Beauty [Gentle]
12. Mightyena (M) Yuukimaru [Bashful]
13. Hypno (M) NillaRawst [Relaxed]
14. Froslass (F) Videl [Gentle]
15. Vulpix (F) Star Song [Hasty]
16. Slugma (F) Slugma [Lonely, trade]
17. Granbull (F) Hana [Hasty]
18. Crobat (F) Shinkokyuu [Careful]

Plus:
19. Meowth (F) Amethyst [Serious]
20. Meowth (M) Odd [Lax] Keep the Way alive!~

20 seen - 17 caught.

I moved my shinies from the Valuable box to their own because they wouldn't fit in the Valuable box. XD

EDIT:

Plus:

21. Smeargle (F)
22. Smeargle (M)) Sai [Hasty

22 seen - 18 caught

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom