• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase! Mk II

ultraviolet

sorry, i'm never going to stop being mad about it.
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
Post your sprites here for critique (and also comment on others).

Yay first post!

(Quoted from previous thread)
megantrans.gif

An attempt at gender-swapping the super nerd sprite from HG/SS. I can't decide whether it actually looks like a girl now or not. Could just be a guy with long hair. Opinions?

Only ever got one comment, so I'm reposting it. Comments plz?

If you locked this for length, then why not do the B/W thread? :/ I don't see the point in locking it for length. Just a waste of time and posts in my opinion... -_-

Mumei said:
I think it looks pretty much like a girl alright. It's a bit hard to say how much since you said it's a gender-swap and I'm looking at it with that premise, but I'd still think it's womanly enough.

Here's something I did just now, a scratched mughshot, design by my sister and sprite (and idea) by me.
gym_ice-1.png

He's an ice-type pimp gym leader. B]

Criticism would be very much appreciated C:

Last edited:
Well.

Hello Sprites and Pixel Art forum. It's been a while.

Have a Regice.
Darkened_Regice7725293003-iaza.gif
And two Regirocks.
Darkened_Regirock9026797789-iaza.gif
Regirock_24511632012-iaza.gif

Well in the spirit of christmas have a Misdree!
misdree_sprite_by_silversail-d35ftwv.png

He turned around at a small screech to see little Cindly Lee Misdree who
was only a little more than three (Why did I have to watch the Grinch XD)

Misdree belongs to

Last edited:
I've never sprited before, so I made various recolors to start off.

I think this one was the best I made.

Dialga recolor -->
picture.php

Dialga recolor -->
picture.php
The red is too bright, you might want to tone it down quite a bit; the shade you have there now doesn't go too well with the yellow (which is a bit yucky, too: try making it more orange so that it fits better with the red, perhaps?). Using colours from official sprites is a good idea.

ANYWAY
my sister made me do this
gym_steel-1.png

Another one of those gym leaders; this one uses steel types (design by the aforementioned sister).
Any comments? :U

my sister made me do this
gym_steel-1.png

Another one of those gym leaders; this one uses steel types (design by the aforementioned sister).
Any comments? :U

the sword is way too short. it should ideally rest on the shoulder and be much longer.

It's that time again!

pocketspriterbanner.png

(the below was written by Twitch)

Pocket Spriter #7: Trials and Pixelations

Newcomers and oldcomers all, welcome to the newest episode of the eagerly-anticipated Pocket Spriter! Today, we rejoin our heroes Seika and Twitch as they grapple with challenges such as overcoming artblock and dealing with thousands of screaming fans who all want requests and commissions and concrit. Exciting! You, the viewer, can join in on the talking fun if you have skype, or simply via the chat if you do not.

The stream will start at 5PM EST on Wednesday, December 29, an earlier start time to accommodate those in other timezones. Panels are as follows:

Hosted by Twitch: 5-8PM
Circuitry Tips: Designing and spriting electric-type fakemon
No Regrets: Reviewing and improving on old designs
Sprite Critique: We take a closer look at viewer-submitted sprites and might actually resprite a few.

Hosted by Seika: 8PM-Happy hour
Hieros Gamos: It's not pokemon, but it -is- a neat pokemonesque game. We'll take a closer look at the alternative style of Seika's creations.
Sprite Requests: Viewers request a design or idea to be sprited.
Happy Hour: par-tayyyy

As always, the link to the channel is http://www.livestream.com/pocketspriter ! You don't need to be registered on livestream or anything. Just drop on by, and tell your friends!

wbdzm9.gif

Animated Revamp of Gifiss. I can haz comments?
First off I really like the shading on the fire here; I can tell the you spent a lot of time on this part and it's paid off. On the other hand, it doesn't really seem to move like fire. My explaining skills are pretty bad, so it'd help you more if you watched fire in motion. A fireplace could work or you could look at some fire-y sprites for reference. Fire Kirby is a good one since he's fairly similar to this character. Next up, you might want to smooth out his circular shape a bit on our right (his left.) This guy seems to have different sized feet, too. I find it's helpful to copy and paste one of the feet and flip it to compare the size. Then make adjustments as you see fit. I like how you animated the eyes, but they seem stark compared the rest of the body. If you used more shades on them, they might blend in more.

God I haven't been on in a while!
apoddlesprite.gif

Meet Apoddle, originally created by Winnie-Beatles on dA, sprited by me!
The 2nd Apoddle is just there for when I make the shiny.

Last edited:
God I haven't been on in a while!
apoddlesprite.gif

Meet Apoddle, originally created by Winnie-Beatles on dA, sprited by me!
The 2nd Apoddle is just there for when I make the shiny.

The color choice is nice; it doesn't burn my eyeballs out, nor is it too drab.

It could use a lot more shading though. The outline needs shading, and you can probably put half its head and body in shadow, not to mention its tail.

Back
Top Bottom