• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chaos of the MYTH

After recovering from his initial shock, Finn had dropped his sword on the floor and fallen to his knees to rummage through his pack. A few odds and ends fell out - a small steel sword, a crossbow, a few assorted wrapped bits of food, a couple gems and some gold coins, a fuzzy reddish lump of some kind of clothing rolled into a ball, and finally he found what he was looking for - a pink, hand-knit sweater. He stuffed everything else back in his pack before slinging it over his shoulders again, scooping up his sword and holding the sweater against his chest.

"It's cool. I'm...doin' okay! I got my sweater!"

He didn't elaborate beyond that.

Peter, meanwhile, folded his hands peacefully and smiled. Above him, a few voices tittered excitedly, flurries of snow and flickers of light visible far above, and a few pairs of gleaming eyes looked down.

"I have told you all we know. And there is one very last thing you must know before you leave... Five artifacts, drawn from the worlds the Generals are born from. These artifacts would increase the power of the Generals if they fell into their hands, so you must guard them very well."

At his words, five motes of light streaked down from the Council thrones, clattering to the ground before the group. The light faded, revealing the items - a metal disk of similar size to the Sigils, inscribed with red markings in an arcane-looking circle, a delicate golden tiara with a purple gem imbedded in it, a diamond-shaped purple gem on a gold chain, a white metal disk with a pink heart painted on, which looks to have been pulled off another object, and a golden ring with four orbs imbedded in it.

"Take these items and guard them well. They are safest with you. Now, make your way to the city below, in the outskirts you will find the first general. The guardians outside will transport you close as they can to his lair."

Flandre was sort of paying attention to what was going on, but to be honest she wasn't quite as scared as some other people were being. Undead monsters? There were hundreds of those in Gensoukyo. It was one of the perks of being one of the scarier things from her own world. She clearly didn't have a very good grasp of what she was up against. After all, not everything outside of her world is a cute little girl...

Still hovering about Finn's head, she dipped down closer to him when he took out his sweater.

"Oooh! It's pretty! Is it magical? What properties does it have? It's so cute!" she tittered, giggling. She didn't try to grab at it as he put it away, though.

She looked up as the items were revealed, taking surprisingly good note of them as they appeared.

"That is a really cute sweater. I would ask about it too," Makoto told Finn and Flandre, "but now that we know where we're going, we have to, well, get going."

Then she heard Peter talk about some objects that they had to protect, with their lives. The objects then materialized, like a lot of things seemed to do in this place.

"Well I hope someone else doesn't mind holding onto these things.", Makoto said, "I feel like I'm going to somehow misplace them if I hold onto them, ehehe. Off I go then!"

She ambled off towards the building's exit with that.

Ghetsis picked up the object that landed closest to him - the disk with a pink heart, of all things - with distaste. They would make good bargaining tools, perhaps, if the situation came to it, but if the symbol was in any way representative of any of the generals... well. Certain that his thought spoke for itself, he let it hang and moved onto the next train of thought.

He remembered the so-called "Hero of Unova" marching to N's throne room with a black orb in hand, and his own amusement at the foolishness. But he'd been invoking an ancient legend to give Team Plasma legitimacy, and N had insisted ("I'm the hero of truth. I have to know.") that the knights, the majority of whom followed the myth Ghetsis preached, let the idiotic idealist pass unharmed. But those were extenuating circumstances, and even then, the other sages were prepared to attack and steal the Dark Stone away.

If no such thing stood between the generals and the pragmatic course of action, taking these objects into their lairs was beyond foolish.

But. Well.

He could use this, perhaps.

"If these artefacts can enhance the power of the generals," he said, turning the disc over, "are there powers they can grant us?"

Although, he belatedly realised, if possession of one of them did grant him some sort of ability, he may have picked the wrong one.

Last edited:
Zexion watched the boy in the weird hat fall to the ground. Even with that, Zexion's face stayed emotionless. He watched everything that happened from there on, happen. When the items came from the Priest, one caught Zexion's eye. In the pile of five items, a golden ring with orbs in it catches Zexion's eyes. He picks it up and examines it. The ring was odd to say the least, but he wanted to hold on to it.

Zexion speaks to the group, "Maybe each of us should take one item. This way no one can lose all of them if such a thing ever happened." He didn't wait for volunteers, "I'll take care of the ring."

Zexion walks, slowly, to the small group ready to leave. The giant red man that called himself 'Hellboy' and a guy in a red cape that indentified himself as 'Lord Ghirahim' were there. Zexion had already forgotten the others names, but he would figure them out later. "I agree, we should get moving."

Flandre finally noticed the items that had fallen to the ground. Seeing that a few had already been snatched up, she noticed the purple amulet. Not only was it pretty, but there was a... familiar energy encompassing it. She drew closer to it, reaching down her tender hand and picking it up...

Dooku let the saber shut down and walked toward the group ready to leave, Let the others handle the items, I'm here to kill and save, not be a pack mule! he looked at the group, he didn't like any because clearly no one gave a second glance at him. But why should he care, he was in this to kill the threateners of his planet, that was all.

"If you need me to take any items, I will," Doctor Horrible said.

Please don't give me the tiara, he thought. That is almost so non-threatening I could laugh.

"So...are we ready?" he asked.

Cloud looked at the items as they appeared and clattered before them. He picked up the disk with red markings, which was closes to him, and looked at it for a moment, before pocketing it and nodding to Peter and the Council. "We'll guard them. You can trust us." He lifted his sword and sheathed it in the sheath behind his waist. He then turned and walked slowly over to the group, looking to the others before looking ahead.

Flandre heard what the man with the funny goggles had said, and giggled.

"Oh come on. It can't be that bad~" she tittered. She picked up the tiara gingerly, floating over to Dr. Horrible and carefully fit it to his head, behind the goggles.

"There," she laughed, "Much better!"

Peter folds his arms and looks at them, watching them all look over the artifacts that were given to them to protect. He could feel the temptation of the group, he could also feel the faith the Council held in them to succeed and find the end of this all madness. Noting the stirring on the ones behind him on their thrones, he motions to the door that the travelers had comes from, making a somewhat 'shoo' gesture.

And not unaccustomed to the signs that one needs to shove off, Hellboy relights his cigar and heads for the door. His tail flicks a bit as he passes them, taking a good note in the ones in on this so called mission. "Well come on then. We got work to do"

And with that, he exits the door and waits for the others.

Dr. Horrible felt utterly foolish as the little girl placed the tiara on his head.

"Yes, I agree. Let's go," Dr. Horrible said quickly, trying to get the tiara off his head.

It took some pulling (That girl must have forced it on, he thought.) but the tiara made its way off his head. He put in in a pocket inside his lab coat and then followed Hellboy.

(It's okay, as long as we're sure people are still alive for this RP haha)

Flandre laughed as she saw Dr. Horrible reluctantly take the tiara, though she was a bit disappointed that he wasn't going to continue wearing it. She thought he seemed rather dashing in it.

She floated towards the door, the purple amulet still in her hand.

Zexion pulls off a glove, seeing as the party was slow to gather at the door. He slides the ring on, it turned out to be just large enough to fit on his ring finger. He slides the glove back on over it. The ring doesn't create as much of a bump as he expected, so he reopens the Lexicon. He stares at his Sigil for awhile.

After a few moments, he decides to test if he can open a Dark Corridor in the Hub. He puts his hand up, palm facing out. If this works, I could leave this group and head home. Gather some others to help. As the darkness and shadow form a rough outline like the Dark Corridors. He walks towards it and pulls out a seashell. Xion had left these on Roxas' pillow while he was unconscious. Zexion tossed it at the Corridor. As it hit the middle of the outline, it shattered, The pieces falling straight down. Zexion has a relieved look on his face, Good thing I didn't try to go through.

He then decides to test one more thing. He opens the Lexicon and begins to speak in a very low tone. Soon, there are 3 Zexion's standing where he was. He looked proudly at his work. The two illusions followed behind him, looking and walking similar to him. Let them see if they can guess.

After a short wait at the doorway, the others finally began to head this way. Scanning the group once more, Makoto sees that overall, they're pretty normal. Most of them were humans. Granted, strangely dressed, but human nonetheless. She was nonplussed by the others, having seen plenty of strange things already.

One of them, Zexion, Makoto recalled, came up. However, there was something clearly off. There were three of him.

Hey I've done that before!, Makoto thought, indeed having done something similar in a fight, but these seemed more stable, rather than Makoto's ninja-like trick.

"Fun, isn't it?", Makoto said to Zexion, "I'm sure you're a hit at parties, hehe."

Ghirahim chuckled quietly as several of the others took those artifacts that were offered by the Council. "They can all busy themselves with whatever trinkets are offered to them," he hissed, "I, meanwhile, can content myself with the... glorious gifts from my Master." He materialized a diamond-like dagger, and let it vanish again. "Now then, why don't we get a move on? Constantly having to stay in this rank place is beginning to appall me."

He didn't bother waiting for a response, choosing to instead follow the others out of the chamber.

Cloud followed out last, taking slow, long strides as he gets another look at the others in the group. He looked out around the area outside the chamber, taking in the sights silently as his mind wandered once again. He made a "Hm." sound after a moment and looked back to the others, waiting for the next move.

Back
Top Bottom