• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Between rape and murder, which is the worse offense, and why?

Which is worse?

• Rape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Murder

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Usually rape, but it depends on the context

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Usually murder, but it depends on the context

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of criteria would you apply to this sort of thing to determine which is worst? do you mean worse ethically or judicially? are rape or murder cases ever judged on anything other than a contextual perspective? why is it important to determine which is worse if we can agree that they're both morally reprehensible criminal acts?

i dunno. different rape or murder cases aren't interchangeable and i don't feel comfortable judging on the whole whether rape or murder is a worse thing to do. who am i to judge how severe someone else's experience of rape or murder is?

what kind of criteria would you apply to this sort of thing to determine which is worst? do you mean worse ethically or judicially? are rape or murder cases ever judged on anything other than a contextual perspective? why is it important to determine which is worse if we can agree that they're both morally reprehensible criminal acts?

i dunno. different rape or murder cases aren't interchangeable and i don't feel comfortable judging on the whole whether rape or murder is a worse thing to do. who am i to judge how severe someone else's experience of rape or murder is?

I was leaning towards the ethical perspective. As for the reason for this thread, the intent was to see if you guys deem the ultimate sexual violation or the ultimate physical violation as the more grievous offense - it was meant to stir up discussion and get us thinking.

Sorry but this is a horrible thread

Good to see that you decided to make such an informative, valuable, necessary post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom