• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Things that annoy you, that really shouldn't

The word creek (but not creak).
Lip smacking when eating (Grandpa!)
When it sounds like people are trying to one up you ("Man I didn't get much sleep last night, I didn't go to bed until like 1 am" "Oh man you have no idea, I went to bed at 4 and only got two hours of sleep, I am so exhausted!)
When someone (Mom) tells you to do something you were already planning to do (it just takes away all motivation to do it).

When it sounds like people are trying to one up you ("Man I didn't get much sleep last night, I didn't go to bed until like 1 am" "Oh man you have no idea, I went to bed at 4 and only got two hours of sleep, I am so exhausted!)
Yes, this. I... don't think that when this happens they're actually trying to one-up me, but it usually comes off that way? And then I just get all mad, because ?? that's great, could you maybe just... help me for a moment, without derailing the conversation? I dunno, I probably overthink it, but that bothers me a lot as well. I mean, occasionally a friendly, "Oh, yeah, I feel your pain," is helpful, but trying to prove that you're capable of sympathising almost every time without fail becomes exhausting.

It also really bothers me when someone that isn't very good at something gives me constructive criticism on it. Obviously this is a very haughty way to think and generally a pretty shitty mindset, but... I don't know, I'm capable of ignoring it and manage to do so pretty effectively, but I don't think it's ever going to stop bothering me. I mean, I understand that some people are more prone to noticing specific errors than others, so maybe my less experienced friend might point out a genuine mistake that I should fix, but it makes me really pissy for some reason.

Quote Unquote [the quotation]

Surely it should be

Quote [the quotation] Unquote

Another one!

When people can't tell the difference between "any more" and "anymore", or "every day" and "everyday"

People attributing games to the producers rather than the designers.

Which often is true in the case of bad design decisions due to demands by the producer. I just wish people were more prudent about it - like, people saying "Nintendo" rather than "Game Freak" or "The Pokémon Company Internation/TCPI" when referring to pokémon is a little bit annoying.

People misspelling things to make them sound more cutesy, like "wittle" instead of "little" and "snek" instead of "snake". It's not a thing in all cases, but it bothers me more than it probably should do.

People attributing games to the producers rather than the designers.

Which often is true in the case of bad design decisions due to demands by the producer. I just wish people were more prudent about it - like, people saying "Nintendo" rather than "Game Freak" or "The Pokémon Company Internation/TCPI" when referring to pokémon is a little bit annoying.

Agree so much! And I've seen too much of people complaining about Nintendo for something about Pokémon games when they're not actually the developers.
Along with this, I think the developers also deserve to have their logo on the front of the cover along with the publisher, boxart clutter be damned. They're the ones who actually MADE the game, after all.

Last edited:
Press F to Pay Respects. That is all

I'm actually the opposite, there's something I really don't like about "RIP" or "My thoughts are with the family"
I always read those things in a really forced way. That if they don't say it people will assume their thoughts aren't with the family. I'm probably just imaging it, it's just when there are threads and threads of people all leaving the same comment (I'm talking about "RIP" not "F" here) it starts to lose meaning. An individual saying it doesn't really add anything more to the conversation, why do people need to know that my thoughts are with the family, as well as everyone else's thoughts? I'm just one person in a huge crowd.

I don't mind F because it already means so little. I mean it's definitely disrespectful if you're the first person to bring it up, but for everyone else who replies after that with an F - they're showing they care enough to "pay respects" but they're not desensitising me to a phrase that's supposed to mean something.

/unnecessary and stupid explanation

EDIT: Actually, the only time I hear it said out loud is when news readers report on politicians responding to murders, and since we all know politicians lack all human empathy (this is a joke, I don't actually believe that, but you know what I mean), the only time I hear phrases like "my thoughts are with the family" said out loud are definitely lies, so that probably contributes to my dislike of the phrase.

Last edited:
Whenever I'm in the kitchen, cooking myself something, and all of a sudden, another person walks into the kitchen with me. That just bothers me for some reason. One time, me and three other people were in the kitchen at the same time, and that was pretty bad

Whenever I'm in the kitchen, cooking myself something, and all of a sudden, another person walks into the kitchen with me. That just bothers me for some reason. One time, me and three other people were in the kitchen at the same time, and that was pretty bad

This makes me so mad. omg. I literally wait until like midnight to get food sometimes just so that nobody will be in the kitchen with me. It makes me almost too uncomfortable to eat, for no reason.

I just hate it when people make jokes out of my little mistakes. One time, I was playing Counter Strike with my friends and said
AK-4, not AK-47. They never let it go. Ever.

OH MAN I HATE THAT i used to live in a student apartment where I shared the kitchen with 7 others and I was sick of that happening

One time I had to go to the shop to buy some missing ingredients mid-cooking and when I got back one of the guys there had ALSO started cooking and I had to just finish cooking next to him with almost no room that was horrible

now I've moved and have my own kitchen, much better

Back
Top Bottom