• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Disney's Tangled

Yes it is wonderful.

I am fairly certain that Flynn is the ancestor of El Dorado's Tulio and goes clubbing with Naveen. They have the same smile.

I don't even understand what is the issue with just releasing these things in the UK at the same damn time.

Also I was really pleasantly surprised that there were, you know, songs. Silly Disney, trying to advertise it like it was a MANLY MAN movie.

I am fairly certain that Flynn is the ancestor of El Dorado's Tulio and goes clubbing with Naveen. They have the same smile.

This sounds like the best thing that has ever been made and I want to go see this movie now, just to see this Flynn dude.

This sounds like the best thing that has ever been made and I want to go see this movie now, just to see this Flynn dude.

How they created Flynn was the animators asked all of their female staff to get pictures of celebrities they thought were attractive, and they combined common traits of the celebrities chosen into Flynn.

And all of this is something I am not making up.

I feel so horribly shallow for this, but I really, really want to see this movie and it's just because the stills look unimaginably pretty. "Pretty" here includes the pretty man who I can easily believe was created as an average of manly attractiveness. Yes.

Alas, it doesn't look like it's coming out in Iceland until January 21st.

Also I was really pleasantly surprised that there were, you know, songs. Silly Disney, trying to advertise it like it was a MANLY MAN movie.

No I almost wanted to see it ruin it Verne. That's the #1 turn off for me to Disney movies, they have to constantly break out into song for no real reason and then everyone knows the words and just what the heck you could do thirty seconds of dialogue for the same point but /no/ let's waste three minutes playing a tune that will get stuck in your head and repeating lyrics in some unhumanly high soprano AND SOMEHOW EVERYONE KNOWS THE WORDS WHICH IS JUST SO FRICKING CREEPY.

/rant

Last edited:
No I almost wanted to see it ruin it Verne. That's the #1 turn off for me to Disney movies, they have to constantly break out into song for no real reason and then everyone knows the words and just what the heck you could do thirty seconds of dialogue for the same point but /no/ let's waste three minutes playing a tune that will get stuck in your head and repeating lyrics in some unhumanly high soprano AND SOMEHOW EVERYONE KNOWS THE WORDS WHICH IS JUST SO FRICKING CREEPY.

/rant
It's either a) just magic inherent to the universe that makes it happen (if Flynn explicitly hates singing, that's probably it), b) an artistic rendering of the characters' imaginations, or c) yeah, they really just had a thirty-second conversation, but you're watching a movie where the conversation is restaged into a song.

Really, it's silly to let it bother you. Do you lie awake at night being creeped out because fictional characters never go to the bathroom? I mean, feel free to dislike songs in Disney movies (honestly, I did too when I was your age), but doing so because it's not realistic?

I liked Tangled, it was a good movie, really cute. I would have loved the songs, but unfortunately, the songs were ruined by this girl next to me (two seats next to me) who kept singing--and I stress singing--along with all the freakin' songs in the entire movie. So I was unable to enjoy it as much. I knew I should have moved or told her to be quiet.

But otherwise, I love the visuals and modeling, it was so beautifully done. The film's a must see even if it's just for the visuals.

Okay, two questions: a) Did the animation remind you of DreamWorks in some way? b) Who here thinks the cupid guy was both funny AND creepy at the same time?

Oh, and I swear the bald man with the hook looks like Nappa with a hook.

Its a cute film^^ It has nice humor in it too XD Flynn's getting his nose done wrong on posters LOL

Also, i like princess films in genneral XD i may watch it again online sometime. I actually didn't see it in theaters though.

Back
Top Bottom