• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kammington versus Blackthorne Steele

2v2 Single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 99%
Banned: Every move in existence, Chill
Arena: Kam's House

Prior to the battle, everyone will drink some highly toxic Ultrametronomium Chloride (brand name Motherf&@!in' Metronome Milk!!!). This grants everyone a) infinite energy and b) the ability to use Metronome at the cost of forgetting every other move in existence.

This fight takes place in my house, specifically, my room and the area below it. I'll provide a nice little diagram for the ref, but it's about 5x3 meters. The battle starts on the top floor, where my room can be found. Provided that the floorboards are broken, via usage of Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Rock Tomb, what have you; everyone will fall eight feet down to the first floor, taking 8% damage as a result.

Pretty much anything in this house that looks like you could set it on fire is flammable. Anything can be broken. Anything can happen.

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Ability: Keen Eye
Health: 94%
Commands: Metronome ~ Metronome ~ Metronome

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Ability: Guts
Health: 86%
Status: Don't try that again if you want to live. Gastro Acid in effect.
Item: Leichi Berry

Round 9 Begin!

Roadkilla twitches his plume of tail feathers once more, and prepares for an attack that will let him really live up to his name: he leaps up into the air, then plows into the ground, unleashing a wave of seismic energy. The floor ripples out in all directions, and throws Slayer aside like a ragdoll; he slams into a wall, and his legs get crushed between the two. He growls, and then hobbles towards Roadkilla, waving his arms. A bright glow forms in front of his face, forming quickly into a rough beak-shape; he pecks Roadkilla sharply with it, then hobbles back.

Tilting his head to one side in puzzlement, Roadkilla begins another Metronome attack; this time, the temperature plunges sharply, and as the battlers look up, they see that icicles appear to have formed on the ceiling. Once again, the referee calls forth the league's Reuniclus to protect her. The unconscious trainers have no such concerns. The icicles shake ominously, and detach. They plummet down and smash on the unfortunate Slayer, who whimpers and flinches under the assault. They continue falling for several seconds, and when they cease, there is ice all over the floor. Slayer uncurls from his comical position, and begins wiggling his arms once more; suddenly he feels himself drawing chemicals from various sources in his body, which he concentrates in his mouth, then spits it at Roadkilla. He screeches and squawks, shaking wildly in an attempt to get the stuff off.

It takes about a minute for him to remove the muck entirely, Slayer watching him in amusement; he then begins twitching once more, and suddenly Slayer feels very hot. The ice is melting in a neat circle around him, he observes... and then, suddenly, a massive plume of blue flames erupts around him. The intense fire continues for what feels like an eternity, before finally fading away to reveal a charred and burnt Slayer. He drops to his knees, coughing; then, growling, he pulls himself painfully onto his feet, and begins twitching his arms yet again. Suddenly, he runs towards Roadkilla in a weird hobbling gait, grabs him and throws him as hard as he can to the ground, which due to his burn isn't very much.

Round 9 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Health: 82%
Attacks Used: Metronome (Bulldoze) ~ Metronome (Icicle Crash) ~ Metronome (Blue Flare)

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 53%
Status: Aaargh. Gastro Acid in effect, speed -1, burned (severe; 5% per round, physical moves halved).
Attacks Used: Metronome (Pluck) ~ Metronome (Venoshock) ~ Metronome (Vital Throw)

Damage / Energy Calculations
Metronome (Bulldoze) - 9% damage (accuracy roll 22, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Pluck) - 5% damage (accuracy roll 80, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Icicle Crash) - 11% damage (accuracy roll 10, needed 90 or above to miss)
Metronome (Venoshock) - 5% damage (accuracy roll 84, needed 90 or above to miss)
Metronome (Blue Flare) - 8% damage (accuracy roll 57, needed 85 or above to miss)
Metronome (Vital Throw) - 2% damage

Notes
- BLUE FLARE :D
- BLUE FLARE :D burned Slayer. Things are not going his way, are they.
- Icicle Crash did not cause a flinch.

Arena Notes
- We are on the first floor.
- Basically everything in the room has been incinerated, barring a little circle of carpet underneath the referee.
- The floor underneath slayer is even more burned than the rest. The insect corpses that were once there are now little lumps of ash.
- There is ice all over the floor, barring near Slayer, where it's melted.

Next Round
- Steele Attacks
- Karkat Vantas Attacks
- I ref

2v2 Single

Prior to the battle, everyone will drink some highly toxic Ultrametronomium Chloride (brand name Motherf&@!in' Metronome Milk!!!). This grants everyone a) infinite energy and b) the ability to use Metronome at the cost of forgetting every other move in existence.

This fight takes place in my house, specifically, my room and the area below it. I'll provide a nice little diagram for the ref, but it's about 5x3 meters. The battle starts on the top floor, where my room can be found. Provided that the floorboards are broken, via usage of Earthquake, Draco Meteor, Rock Tomb, what have you; everyone will fall eight feet down to the first floor, taking 8% damage as a result.

Pretty much anything in this house that looks like you could set it on fire is flammable. Anything can be broken. Anything can happen.
Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Health: 82%

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 53%
Status: Aaargh. Gastro Acid in effect, speed -1, burned (severe; 5% per round, physical moves halved).

Round 10 Begin!

Pulling himself up, Roadkilla begins waving his tail back an forth yet again. Suddenly, he takes flight; he hurtles towards Slayer and then, reaching him, cloaks his talons in draconic energy and begins gouging at Slayer's hide. Slayer screeches under the assault, but can do little to get out of the way; his burn impedes his movement, and Roadkilla is agile enough to compensate for any slight motion that the Larvitar can manage. So Slayer goes for the only available option: Metronome. Waving his arms, the Larvitar turns to face his opponent and then vomits the entire contents of his stomach over him, causing him to screech and recoil. He shakes himself wildly in midair to try and get the stuff off, and while he is mostly successful, the acid has already burned his skin, leaving him with an itchy, uncomfortable rash.

Now you're in for it, thinks Roadkilla, waving his tail yet again. He begins muttering a strange and ancient chant, and suddenly the ice littering the floor seems to spontaneously melt; the water rises up into a swirling pillar, which heads straight for the unfortunate Slayer. It engulfs him, and he is thrown around inside it; oddly, though, the primary feeling is not one of pain but one of relief, as the water is incredibly soothing on his burned hide. Eventually, the column dissipates and collapses, dropping Slayer on the ground again. He leaps straight to his feet and begins an attack; shaking his hands back and forth, he leaps up into the air, as high as his short stature and now-less-painful burned hide will allow. Which isn't very. He reaches the apex of his leap and descends rapidly towards the unfortunate Roadkilla, slamming into him with such force as to propel him into the ground; Slayer seems to bounce off, and leaps back, grinning.

Pulling himself up, Roadkilla moans and then shakily begins another Metronome; he stares at the three Larvitar he can now see and decides to aim for the one on the left. As he flies towards them, the three resolve into one, and Roadkilla sees that he was correct; he cloaks his wings in a draconic energy and then strikes Slayer first with one, then the other. Slayer winces and then begins yet another Metronome, feeling rather repetetive; the second the attack takes, he dashes forward in a speed that renders him nigh-invisible to the eye. He strikes Roadkilla with, it must be said, considerably less force than he had expected, and then retuns at the same breathtaking speed to his own area of the floor.

Feeling that he's now weak enough to justify its use, Slayer removes the berry from the pouch around his neck, and consumes it. He feels a rush of power as the effects take hold.

Round 10 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Health: 72%
Attacks Used: Metronome (Dragon Claw) ~ Metronome (Water Pledge) ~ Metronome (Dual Chop)

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 20%
Status: Woah! Fast! Gastro Acid in effect, speed -1, attack +1, burned (moderate; 3% per round, physical moves halved).
Attacks Used: Metronome (Acid Spray) ~ Metronome (Hi Jump Kick) ~ Metronome (Extremespeed)

Metronome (Dragon Claw) - 8% damage (accuracy roll 3, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Acid Spray) - 3% damage (accuracy roll 88, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Water Pledge) - 12% damage (accuracy roll 44, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Hi Jump Kick) - 4% damage (accuracy roll 14, needed 90 or above to miss)
Metronome (Dual Chop) - 4% damage *2 (accuracy rolls 8 and 81, needed 90 or above to miss)
Metronome (Extremespeed) - 3% damage (accuracy roll 1, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Being doused in water soothed the burn somewhat, reducing its severity.
- Extremespeed's priority was normal because it was called by Metronome.

Arena Notes
- Basically everything in the room has been incinerated, barring a little circle of carpet underneath the referee.
- The floor underneath Slayer is even more burned than the rest. The insect corpses that were once there that then became little lumps of ash are now washed away in the water.
- There's water pretty much everywhere. The floor is soaked, and so are the two unconscious trainers.

Next Round
- Karkat Vantas Attacks
- Steele Attacks
- I ref

2v2 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Health: 72%

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 20%
Status: Woah! Fast! Gastro Acid in effect, speed -1, attack +1, burned (moderate; 3% per round, physical moves halved).

Round 11 Begin!

Roadkilla can see that Slayer is tiring, that the battle will be over soon. That said, the Metronome attack is notoriously unpredictable... well, anyway. He begins another Metronome, and a glow of what appears to be black light (but how can light be black?) forms around his eyes. It arcs, as though it were an electrical charge, towards Slayer, where it deals absolutely no damage and a light tickling sensation. It fades away. Slayer laughs derisively, and then begins a Metronome of his own; on its conclusion, he dips his tail in the puddle surrounding him, and watches as the water gathers around it. He carefully picks it out, and the water stays put; suddenly, he leaps at Roadkilla, and slams his tail down on the unfortunate bird. The water suddenly loses its cohesion, and pours back onto the floor.

Roadkilla begins shaking his tail again, preparing for another totally unpredictable move. The floor underneath Slayer suddenly explodes upwards, rocks gouging at his sides and then hurling themselves back at him after they've already passed, in full defiance of the laws of physics. he growls - usually that's his tehnique - and prepares to move again. He begins shaking his stubby arms back and forth, and suddenly feels an incredible surge of power. His arm glows bright pinkish-white, and he makes a slashing motion aimed at Roadkilla; a massive blade of energy emerges, distorting the very fabric of space around it. It hurtles towards Roadkilla, looking very dramatic and space-twisty, and strikes him; all of space seems to implode on him and he screams in terror. When he opens his eyes, the universe is back to normal, with no sign that anything was amiss.

And now he's getting angry. If that little rock-dinosaur-thing is going to pull a trick like that, well then he might just have to pull a few tricks of his own. He begins another Metronome, hoping beyond hope that it will be something ultra-powerful; he is dismayed when all he is able to do is fly towards Slayer and give him a sharp peck on the top of the skull. Slayer laughs, what was that? I barely felt it! And begins his attack, which causes him to open his mouth wide. Hundreds of tiny glowing stars emerge and fly in all directions, many of them striking and exploding on Roadkilla. Slayer laughs.

Round 11 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Health: 47%
Status: Ooh, that thing is really starting to annoy me... Special defense -2.
Attacks Used: Metronome (Night Shade) ~ Metronome (Rock Slide) ~ Metronome (Horn Attack)

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 6%
Status: Hahahahaha! I get to break space and all you do is peck me on the head! Gastro Acid in effect, speed -1, attack +1, burned (moderate; 3% per round, physical moves halved).
Attacks Used: Metronome (Aqua Tail) ~ Metronome (Spacial Rend) ~ Metronome (Swift)

Metronome (Night Shade) - failed
Metronome (Aqua Tail) - 3% damage (accuracy roll 79, needed 90 or above to miss)
Metronome (Rock Slide) - 5% damage (accuracy roll 72, needed 90 or above to miss)
Metronome (Spacial Rend) - 13% damage (accuracy roll 78, needed 95 or above to miss)
Metronome (Horn Attack) - 6% damage (accuracy roll 99, needed 100 to miss)
Metronome (Swift) - 9% damage

Notes
- SPACIAL REND :D
- I have a strong feeilng that this will be over next round.

Arena Notes
- The floor underneath Slayer is even more burned than the rest. The insect corpses that were once there that then became little lumps of ash are now washed away in the water.
- There's water pretty much everywhere. The floor is soaked, and so are the two unconscious trainers.

Next Round
- Steele Attacks
- Karkat Vantas Attacks
- I ref

2v2 Single

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Status: Ooh, that thing is really starting to annoy me... Special defense -2.

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 6%
Status: Hahahahaha! I get to break space and all you do is peck me on the head! Gastro Acid in effect, speed -1, attack +1, burned (moderate; 3% per round, physical moves halved).

Round 12 Begin!

Roadkilla knows that the victor will be decided by the next few attacks. He begins shaking his tail again, and preparing for his next move: the ground under Slayer ripples oddly and then bursts upwards, just as though it were water. When the apparently-liquid ground clears away, Slayer is lying motionless on the ground.

The referee asks the Reuniclus to lower its shield, now that no potentially harmful attacks are going to come her way. She slips a paycheck into the pocket of each trainer, then plucks a Pokéball of each of their belts and recalls their Pokémon. She replaces the balls, then teleports away before anyone connects her with all the damage.

Round 12 End!

Team Karkat Vantas
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Wingull
Roadkilla (Male)
Attacks Used: Metronome (Earth Power)

Team Steele
xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

Larvitar
Slayer (Male)
Health: 0%
Attacks Used: Nothing.

Metronome (Earth Power) - 13% damage (accuracy roll 77, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- What do you know.

Arena Notes

Prizes
Karkat Vantas gets $16, I get $5, Sage Noctowl can have the other $5 if he ever returns, and Steele gets $6. Cashcow apparently gets 2 EXP, as does Roadkilla. Ascalon and Slayer get 1. Aaand that's it. These are so fun to ref.

That's the risk you take when you enter into a Metronome battle. Sorry. Still, at least you got to Rend Space before you went out, right? That has to count for something.

Back
Top Bottom