• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate Em Hate Em- Video Game Reviews (Take 2)

SonicNintendo

Happy 15th, Pokemon!
I had previously put this up and had it locked because it had no content. Here is a comparison from then to now.

Then ---> Now
1 Review ---> 4 Reviews
50 Viewers ---> Over 250
Hoped to have a member service ---> Has a new member service
1 Admin (me) and 0 Mods ---> 1 admin (me) and 2 mods
4 pages of content with no content ---> 8 or 9 (10?) pages with content
And ---> More!

Anyway, the link to my site is here! I hope you enjoy the new and improved (let's hope the second time is a charm)!

Please note: the site is still maturing. I still have works in the process. Give constructive criticism.

Lesee, I guess I'll go page by page.

First of all, the logo doesn't match the colors of the website and just generally seems kind of out of place. And what is the point of the member system, exactly? It really seems rather pointless.

As for your reviews, I think you need to focus a little less on how the games work and more on an actual REVIEW - you only need to explain the parts that are important to your review. And might I suggest more of a mapping out of your rate? Kind of like how, for example, IGN gives separate rates for sound, gameplay, lasting appeal, graphics etc. And um... you don't even have a number rating for Skate 2. Also, you might want to explain WHY certain things are good/bad. Go in-depth.

I like the calendar much better the way it is now, though why doesn't it start on the current month instead of the arbitrarily random month of May? Overall the extras are fine, but you need more.

On the recent updates page, you have the newest ones on the bottom, change that so the newest are at the top like on the home page.

An improvement, but it still needs work.

Ok. Let me pick apart your post.
First of all, the logo doesn't match the colors of the website and just generally seems kind of out of place.
How could I make it more "in place"? It's also a first with this, even though it falls under the category of "spriting". Ironic since I have a sprite shop. Hmph.

As for your reviews, I think you need to focus a little less on how the games work and more on an actual REVIEW - you only need to explain the parts that are important to your review. And might I suggest more of a mapping out of your rate? Kind of like how, for example, IGN gives separate rates for sound, gameplay, lasting appeal, graphics etc. And um... you don't even have a number rating for Skate 2. Also, you might want to explain WHY certain things are good/bad. Go in-depth.
Hmmm...Ok. Mapping out...I could do that. And like I said, the site is still maturing. I'm still learning how to do this; that's one of the reasons why I put this up. To see what I could do better, and to see what I should fix. Skate 2 wasn't my review... but I'll fix that ASAP. You are right, I do need to go in-depth. And I saw a number rating on the second line next to "score". I dunno...

I like the calendar much better the way it is now, though why doesn't it start on the current month instead of the arbitrarily random month of May? Overall the extras are fine, but you need more.
I really don't know why that occurs...what's Ironic is that that's when I started putting up events.... I think I'll eventually take down & replace it...Glad you like it though...

On the recent updates page, you have the newest ones on the bottom, change that so the newest are at the top like on the home page.
You know, I've been torn between that. I'm going to get that done.

Well, thank you for taking the time to do that.

I think your site has the potential to become very successful, however you really need to add more content. You could try using different media for reviews, for example text, videos and images if you can figure out how to use them. It might make the site more interesting to read.

I'm thinking about making a similar website so I'd be happy to set up a partnership with your website. :grin::grin::grin:

I'll sign up, username diywid

I do like picking apart "reviews" of my site!
You could try using different media for reviews, for example text, videos and images if you can figure out how to use them. It might make the site more interesting to read.
That's a good idea, but everything will have to wait until I have to get back, since I have a lot to get done before I leave for vacation

I'm thinking about making a similar website so I'd be happy to set up a partnership with your website.
I'll be glad to partner with you; PM me when the site's up or whatever.

Not to try to bump, but I'd like to announce that I have put in a very important visitor reviev form. It really helps to know what is going on and what people think of my site.

Also, from a certain diywid (I have already mentioned this on my site) I have been told I need more reviews. Well, Its only me doing reviews. Im not gona get them done fast. Thank you.

I am extremely sorry, but I am shutting down my website due to Webs giving me storage problems and such. A notice will be sent to all members. If you would like the notice, drop me a PM. Again, I apologize. I had a great time. Thanks to the academy. =)

Back
Top Bottom