• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Choose Your Own Adventure] Tales

Eclipse

High-functioning sociopath
Loosely influenced by Homestuck and the Tales of games. I have no idea what this is gonna turn out to be, so... allons-y!
Rules:
-Topics to answer will be underlined.
-If there are multiple prompts, I will select by random.org

---
2jfh99l.png

Your adventure has start. Well, will start anyway. Not like you know of this.

Input name.

Last edited:
2qvwaiu.gif

You have been deemed Avecual! Well, your name has been Avecual since forever. Of course you weren't named just in the past few hours. Your parents had very peculiar tastes in names.

Avecual discovers she is in a cave. She sees the exit not far away.

What to do now?

nzlisp.png

Avecual exits the cave and is almost blinded by the light outside. She quickly adjusts her eyes to the new environment.

2qkntxz.png

Almost immediately after seeing the scenery, Avecual realizes where she was. She was staring at the Burning Forest, so named as the trees seemed like they were burning because of their auburn color. This could only mean one thing. She was in the middle of the Autumn Country. When she realized her geographical location, Avecual knew who she was.

She was a daughter of a farmer in the Summer Country, and was on her way to deliver carrots to the capital city. But something happened and she was unconscious in a cave.

Avecual, after pondering her context, looked at the cobblestone road in front of her. Only roads of cobblestone lead to the capital. Going home was out of the question. She was in the opposite side of the continent.

What course of action should Avecual take?

Why? Your arms are right here. You're covering your face with one. And what's a Strife Specibi?
Carrots, however, you can handle.

[[Randomized choices. I got 2, so that means I am going with Legendaryseeker99's choice. And I see what you did there Mai. XD]]
15fmbll.png

Not far away from the cave, Avecual sees her cart of carrots. Oddly enough, most of the carrots are in excellent condition. Whoever the people who knocked out Avecual and put her in a cave were, they were not coming for her carrots, that's for sure. Avecual is perplexed, but is happy her carrots are safe.

Avecual puts the best CARROT she can find in her POCKETS.

An odd suggest of a STRIFE SPECEBI comes to mind, but Avecual has no idea what it means. It probably means something like a weapon, so Avecual checks her pockets.

3492idf.png

There's nothing there but the previous CARROT and a peculiar COIN. On the COIN is the emblem of the Spring Country. As far as Avecual's memories go, Avecual definitely does not remember stopping by the Spring Country.

But Avecual keeps the coin anyway. Maybe it will come in handy.

It is getting darker. Avecual must move on.

Use the coin to buy ingredients for carrot cake. Make said carrot cake, and sell it for two coins.

[[Considering I forgot to update yesterday, I thought it'd be nice to answer ALL prompts. I think I'll be doing that once in a while. XD]]
>>Use the coin to buy ingredients for carrot cake. Make said carrot cake, and sell it for two coins.
ta6cdv.gif

Silly suggestion, of course Avecual already has a CARROT CAKE well stored on the CARROT CART. Besides, BAKING is an archaic art and ALCHEMY is much preferred over BAKING.

>>Bite the coin! Need to make sure it's not a counterfeit before trying to use it as money.
2zohhcn.gif

GAH! It's real, definitely real.

>>Attempt to climb a tree to get a better vantage point to see what's further down the path.
33jgw87.png

Avecual climbs up the highest tree around her and sees the path is relatively safe. However, as the day grows darker, there might be bad things lurking in the shadows...

>>Pull the cart along towards the Capital.
j08xuo.png

Onwards!

:O That second to last panel is gorgeous!

Anyway, take a shortcut. You really should get there before nightfall.

((Thank you, Mai. I wanted to put some non-chibi art sometimes like Homestuck. :3c))
23vc3tz.png

Although it would be wise to take a shortcut, the only shortcut would be through the Winter Country, and their cold days are renowned to freeze over the unwitting traveler. But then again, traveling through the Burning Forest at night doesn't seem safe either...

What should Avecual do?

Since you don't seem to have any suitable weapons, taking a shortcut through Winter Country is probably the best option.

To help deal with the cold there, though, you should pack some leaves in your clothes to act as insulation.

Adding on to the above...

Eat a bunch of pies while you're there, too. Fat will help you survive.

Last edited:
Silly Avectual.

You have a Teleportation Rune!
Although you will have to get a bit closer to get within range........

Back
Top Bottom