• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Soul Guard- "Genocide"

"Thanks," He said grabbing it, throwing it up, catching the hilt, and slicing the other guard in the shin, "Now who wants a piece of me?"

Smith continued to chase Cedrick.

Cedrick glanced over at Maggie when she followed him in. "Nice Sword. Looks like you gave one to Smith, to. I suppose he needs it." Cedrick decided to jump on the bandwagon, fully unsheathing his blade. He grinned just a little madly when eleven men rounded the corner of the stairs, all equiped with semi-automatic rifles (Which were slung on all their shoulders), pistols, taisers, and combat knives.

The men wore standard Terramian Military uniform; Black and gray camo clothes, black boots, gloves, and bulletproof vests. One or two wore sunglasses, and a one in the back had a hat for his favorite baseball team.

"Oh, this is going to be fun." Cedrick raised his sword, grasping it with both hands, and bent his knees. You really won't lend me just a bit more?

"Maybe in short bursts. We'll see."
The Guardian laughed at the same time as Cedrick. All of the men quickly spread out, pulling their weapon of choice, and demaned they all get on the ground with their hands on their heads.

"It's too bad for you men... You should have just jumped on my sword while you had the opportunity." Cedrick jumped forward, boosting himself with his Guardian, tackling a man with a rifle poised at him. As he tackled the poor, ignorant man, he drove his sword through the torso. As he jumped back to his feet, he swung at another man's legs, and he fell to his back, unable to stand with cuts so deep.

"Door it is then, but I think I want to take another route" Shotoshu muttered, standing at his full height and turning to the wall behind him. He places his hand on the building, testing its strength before curling his fingers into a fist and drawing back his arm. He could hear Krow's soft laughter in the back of his head as struck the wall, causing a fair sized dent. He rolls his eyes and withdraws his hand from the wall.

Holding out on me, I see. What do you need from me this time.

"Not a matter of what I need from you but what you need from me. Do a trick and I'll give you a little more. Up to the challenge Pup?"

Shotoshu had to smirk at that, folding his arms behind his back as he listened to the fighting below, nails biting into his arm. Again he heard her laughter, knowing that he wanted blood for what has happened. With a sigh, he looks back at the ground below.

What do I have to do.

"Good boy. You need to learn something, something that your father practised in his youth."

I'm starting to not like where this is going already.

"You can punch and kick all the you at these fools, but you can't draw a life from them. I will give you the power to break the walls and doors. Good luck not killing, because the moment you do, I shut it off and you are on your own."

Letting out a growl, he punches at the wall again, feeling it give way under his strength like chalk. He mentally curses his guardian, realizing he had accepted by punching the wall. Slipping through the wall, he listens to the fighting below, then turns down the hall to watch for anyone else that may try to reach them below. Cracking his knuckles, he starts to figure out what he could do to keep this power as long as possible.

He could hear her cackle in the back of his mind. The bitch.

Had the camouflage girl offered him a sword? No? There was another Smith? How confusing. It wasn't even a common name... Kay grinned. It wasn't far now...

Aaaand then there was blood everywhere. Kay wasn't squeamish, and held no sympathy for these people, but he definitely didn't want a sword anymore. Killing now was just so... unneeded! He, and by the looks of them, everyone else, could easily knock these guards out without injuring them too badly... Well, he'd just have to do that, then. Neutralize as many guards as he could before the others killed them.

Hahaha!~

A giggle leaped through his head as he sped forward. Time didn't slow down, per se, but everything suddenly felt less urgent. Kay noticed the tiniest details now, his eyes darting about as their irises suddenly shifted to a flatter, more medium shade of blue. He slipped down to all fours and sprang up in a flash, flying through the air and landing on the chest of a thinner guard. He bowled the young man over, slammed a fist into the side of his head, and wiped the trace of blood from his hand in a matter of mere seconds.

This was going well.

Cedrick was in the process of standing when the blonde kid, Kay, shot in from seemingly nowhere. Damn, he can move! There was a sudden jolt to his neck, the Guardian craning it for him.

"Dammit, boy, watch out for yourself. I won't save you next time." Cedrick turned, and found that a soldier had pulled his knife. A smart move in these close quarters. That knife would've sliced his neck if the Guardian hadn't helped him. He felt his cheek grow warm, and touched the small area that felt as though it was beginning to burn. Blood.

"... You cut me? You dirty little- I'm gonna' kick your ass!" Cedrick charged at him, thrusting his pommel into the man's chin before he could react, then spinning around him to try and kick him down from behind. Before he could finish up though, another clubbed him in the side of his head with his rifle butt. There was a crash, and Cedrick knew Shotoshu was busy above them. Can't let him beat me to the good Governor, now can I?

"Your personal vendetta is cute. I suggest you simply run, leave these pests for your newfound friends." The Guardian was losing his patience.

"Sounds good. Hehe." Cedrick pushed himself up with his hands, whipping his legs around to trip the two soldiers. "You guys can have those ones!" Sword in hand, Cedrick charged up the first flight of stairs. One of the men he knocked down was calling for backup, and he was sure to encounter plenty of Guards to slow him down.

"Well, boy. If those Guards start to come in droves, I have a little plan so you can finish your test early. I believe you had four battles yet to truly defeat me? Hahahaha! You're going to enjoy this little presentation... That is, of course, assuming none of your little friends are present to interfere."

"Lend me your striking speed," Smith said standing still.

Yesss, jussst make thossse foolsss die, the serpent replied

"No problem," Smith said and with lightning speed and punched through the guard. Then started walking to the next, seemlessly dodging the bullets.

((Idea of what Smith did Wesker punch!

"You guys can have those ones!"

That was her cue. She knew that the guards would call for back up, and they might even overwhelm the hyper-competent group. It was at this time, Monica could actually do something. She whipped out her butter knife and although it might not be her ideal weapon, it was a start.

Using her lent powers from her Guardian, she activated her accuracy. Her eyes turned blue and geometrical lines appeared under her eyes. It was time she got to business. With quick movements she sneaked up to the guards and slashed on their thighs and shoulders. She was aiming specifically onto important nerves and veins to render their arms and legs useless. It would make them an easy target.

Runner, remember you must kill a man to pass the test.

I KNOW! Monica mentally shouted as she continued to cripple some guards. She could attack and distract, yes. But kill? She had a sick feeling inside her and wondered if it she should feel that way.

Cedrick saw Shotoshu ahead of him, waiting for more guards to arrive, probably. "Hey, Tosh! Race you to the top!" He gave Tosh a friendly slap on the back of the head as he ran past, already hearing more footsteps ahead of him.

"Well well well... It seems your company has arrived..." The Guardian chuckled. "Sounds like considerably more this time."

Cedrick stopped by an elevator. He looked carefully at the button for up. No light... He looked at the number for which floor is was on currently. It read ERR. Damn... Guess it makes sense that they'd cut off power to that thing now... He gripped his sword tightly as he stared at the stairs just down the hall. ... Guess I need the excercise, but.. Damn, that's long way up. No way I can fight the whole way with my Guardian so... Uncooperative. He heard footsteps just above him. They only had a few more flights of stairs before they got to Cedrick.

"Know your limits, boy. Even with my help, that's quite a few. If they reach you and none of your friends are here, then I'm afraid I'll have to follow through on my clever little plan to finish your damn test. You wouldn't want that, now would you?"

Cedrick growled to himself, before turning and shouting, hopefully loud enough for everyone to hear, "SOMEONE'S CALLED THE POLICE BY NOW, AND WE DON'T MOVE FAST, OUR PROBLEMS ARE GONNA' GET A LOT WORSE!" His throat felt a bit itchy from yelling that loud, and if they didn't hear him, he was going to be pissed when this was all over.

Rubbing the back of his head, he bolts after the sword toting man and skids to a spot next to him. He brushes off the dust from the wall on his pants and glances to the roof, thinking. From what he could tell, they were above and waiting to come down to attack, while Sword-Dude here yells for the others to move their asses upstairs. Rolling his shoulders, he crouches down and studies the ceiling.

"...Hm. Think its low enough to jump at and break. Best-case it is and it'll either cripple some above or give us a chance to avoid. Worst case I won't reach it or end up giving them a quicker way down. Choices choices...Thoughts on that, Sword-dude."

He glances over to him, a slight smile on his face. From what he could tell, this guy also had a voice in his soul telling him what to do and not to do, testing him and generally making life harder in the worse possible times. He was actually relieved that others had the same problem.

((sorry, been out the weekend.))

Maggie was mindlessly slashing, killing, until she heard Cedrick yell something about the fuzz.

"Well, this is gonna be a hellova time getting this done." she muttered.

She then sees a girl being low and sneaky, crippling soldiers with one strike each. Maggie takes this opportunity to get to the next level, where she meets up with Cedrick and Tosh. Hearing them challenging to a race, Maggie then replies:

"Hey, don't leave me out of this." as she sprints forward, slashing at any guard's gut that is in her way.

well, damn. Didn't know you were THIS feisty.

"Well, I AM yet to lose a race."
Maggie responds to Speedy's comment.

"Sword-Dude? Oh, right. I guess I never told you my name. I'm Cedrick McBride. Ced works fine. It's only fair to warn you, I have every intention of burning that hat of yours." He looked up at the roof. "Yeah, I suppose there's always hope for them to break a few bones. They're moving fast, though. You may just miss outright, or misjudge how much power it takes."

"Hey, don't leave me out of this."

Who the- Oh, God. Nonono, no racing for her. Cedrick eyed her sword, tyring to judge just how it may stand against his. Thought she had- Oh, wait, I thought Smith had a sword... Yup, that's it. I think it was Smith. "Alright, you can jump in the race. Just leave the good Governor alive if you happen to take first."

"Oh? You're afraid you'll lose?" The Guardian mused as the footsteps began to disperse above them. The Soldiers were spreading out, apparently, choosing to wait for them.

Don't count on it.

"I think you are. The hat-man has a strategy, blasting through ceilings and all. And we can both tell by the way that female creature moves, she's clearly skilled. You have nothing they can't bring to this race. Less, even."

Cedrick closed his eyes. He drew a deep breath, holding his sword tighter. "You go ahead and blast through, if that's what you want to do. I'll stick to doors and... Dammit, I forgot there are stairs. Whatever, I'll get more excercise out of it. Jokes on you, Tosh. Okay, let the race to the top floor begin right readysetgoNOW!" Cedrick took off as fast as he could move with the Guardian's help. He was jumping up almost seven steps in a single bound.

He actually saw one guard waiting on the stairs. He was only half awake, and holding a bottle of vodka. Probably a friend of the guards at the door.

Smith smiled, "You guys best hurry," Smith said pulling out a briefcase, "In here is enough C4 to level this building, I'm gonna take out the lobby."

Smith smashed in to door and shot the nearest guard, all civilans ran out.

"...Okaaay, you want to burn my hat. Ced, not cool in the least but I'll be sure the Governor is breathing when you catch up." He calls after him as the man darts away, a grin on his face as he looks back at the ceiling above. Lowering himself more to the ground, he springs up and drives his fist through the ceiling, sending debris flying on both sides. Jumping up a second time, he grabs the edge of the hole and pulls himself up and gets back to his feet.

Only to turn to the side and find the group of guards standing there awe-struck and holding guns.

....Fuck.

"kekekekeke, and you can't kill them or you lose my challenge. Oh how cosmos must love to watch you squirm. Well then, Pup. What will you do?"

"Old bat, gunna do what I have to do...meaning~" he whispered to himself, a sly smirk on his face as he watches one of the guards snap out of their shock and lift their gun before yelling at the 'Young man' to leave this restricted zone at once. Shotosu just laughs as he picks up a chunk of debris, feeling the plaster chalk-like substance in it. Glancing back to them, he picks up more chucks with a little help from his speed-induced boon, and piles it behind the Guards before letting out a whistle to them. When they turned, they have time to see him crush the pile of debris and create a white cloud of dust to cover his escape. Taking the chance, he leaps at the ceiling and creates another hole in which he pulled himself through.

This floor seemed nicely deserted. He could hear the footsteps above however, and from what he can tell these guards were waiting for a signal that they should act as more back-up.

"Oh this will be fun. Think those two can handle the ones below choking on dust clouds?"

"Its possible."

Maggie reached the next level past Cedrick and saw a large cloud of dust, when it started to fade, she saw moreand more caughing guards. As soon as about half were revealed, she started slicing at them.

"The hell happened here??" Maggie thought aloud as she was killing guards.

Looks like the Tosh guy is winning

"Shut up. He's not running up each floor, and speaking of which..."
Maggie was thinking, she started running away from the remaining quarter of guards, then leapt up in the hole Tosh left.

Back
Top Bottom