• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Live Action Pokemon movie?

I have seen that trailer on another pokemon Forum, it is indeed fake.
I would not support this if it were real; Pokemon is the kind of cartoon with images that can not be translated into CGI/Live action. I just can not see such a film being good quality, although I would love to see a more adult themed pokemon film where we can see for once a pokemon death and it would be very interesting and exciting to see Team Rocket finally get a win for once.

It looks awesome, except for the actual pokemon. Kind of defeats the purpose of a pokemon movie, doesn't it? :/

(I hope the bald guy wasn't supposed to be Giovanni. Last I checked, Giovanni had hair.)

Now that the video is online in... not purposely terrible, camera-filmed-projection-on-a-wall quality, my opinion on the CG's changed a little bit... the rendering and textures are pretty good (well, the rock types could be better), it's the models themselves that are the problem. It was probably easier for them to try making and rigging their own models than trying to adapt the Stadium models to their use (I have the N64 models in metasequoia files, but they're not rigged for animation and they don't have textures for some reason)... and even then it's more difficult than people give it credit for. People should still stop being so harsh on the CG.

Well, given that it's a fan project, made for absolutely no money in a matter of four months and was done just as a joke on how 'dark, gritty' remakes are so popular, I think the CG is pretty damn good. Plus, they're not planning on making an actual movie from this either.

My opinion on the special effects is pretty much the same as those on There Will Be Brawl - you don't watch it for the effects, you watch it because it's refreshing, dark and made by people who truly love the game, not some big studio who see the franchise and decide to pick it up because there's potential money to be made.

Hahaha, that was pretty cool, though the acting was lame at parts (most notably the part with the dude I assume is supposed to be Giovanni being all "YOU'RE DEAD!!! EVERYONE YOU KNOW IS DEAD!!!!") and the dude playing Ash looks like my drawing teacher to the point where it was kind of distracting. Awesome for a presumably low-budget fan project, but a dark and edgy Pokemon movie could probably be done a lot better.

I love that trailer. To me, the graphics are absolutely amazing for a fan project, so I gotta give them their props. It looks pretty real to me minus the Pokemon graphics. Really dramatic too and just awesome, seriously, I would watch it.

Hahaha, that was pretty cool, though the acting was lame at parts (most notably the part with the dude I assume is supposed to be Giovanni being all "YOU'RE DEAD!!! EVERYONE YOU KNOW IS DEAD!!!!") and the dude playing Ash looks like my drawing teacher to the point where it was kind of distracting. Awesome for a presumably low-budget fan project, but a dark and edgy Pokemon movie could probably be done a lot better.

Pretty much this.

I want it be ready now. D: I tend to like fan-made movies better than real ones, so...

The. Trailer. Was. AWESOME.

It looked like it could be real. (If Nintendo would ever vouch for that, and if they would stoop so low as to use CGI like that. I mean, it's good for a Fan project, but the CGI would be higher quality if an international company made it.)

Refresh my memory, has Nintendo /ever/ gone into movie buisness?

Voltorb Carbomb = Win
Lame CGI = Fail

That is all.

Yesh

I would not support this if it were real; Pokemon is the kind of cartoon with images that can not be translated into CGI/Live action. I just can not see such a film being good quality...

Mkay

...although I would love to see a more adult themed pokemon film where we can see for once a pokemon death and it would be very interesting and exciting to see Team Rocket finally get a win for once.

No

It looks awesome, except for the actual pokemon. Kind of defeats the purpose of a pokemon movie, doesn't it? :/

Yesh

I liked them :<

No/Yesh

...Am I the only one who thinks even the full trailer looks like the most ridiculous, cheesy, stupid movie ever and that that was probably the idea?

I mean, it uses lines like "WHEN I'VE CAUGHT THEM ALL." Dramatically.

Did you see on the Celadon news? "Gary's only comment was, 'You can't ignore my girth!'"

I liked how they made lulzy references to the games!

...Am I the only one who thinks even the full trailer looks like the most ridiculous, cheesy, stupid movie ever and that that was probably the idea?

I mean, it uses lines like "WHEN I'VE CAUGHT THEM ALL." Dramatically.

No, I got that. Like I said, it was meant to be taking the mickey out of all the dark gritty reboots that have been coming out lately.

Back
Top Bottom