• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does a God of ANY KIND exist?

If he exists, he must PITY me enough to automatically bring me to Heaven when I die! I'd nag so much in Hell, that Satan would shoot himself in the head.

God is dead. - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead. - God
Oh haha real mature god :| - Nietzsche

Thank you for that little slice of awesome that you added to my life today.

I guess it's feasible that there could be a god, but since all the evidence is against it, I'm going with no.

It would be kind of cool though.

Perhaps it is, but I'm really bitter about people who spend forever thinking about this crap when there are better things to think about - like the world around you.

I don't dislike science because you are proving (or at least trying to prove) something; the idea of a higher being cannot be proven or disproven so it just doesn't matter. Do you see where I'm coming from? I'm awful at getting my point across.

The world around you is thoroughly affected by people who believe in God.

I believe in a god and goddess, but that doesn't make me sit around and pray I'll end up somewhere good when I die. I live for life. Currently, I am living (mostly) happily with my family. I have a beautiful girlfriend, a thriving garden, and I get to watch all the great TV shows on the Discovery Channel now that school's out. :D

For this guy, I don't need scientific proof of the gods. I know they are there, that they are what gives this planet (and others) life, and I revere them in everday life. By watering my vegitable plants and nurturing them with love, by taking the time to appreciate all we have in nature (what hasn't been wasted by humans), I feel close to diety and happy.

And no, I am not a hippy. I know what you're thinking. *squinty eyes*

God is dead
and no one cares
if there is a hell
I'll see you there

Yay. *goes to add heresay to her playlist on lastfm*

I think there is something out there that created us, but doesn't care enough about us...they're too busy doing something else.

Last edited:
In the words of Eddie Izzard:
"Blasphemy,
Blas for you
Blas for everybody in the room~"

I'm not asking you to believe in them, I'm just saying I know they are. *nodnod*

Do you believe that giant squids exist?
as a general rule I try not to "believe" things in the same sense that people believe in religion

but given that we have taken photos and videos of giant squids and there is nothing terribly unbelievable about them I have no particular reason to doubt their existence

as a general rule I try not to "believe" things in the same sense that people believe in religion

but given that we have taken photos and videos of giant squids and there is nothing terribly unbelievable about them I have no particular reason to doubt their existence

But you've never seen one. For all you know, it could all be fake.

But you've never seen one. For all you know, it could all be fake.
I see the point you're trying to make, but you can't compare giant squids to religion. X_X There is a boatload of evidence in favor of a giant squids' existence, and there's no reason why anybody would want to make such a thing up.

On the other hand, there is absolutely NO evidence in favor of a god's existence, and there are plenty of reasons why somebody would want to make such a thing up.

So yeah, you can't compare the two.

I see the point you're trying to make, but you can't compare giant squids to religion. X_X There is a boatload of evidence in favor of a giant squids' existence, and there's no reason why anybody would want to make such a thing up.

On the other hand, there is absolutely NO evidence in favor of a god's existence, and there are plenty of reasons why somebody would want to make such a thing up.

So yeah, you can't compare the two.

There's no reason someone would want to make up an invisible red dragon that orbits Venus either.
(off topic)
Giant squids are awesome, man! :D

Sounds good to me.

They need to make a giant squid pokemon. You could get a whole team of them to lv.100 and clobber the pokemon league!

They need to make a giant squid pokemon. You could get a whole team of them to lv.100 and clobber the pokemon league!

I concur with this statement. *nodnod*

Even if you were to lose in battle, you could just tell it to glomp your opponent. >:)

Back
Top Bottom