• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but a story people have to read is Fallout Equestria. It is an amazing story with pretty in depth characters that will not make you want to stop reading.

Sable keeps trying to get me to read it. I just can't focus on a fic that long, I'm sorry.
Also, I dislike grimdarky stuff like that.

Already read that one.

re: alternate terms for brony (from the grr thread): I actually really hate the term 'ponyhead'! It just kinda makes me think of either some weird cult or that scene from I can't remember what movie (Preeeeetty sure it's The Godfather) where the dude wakes up with a horse's head in his bed. Not exactly the prettiest images.

re: alternate terms for brony (from the grr thread): I actually really hate the term 'ponyhead'! It just kinda makes me think of either some weird cult or that scene from I can't remember what movie (Preeeeetty sure it's The Godfather) where the dude wakes up with a horse's head in his bed. Not exactly the prettiest images.

Anyway, here's another reason why the fandom needs to nix "brony".

Remember, the original term was "/b/rony" (and there was also "/co/lt") when the MLP fandom was still only in 4chan. When the fandom expanded beyond 4chan, it should have canned "brony". It was only used because "colt" obviously wouldn't work, hence "brony" being the de facto choice. Still, as long as the term "brony" is used, the fandom will still be associated with 4chan, and I don't think we want that.

In any case, I've just had a terrific idea for a better term. I guess you can only apply it to the online community rather than those who only watch it on TV, but how about "e-quine"?

Anyway, here's another reason why the fandom needs to nix "brony".

Remember, the original term was "/b/rony" (and there was also "/co/lt") when the MLP fandom was still only in 4chan. When the fandom expanded beyond 4chan, it should have canned "brony". It was only used because "colt" obviously wouldn't work, hence "brony" being the de facto choice. Still, as long as the term "brony" is used, the fandom will still be associated with 4chan, and I don't think we want that.

In any case, I've just had a terrific idea for a better term. I guess you can only apply it to the online community rather than those who only watch it on TV, but how about "e-quine"?

That's... not true. Brony came from /co/ and just happens to start with B, nobody ever used "/co/lt". I dunno where you heard that.

Anyone here listen to brony podcasts? Just discovered Bronyville, it's pretty awesome.

Nah, not really a podcast fan in general.

That's... not true. Brony came from /co/ and just happens to start with B, nobody ever used "/co/lt". I dunno where you heard that.

Wow, I feel like a moron now...

(I could've sworn that my explanation was the real thing, but apparently, it isn't...)

I dislike the term 'brony', if purely because it just makes me think of some guy who lives off of monster energy drink, ruling his bedroom from a throne made of cheese puffs. :')

Heavily stereotyped, I realise, but I don't really want to have that tag floating around my head, either.

I dislike the term 'brony', if purely because it just makes me think of some guy who lives off of monster energy drink, ruling his bedroom from a throne made of cheese puffs. :')

Heavily stereotyped, I realise, but I don't really want to have that tag floating around my head, either.

I feel the exact same way.

Also, I plan on finishing my pony fanfiction soon.

I feel the exact same way.

Also, I plan on finishing my pony fanfiction soon.

Well, if such is the case...

Lyra Heartstrings said:

Personally, I don't see the need for having a tag or label just to name the community. I'd rather just exist as a fan of the show and leave it at that.

I am a pony fan too. Brony, in my opinion, reminds me of a boy fan of the show, but often times, I get called a Brony and I am a girl.

It is really annoying. I just want to be called a Pony Fan.

I like the term 'pegasister' for female fans, I insist people call me as that instead of a brony because even if 'brony' is considered gender-neutral, I like being called by gender specific terms due to being trans.

Before realising that I was trans though, I didn't have any problems with 'brony', and I seriously doubt that term would ever get changed at this point when it has been so ingrained into everyone's mind and when most people don't seem to have a problem with it at all.

I like the term 'pegasister' for female fans, I insist people call me as that instead of a brony because even if 'brony' is considered gender-neutral, I like being called by gender specific terms due to being trans.

Before realising that I was trans though, I didn't have any problems with 'brony', and I seriously doubt that term would ever get changed at this point when it has been so ingrained into everyone's mind and when most people don't seem to have a problem with it at all.
I don't like being called 'brony' not because of its implied gender (which isn't necessarily true, see also many fraternities) but more because the brony community is really and utterly awful (to the point where I specifically want to be disassociated from it).

Back
Top Bottom