• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misc. Database Typos/Minor Mistakes

Crazy Linoone

broke ASB
A thread for people to report small, minor mistakes or places that could be reworded to be a bit more clear. This way, we can save the Suggestions thread for bigger discussions like balance issues.

----

ASB Database said:
Razor Claw [Category Evolution] [Price $8]
Summary
Raises the holder's critical hit rate by two stages. Helps Sneasel evolve.

Description
A thin, hooked claw that is easy to slide through weak points in an opponent's defenses. Attacks made by a Pokémon holding this item start one critical hit domain one higher than usual.

I think it's supposed to be "Raises the holder's critical hit rate by one stage".

-----
EDIT:

Might want to clarify that, for hold items with outside-of-battle effects (Amulet Coin, Lucky Egg, evolution stones, etc), the effect is triggered at the moment the Pokemon holding the item is sent out. Thus, a pokemon who Covets a Lucky Egg from an enemy does not get the EXP increase; a Pokemon who drops their Amulet Coin during their first action still gets extra money at the end.

Ruling from ASB Archives.

-----
EDIT 2:

Foul Play
Summary
Does damage using the target's Attack stat.
The user provokes its opponent to attack, then skillfully dodges and trips them up. The more vicious the target's attack, the harder they fall, and as a result this attack's damage is calculated using the Attack stat of the target rather than the user.

I think it's supposed to be "Attack boost" instead of "Attack stat", since stats don't really matter in ASB.

Last edited:
The description for Venom Drench says it lowers Attack, Special Attack, and Speed "harshly", which could cause confusion, considering the move only lowers those stats by one stage.

I believe tri attack's base energy is wrong in the database. It's 80 power (base 4% energy), and since its effect chance is only 20% it shouldn't have anything added on top of that.

The summary for Grassy Terrain says Grass type moves' base damage is raised 2%, but the longer description says Grass moves' BP is multiplied by 1.33.

Not sure if typo, but I'm unclear on why magic coat's base energy is listed at 3% in the database (was expecting 4%).

Haze's description suggests that it clears stat changes for as long as it's in effect, but in Mist's description, it says that Haze only clears stat changes when it's used? That should probably be clarified in Haze's description too, right.

Haze's description suggests that it clears stat changes for as long as it's in effect, but in Mist's description, it says that Haze only clears stat changes when it's used? That should probably be clarified in Haze's description too, right.

I've already tried to edit the description for Haze to specify that it's only the accuracy reduction that lasts five actions without rewriting a lot of it. I hope that clears things up a bit, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve it, I'm all ears.

Really? Pretty sure I had stat moves fail for as long as the haze was around; thought you changed some of them. So be it, I suppose.

Really? Pretty sure I had stat moves fail for as long as the haze was around; thought you changed some of them. So be it, I suppose.

The description is kind of ambiguous, so maybe that is what you meant. The description for Mist just says that Haze removes all stat modifiers when it comes into effect, but the un-edited description for Haze could have gone either way.

Not sure if typo, but I'm unclear on why magic coat's base energy is listed at 3% in the database (was expecting 4%).

I defaulted to 3% when nothing else made sense. I guess it could be classified as having a duration of one action but that sounds weird to me.

This ruling states that Spit Up and Swallow take 2% energy to perform, but the database says they take none. Is it still valid?

Last edited:
I defaulted to 3% when nothing else made sense. I guess it could be classified as having a duration of one action but that sounds weird to me.
Eh, I guess I take "short duration" as the default category, so 4% energy is what I would give to things that don't belong anywhere else. Magic coat doesn't really fit under any other classification, does it?

This ruling states that Spit Up and Swallow take 2% energy to perform, but the database says they take none. Is it still valid?
The database doesn't say they don't cost anything outside the stockpiled amount.

It should probably also mention the trivial added cost, but.

I know there's a formula for calculating Protect's energy based on the move it was Protecting from, but that's explained nowhere in the database (not even the 2% base), so I'm editing in the description in the D&E guide, rewording it specifically for Protect. I'll also do Detect and Endure if need be.

The formula as it is is 1/3 the damage the attack would have inflicted plus the 2% base, but is there supposed to be an extra energy cost to block status attacks like Toxic, Thunder Wave, etc.? Or mental status attacks like Attract, Taunt or Encore?

I know there's a formula for calculating Protect's energy based on the move it was Protecting from, but that's explained nowhere in the database (not even the 2% base), so I'm editing in the description in the D&E guide, rewording it specifically for Protect. I'll also do Detect and Endure if need be.

The formula as it is is 1/3 the damage the attack would have inflicted plus the 2% base, but is there supposed to be an extra energy cost to block status attacks like Toxic, Thunder Wave, etc.? Or mental status attacks like Attract, Taunt or Encore?

No, the energy cost for Protect is based on damage only.

Some typos in Choice Specs's description and summary:

summary said:
Multiplies special moves' base damage by 1.5, but restricts it [the holder, to match with Choice Band?] to one different damaging move per round and prevents conditionals.

description said:
The base power of all special attacks a Pokémon holding this itme makes

Back
Top Bottom