• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meowfia

Keldeo

Resolute
Pronoun
he, they

Welcome to Meowfia, a mafia game about cats! I'm your host, Keldeo, and I'll be talking about some cool kinds of cats in this game. I hope you're all feline good and ready to play a fun game of mafia!

• This setup is balanced for lynching most of the Days, so limit of one Abstain in the game.
  • People's roles will be announced in addition to their alignment when they die.
  • I want everyone to be able to participate, so I'll extend a phase if someone hasn't been able to post or send in their action, or if votes are tied. A tied vote at the deadline will lead to no one being lynched.
  • Typical stuff: please don't talk about the game outside the thread unless you're Mafia (or asking me a question or something), and don't screenshot or quote your role PM.

It is now Night 0. No actions will happen tonight. Night 0 will end once everyone has read their role PMs.

This game uses the Bird 7P setup from MafiaScum, which consists of:
  • 2 Mafia Goons (must target a Town member every night)
  • 3 Townies
  • 1 Town Doctor
  • 1 Town Unhealable Cop

Hello, Username!

You are Flavorname, a Mafia Goon!

Every night starting Night 1, you or your partner can target another player in order to kill them. If multiple kill orders are received, the most recent one will be used. Note: You must kill someone each night, and if you don't submit anything the kill will be randomized among the living Town players. You can't kill a member of your own.

Your partner is Username, who you can talk to at any time outside the game thread.

You win when all Town are dead or nothing can prevent this.
Hello, Username!

You are Flavorname, a Townie!

You don't have any special abilities in this game. You win when all Mafia are dead.
Hello, Username!

You are Flavorname, the Town Doctor!

Every night starting Night 1, you can target another player to stop them from being killed.

You win when all Mafia are dead.
Hello, Username!

You are Flavorname, the Town Unhealable Cop!

Every night starting Night 1, you can target another player in order to learn whether they are Town or Mafia.

You can't be healed. In other words, if the Doctor ever targets you, their action will fail. Neither you nor the Doctor will be informed that this is the case.

You win when all Mafia are dead.
None yet.

Another day dawns, and Meowfialand's finest amateur sleuths gathers again to seek out the most arcane puzzles, plumb the deepest depths of mystery, in hopes of emerging, triumphant, with a solution. Unfortunately for them, there's no crime to be found this morning: as expected by all of Meowfialand's non-amateur sleuths, no one died. Nothing's been stolen, no one's been ransomed. Even the cats stuck up trees have miraculously found their way to the ground, no assistance needed.

One cat species that doesn't need help to climb trees is the margay! Smaller than the similar looking ocelot, margays live in the deciduous and evergreen forests of Central and South America. Their long tails help them balance as they climb and leap around trees, and a margay can even hang from a branch with just one foot.
The seven townspeople sit down to talk anyway. Maybe, someone remarks, there's a conspiracy afoot - like a pair of people who've hidden among them and are plotting to kill everyone else, one by one, starting tonight! Someone else points out that that's an awfully specific theory to have, another person jumps in with a counterargument, and the discussion begins in earnest.

Everyone has read their role PM, and it is now Day 1. 72 hours for discussion.

(I completely forgot that you can't edit posts in this forum, so the Deaths hide tag in the previous post will remain empty)

Thank you for subscribing to Cat Facts! You will now receive fun daily facts about CATS! >o<

God, I love the flavor of this Mafia SO MUCH and I want daily cat facts forever

ah yes, the cat mafia. the mafia meant for cats. cat's mafia. mafia with cats. cats onl-

f9p6PS7.jpg

oh shit!! oh fuck!! oh no!!

tumblr_lxwz44Pt7x1qgu722o8_250.gif

so MF, you clearly have good taste in floofs. let us begin a town alliance of trust

who are the woofs

who are the woofs

(it occurs to me that in context it is not clear that I mean "who are the mafia")

anyway

RNP trying and failing hard to audition for the town alliance of trust

he can be a woof

Vote: RedneckPhoenix

a good dog gif may change my mind

I believe that the dog takeover is at hand and we must make it complete by lynching Keldeo and hijacking the trivia station to broadcast dog propaganda trivia

Y'all kids voting the GM are not contributing useful game-related information, you need to be Serious and make Serious Votes like mine

That said I am ok with RNP's response to a vote on him for the moment, I guess. Unvote

The town alliance of trust is looking for members but it sure is difficult to recruit when nobody wants to generate content in thread. You know we only get one mislynch before probable LyLo right

There’s not much to contribute! It’s hard being a cat, a kitty cat, and I can’t dance dance dance because this is a TEXT BASED FORMAT (I’m very tired)

There’s not much to contribute!

There isn't, and there isn't going to be, unless we make content! This is a pretty vanilla set-up and we're not going to find out anything unless we talk about things and see how people react to things. If we just sit around and wait nothing's ever going to happen and that just gives the wolves a boring and easy win!

You can talk about people's entrances! Did anyone strike you as particularly comfortable or uncomfortable? Wolves can sometimes be more uncomfortable and awkward when they're feeling out the thread at the start!

You can put pressure on people and see how they respond to it, whether it's justified or not! Sometimes wolves can get overly jumpy about votes on them even if they're stupid votes because they're trying to figure out how to give an appropriately jokey response and end up sounding unnatural instead!

Hell, you can talk about my posts. What impression do they give you about my alignment? Do you think I genuinely want to solve the game or that I'm just posting to give off the impression that I want to sort people? Talk about what you think and why you think that!

Having a productive D1 is a new thing for the tcodf meta but it's something we really have to try to do here otherwise the wolves get a huge advantage.

ILS and DarkAura have not yet acknowledged receiving their daily cat fact. Booo.

Vote: DarkAura

Come play!

Back
Top Bottom