• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's your play time on X/Y?

How many hours? (if you have several games, add 'em up)

• 0-50

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 51-100

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 101-200

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 201-300

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 301+

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Equinoxe

has a BONE to pick with you
Today, I hit the magical 600 hour mark on my Y, and the idea to make this thread emerged from the depths my mind.

How many hours of your life have you spent/wasted on X/Y already?
How have you spent that time? Trading, battling, training, breeding?

I've personally spent an illegally high amount of time riding a bike back and forth on Route 7 because I'm obsessed with getting shinies with good IVs and natures. Some time has also gone to EV training, Safari shiny farming, acquiring all the different Vivillon forms, GTS dickery and trying to battle with strangers.
I'm planning on filling the National Dex at some point to help with my shiny hunting, so that's probably gonna take a few hours, too.

On my X, I've only clocked 12 and a half hours since I haven't really been in a mood to continue it right now. It's probably never going to get a massive amount of hours since Y is my 'main' game.

Now it's your turn! Played only 50 hours? Spent 100 hours playing the brain-melting Amie minigames? :D

114 hours, but I didn't get it until January.

A lot of breeding since I'm currently trying to complete the Pokédex the best I can and there are a lot of already evolved Pokémon that I've caught.

What makes shinies more common in XY, by the way? Are you just using the Masuda method or did you somehow get a shiny charm before Bank came out?

375:12 hours. I only figured out how IVs and EVs work this generation, to be honest, so I spend most of my time breeding perfect Pokémon for competitive battling. It's been a lot of fun. I'm not a master by any means, but I'm starting to get the hang of the metagame.

Somewhere around 300 hours, most of that from competitive breeding and pokedex completion. Currently at almost 600!

Last edited:
A shade under four hours, but I just got it yesterday. In fact, about an hour of that was spent bringing over my stuff from Black - I just caught Snorlax.

Seems like there's already a nice spread of different play times here :D

I remember someone in my class saying they'd never spent that much time on any game ever (I think my time then was something over 500 hours). They didn't seem to understand that pokemon is Serious Business and deserves to be played a lot. :B

What makes shinies more common in XY, by the way? Are you just using the Masuda method or did you somehow get a shiny charm before Bank came out?
I'm just using the Masuda Method. Apparently the Shiny Charm boosts the chances with MM significantly, so I should probably start working on the 'dex to get it :P

I only figured out how IVs and EVs work this generation, to be honest, so I spend most of my time breeding perfect Pokémon for competitive battling.
Same with me, I never cared much about IVs and EVs before but they made all that stuff so much easier and I couldn't help but get interested. I don't think I would've had the patience to breed flawless 5IV pokemon in any of the previous gens.

Chain catching and fishing makes Shinies more common, actually!

Last edited:
I've actually only played 47 hours on my X file - but I'm pretty lazy when it comes to things like IV breeding and things, even though XY made it so much easier... I just like playing through the main game a lot of the time! But I'm always loath to restart my first file so :( I'll probably pick up a copy of Y when I have the cash and the spare time to sink into a Pokémon game.

I feel like not playing X means I'm only continuing my sad life of having never encountered any non-red Gyarados shinies :( it could be so easy! My life could be so beautiful! Full of shiny Meowstic and things. But I don't know, those things kind of lose their appeal for me when I don't get to use the Pokémon in-game. I don't know why!

probably about 230 in total (212 on x, rest on y)

no doubt like half of that was shiny hunting :v
and then i didn't play for ages but since pokebank came out i've been playing like all day again

Wow, I just checked White 2. I have less play time on White 2 than X. Even though I've had it longer, and I'm pretty sure it's my favourite Pokémon game so far.

Back
Top Bottom