• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Tabletop: Candle In The Dark

Saith

~The Light In The Darkness~

This is a roleplaying using the Pokémon Tabletop Adventures rules.
They're totally free to download, and they add a base to the RP, a way to judge relative power and ability while still adding in random chance.
It's basically D&D but with Pokémon.

So what this is, is a roleplay set in the Kanto region. In this region, there are gyms and contests and people are generally happy. Team Rocket is still around though, less powerful than before, but their lack of organisation has just formed petty street gangs rather than the organised Mafia it once was.
There's also a Lovecraftian cult of Darkrai. Their beliefs and motives are uncertain, but they seem to be gathering gifted trainers, newly setting out on there journeys.

I'm looking for at least three, but no more than five people who'd like to make a story. Think of this less like a game and more like an interactive story. I'd prefer people who'll illustrate their actions, and make a moving character.

The forum for dice rolls and that is located here.

Please don't be discouraged by the complicated rules - I'll help you out every step of the way. And feel free to play whoever you want. As long as it's in reason (i.e. you're only just beginning your journey, you won't be a pokemon master at this point), I'll definitely allow it.

Finally, you can choose any two starter pokémon from the GM Guide's starter list. One is at level 7, one at level 5. And yes, I'll help you stat it out, don't worry.

Please apply with any template you like, but I'd like an appearance, a personality and a history.​

Last edited:
Looks interesting. I'm in.

Name:Aaron Grace.

Personalty:Laid back, though intelligent. Prefers to think of solutions, rather than solve things. He doesn't really like people that much, as they are complicated and hard to understand, but he loves Pokémon, as they are simple and have simple strengths and weaknesses.

Appearance::Aaron is underweight, and always wears his simple jeans and white T-shirt. His hair is always a mess, and he has deep bags under his eyes.

History:Aaron was always different. When other kids were riding bikes, he was reading. When other kids were fighting, he was playing chess. When other kids were having Pokémon Adventures, he was challenging himself with intense puzzles. His parents kicked him out of the house, telling him to have a Pokémon Adventure and make some friends, or never return.

Other:Aaron is underweight, although he eats an enormous amount of sugary snacks, his brain works so much it burns all the calories. As much as teenage girls would love this, it is actually extremely dangerous, and it means he must pack an enormous amount of food if he wants to go on journeys. Physically, he is good in short bursts, but looses energy quickly.

Back
Top Bottom