• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you want Pokémon Mystery Dungeon to happen to you?

Re: Do you want Pokémon Mystery Dungeon to happen to you?

Definitely. If I woke up and some Eevee (or Riolu, or [insert a long list of Pokemon here] was trying to wake me up, then I would be happy... it'd also be awesome to explore the world and stuff.

Only if my friends and family and stuff came with me.

Yes to being a Pokémon, no to the exact PMD scenario.

Yes, I have wanted something similar to happen to me before PMD had even been made. Having the exact same story and events happening would be terrible though, just turning in to a Pokemon is what I would want. I wouldn't mind having amnesia necessarily either. This is a topic I have thought about a lot though.

I would do almost anything just to be transformed in to a Jolteon (or an Eevee), I'm almost constantly thinking about having that happen. If it was spontaneous and I found myself in a mysterious situation/location, that would be even better almost. Amnesia brings it down a tad, since I wouldn't remember that I would like being a Jolteon in the first place, but it is my nature to be interested in solving mysteries, so trying to figure out my past would be something that I would actually probably enjoy even if I never got anywhere in it.

Although I don't find my life boring like a lot of people are saying, I'm so obsessed with Jolteon that I probably wouldn't miss anything in it at all. It would be a relief from the stress of the complexity that I sort of force on myself with so many intense interests.

Even if not able to choose the Pokemon, I would be extremely happy becoming any electric type (excluding a few), or Eevee and any of its evolutions. Almost any Pokemon I think would be cooler to be physically than a human, I actually hate the physical appearance of humans to be honest. There are only 10 or so Pokemon that I would actually dislike becoming.

Also, based on my own observation, I already am extremely similar to a Jolteon anyways. I have analyzed this pretty closely, and I don't want to type a large paragraph explaining this why, but the similarities are much more pronounced than any other Pokemon. Also, in most "What Pokemon Are You" quizzes I've taken that have a Jolteon option, I have gotten that, and I'm not just trying to get it in those cases either. Also, in elemental type tests I usually get my favorite type, Electric, which Jolteon falls into. The main exception is that last clause is that in PMD I'm an Eevee, because I "cheated" to answer the questions the way that works to get that. I don't know what I'd get based on that quiz taken normally, especially with randomized questions like how the game works.

The only con I can think of personally is the fact that I'm actually extremely sensitive and over responsive to most stimuli in comparison to what I should be. So if taken directly the situation in the games, basically any time I'm attacked even slightly I would be in more pain than most people, but that could likely be made up for by the fact that I'm a Pokemon with a different nervous system, except supposedly Jolteon are one of the more sensitive Pokemon species...I'm not sure if that's talking about physically or not, I'm pretty sure it's both.

I probably went on a bit much about this, and even still I likely missed something I intended to say about it.

If it was temporary only, I get homesick very quickly.
Of course, if I was in that scenario, I'd likely have another mental breakdown.
What I mean by that is, who wouldn't? At least very briefly be suprised/scared/shaken.

Aye, I'd love that to happen to me...

I gotta admit, I'd like to bring family and close friends with me, be able to remember them, but not remember anything about my human life. It would be interesting to say the least and I'd quite enjoy the rescue team style of Mystery Dungeon 1, the little huts were adorable! I'd, of course, like to be a Hoppip as my first choice.. But Jigglypuff, Eevee, Skitty, Bellossom, Oddish and Pokémon like that wouldn't be too bad either I guess..

I'd want the whole thing to happen, amnesia and all! I was a Vulpix, I wanted to be a Pikachu... good attacks.

AWWW HECK YES.

I'd be a Vulpix (of course--PMD2 decided for me) and my partner would be Piplup (again, of course--I chose him in Sky). AND WE'D SAVE THE WORLD AND THEN I'D DIE OR SOMETHING AND THEN COME BACK TO LIFE AND EVERYTHING WOULD BE AWESOME.

P.S. Mewtini: Vulpix learns Imprison which stops your oppenent from moving and attacking. Great for boss fights, I learned it. Pikachu isn't so good for at least one boss fight, I forget which. But anyway, Vulpix is an awesome hero character.

I'd probably flip my shit and go insane if I woke up not knowing who I was and where I came from. So, no. I can honestly answer no. But it would be really cool to start a relationship with my partner, who would hopefully be in my egg group :D. I'd be the ultimate PokePhile.

Vulpix learns Imprison which stops your oppenent from moving and attacking. Great for boss fights, I learned it. Pikachu isn't so good for at least one boss fight, I forget which. But anyway, Vulpix is an awesome hero character.

Pikachu is horrible in the Groudon boss fight.

But Discharge is VERY useful later on.

If I was a Riolu? Definitely.
Otherwise? Perhapsmaybe.

I'd love for it to happen! The fun, the adventures, the pokemon I'd meet! It'd be awesome! Two things I'd hate though: F***ing Chatot from Time/Darkness/Sky (He was a prick) and Monster Houses.

oh yes.

I would be a growlithe

That would be AWESOME!The only problem is that I'd forget who I was.I would be pikachu.

Last edited:

sure I could go for it. As long as I wouldn't be a bidoof, haha.

I'd love any chance to explore a roguelike dungeon, whether or not I was human.

It would be interesting, but I wouldn't like to lose my memory. I would like to be a Grass-type (Treecko, Turtwig, or Budew and their lines), but I was also imagining being in a Magnemite team with someone I know.

Hell Yes, I'd go without looking back! But wouldn't be awsome if everyone on Tcod went with each other (Butterfree, of course would be the Almightyone/Guildmaster). and we can team up with freinds and stuff. But, I guess it would suck if we ALL had amnesia. ('cept for me!). If I can bring my 3DS (I'll have an electric pokemon recharge it), Then I probably collapse.

Back
Top Bottom