• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Awards In Awkward

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
So, we all have those awkward moments, come on in and share yours!

They happen to all of us, so no shame here, right?

So, what was your most awkward moment? What are some common awkward moments that stick out to you, or that you really hate? How do you deal with awkwardness? Do you brush it off? Laugh it off? Hide in a corner for all eternity?

Sometimes I randomly remember awkward moments and if I'm alone I whisper "hate myself" to myself.

That time I did it within earshot of someone else was pretty awkward.

There are so many...

I usually have these very awkward moments when I'm talking to someone who's not one of my close friends. Sometimes, the conversation boils to 'aha' and other such things. I'm used to a certain amount of ridiculousness, video game talk, etc, so it's hard for me to properly concentrate during a conversation.

edit: Just remembered one from 3rd grade. Ronald McDonald would come to the school and do stuff in the theatre, so when the teacher mentioned that we're going to the theatre I said 'yeah, to go watch Ronald McDonald', and my classmates and the teachers (her and her assistant) laughed at me. I just considered right now, years after the fact, that they might have been laughing with me.

Does falling into the desk chairs in class every day because I underestimate how low the seat is count? Cause if so that is up there.

There's a lot of things I say that I'd consider awkward, but apparently everyone thinks I'm hilarious when I say them, so...

Usually I just. want to hide in a corner. sometimes i'll laugh it off though.

So It's the evening before a class trip to Germany. I'm all nervous. I'm also in the middle of my Eridan obsession. The bit where I didn't hate him. (Silly me only saw the deep sea terror's glowy Hope aspect fin spire.) Suddenly my brother from the other side of the room: "Why are you glubbing?" Yeah, I'd been saying "glub" over and over for no reason. I don't remember what I did anymore.

There was the time me and my friend simultaneously began singing "Wrecking Ball". Can't decide if that was awkward or awesome.

Back
Top Bottom