• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

High Pitched Voices?

Kabigon

Yes We Can!! Obama Wins!
If you've watched the anime you'll notice that right after PUSA took over the editing, the voices started getting crappier and crappier. The only voice that even sounds like a real person is Dawn and Brock and sometimes Jessie. But have you noticed that afterwards, a lot of the dub females voices started getting really high pitched? Like Piplup and May and Ash's Mom. I just wanted to ask, has anyone ever noticed it? And if you have, can you stand them talking like that?

P.S. James voice makes him sound like an ass. At the beginning of the show (the 2nd or 3rd episode) their voices sounded scary!!

Ugh. You are so right. Commander Saturn's voice, may I add, sounds like what I thought Cyrus would sound like.(I didn't see the (not to be racist) british accent coming.)

You can only imagine how crappy Cyrus' voice will be.(And the rest of the gym leaders and Elite 4 for that matter.>.>)

Everyone's voice is high-pitched and scary except for this guy's voice. His is evil and scary.

Then again, he's supposed to be evil and scary, so my opinion matters not.

In Japan they're like.... Normal-ish Japanese people speaking. I just didn't watch the Pokemon Anime for like a few months during the transition into PUSA voicing, and I was so blown back by the different voices.
Pokemon Anime isn't the same anymore....

In Japan they're like.... Normal-ish Japanese people speaking. I just didn't watch the Pokemon Anime for like a few months during the transition into PUSA voicing, and I was so blown back by the different voices.
Pokemon Anime isn't the same anymore....

Agreed. The moment PUSA took over, the Anime lost any chance it had of getting back its former glorly. I don't watch the Anime anymore because of this.

I think the PUSA voices sound deeper than 4kids' voices. Maybe its just me, but Ash's voice is definatly deeper now.

I agree! There's a bunch of squeaky, whiny, high-pitched voices... and then Ash, who sounds like a talking piece of beef.
I cringe every time it comes on.

There's a bunch of squeaky, whiny, high-pitched voices... and then Ash, who sounds like a talking piece of beef.

Quoted for LAUGHS.

Anyway, I don't think the vioces sound too bad, except... I think after Sinnoh began, PUSA forgot who they had doing May's voice, so during the currently airing Wallace cup... it's not pretty. Waaay too high pitched. But Jessie and James? I don't really see a difference between now and Hoenn.

Besides, you can't really compare to early Kanto, because Team Rocket was actually villanous back then. AFter the first twenty or so episodes... well, they'd become comic relief by then. *jumps to Dogasu's Backpack to see approxamate VA change for James* Ah, here we go. James was changed for the first time at episode 13, and Meowth... Well, he doesn't actually say, but I know it was sometime after "Beauty and the Beach"'s spot in the timeline.

Can you tell I'm bored right now?

If you all just hate the dub so mutch, just watch the original! It's uploaded onto YouTube AND you don't have to know what they are saying to get it. Plus, the voices are epic win.

Yeah but which channel can you find the original? I subscribe to corocorotelevision but they remove the videos after a few days.

And what the heck is with PUSA? Most of the voices sound alright, except James who sounds like a baboon. And Ash just wants to make me throw up. Seriously.

The old voices were garbage. The new voices are garbage. Anime dubbers suck ass at picking voice actors.

The show is so much more unbelievably entertaining subbed.

Gah...They're horrible. Ash sounds like he picked up smoking. D: Gary's voice makes me want to weep.

And Paul sounds like he's forty years old!!! D:<

Oh no, Gary's voice has changed. It changed so bad...

First it was annoying, but I warmed to it.

Now it's...ugh.

Back
Top Bottom