• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

Ha ditto. The new scary villians are the Weeping Angels... My friend says they aren't scary because... well sledgehammer.

^Ace also beat them up with a baseball bat... Ahhh Ace whatever happened to you?!

I think the same goes with the Cybermen. Things are getting a bit old with them and the Daleks. I think there should be one Dalek episode just to remember them, but they shouldn't be the big bad.

I think we have the right man for the job right now, Moffat will think of some new creepers for us.

There will be a memorial for Elizabeth Sladen before and after the Season 6 premeire.

I realized that Lis was two years older than my grandmother. It's so sad.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the episode?

Maybe the child in the spacesuit is Amy's daughter?
At first I thought that the feeling sick was a side effect of the aliens' defence mechanism, but River Song might be pregnant too, what with her "screamer" joke.

Also the aliens reminded me of Slenderman :(

I enjoyed it very much! I shall post more thoughts when I have more time.

Oh god, the tribute was lovely but so, so sad ;;

It's back! I do like the idea that the girl in the spacesuit is Amy's daughter, that's kinda what I was thinking while watching it, but I never explored the possibility of River being pregnant. Can Time Lords even reproduce with humans. Is River even human?

Alternate theory:
The girl in the spacesuit grows up to be River, who then kills the Doctor and is sent to prison.

The Doctor does say he's half human, and it was cannon with the classical series. But with the new series RTD threw things out of wack and it may not be anymore. Like the fact there can only be 12 regenerations, if that's so, there can only be 13 Doctors... of course there also, with that, is the question whether Ten's little save in "The Stolen Earth" where he uses his hand to stay himself actually counted, if so, the next Doctor after Eleven will be the last one. So a lot of cannon has been thrown out the window. Like the fact the classic Doctors, like One, said Time could not be rewritten, but it has become a common theme in the new series, especially with Eleven, that it can and the Doctor will use that for his advantage. It is also, so far, true that the Doctor gets younger with each regeneration, so one must wonder will Thirteen really be thirteen? lol.

I ranted.

I'm pretty sure Matt Smith's Doctor said that he had several hundred regenerations in one of the Sarah Jane Adventures he was in, so er. It would be a bit daft to limit the show to thirteen regenerations, even if it was canon in the past.

The episode buhfuhfuhda my brain.
What was it doing on at 6pm, for a start. Those Dementor-Slenderman-skullheads were all kinds of scary. Moffat and his brilliant but creepy monster concepts, jeez. The memory thing was the most disturbing bit ('Close the door, Rory! CLOSE THE DOOR!') but those fingers, ugh.

River continues to grow on me. I don't know why, I wasn't keen when she started - but as more of her story comes out, it becomes far easier to sympathise with her. Her conversation with Rory at the locked door was really quite sad. Speaking of the locked door, the room behind it looked suspiciously like the someone's-attempt-to-make-a-TARDIS above Craig's flat in The Lodger - but why/what/who oh this episode gives you so much to think about.

Amy's daughter...? That would explain the accent, I suppose. Although, she can't have managed to shoot her, or at least perhaps she isn't affected - maybe she's not a she, but a thing. Maybe the suit is used to puppet her? Was she the same suit that bumped off the Doctor? I don't know... either way, having the companion shoot a child point-blank is I think a little too dark for Doctor Who. At 6pm.

Also this is not really spoilerish at all, but I thought this was sweet - in Amy and Rory's house (I assume?) there were some shelves, and perched on the top one was a little Roman soldier figurine, and a women. Background details. <3

My mind's still swimming with outlandish theories so I think perhaps I should stop for now. Although, one last thing - half the stuff they put in the trailers was in the first episode, which is even more spoiler-concealing than usual. Hrrm.

The tribute to Elisabeth Sladen afterwards was, naturally, as brilliant as she was.

I'm pretty sure Matt Smith's Doctor said that he had several hundred regenerations in one of the Sarah Jane Adventures he was in, so er. It would be a bit daft to limit the show to thirteen regenerations, even if it was canon in the past.

He did say that but most of the serious Whovian community took it as a joke in reference to the cannon. The Master had to ask the Time Lords for more regenerations, and it was a common theme with the Master, especially in his... er... ugly stage.

He did say that but most of the serious Whovian community took it as a joke in reference to the cannon. The Master had to ask the Time Lords for more regenerations, and it was a common theme with the Master, especially in his... er... ugly stage.

Ugly? Goatees. Are. Cool!

Oh, right. Still seems like something to duck out of though, marketing-wise. And it would be terrible to see it go for the sake of one canon-rule.

Why did The Doctor have to die? D: I hope that there's a magic-timey-wimey explanation for this and he comes back in two hundred years.

I was impressed that Eleven managed to stay alive and unregenerated for two centuries, though! And the scene with the hat!

I feel like killing Steven Moffet, but I'm impressed that he made me want to kill him over a tv show, so, props I guess. :/

Well I mean, there's a whole new series planned. It's not like they'd actually kill off the guy on all the adverts in the first two episodes.
Unless they do a Scream, in which case goddamn! That would be pretty awesome* and make this series even better than it would be.

*I love Matt Smith, by the way. I didn't mean it'd be awesome 'cause he'd die. :3

?!?!?! What is it.

Question! D'you guys think that Amy is actually pregnant? I'm not sure. For starters, she was drinking at the beginning of the episode, then the sickness only started after she saw the first Dementor-head - and we know they can mess with your mind. The whole thing seems fishy.

Aaaaaand I can no longer see the word 'Spoilers' without it being in River Song's voice in my head.

Aaaaaand I can no longer see the word 'Spoilers' without it being in River Song's voice in my head.

Ditto. :D

She might be. I want to know why did the Doctor leave them? I mean they have a house, and seem to have been left for a long time. They never explain that.

AND WHO IS RIVER?

I got the idea that
the little girl is Amy's daughter, but is also River. I don't know why that came to me, though!

Also, earlier on I thought OHMIGOD WHAT IF RIVER IS AMY IN THE FUTURE? but that didn't last long.

Also, as for the whole Doctor-dying thing, I theorised that perhaps that will be his ultimate death, but the reason they saw him in his Matt Smith form will be explained away in some sort of "That was the form they were all the most used to" thing - Although granted that doesn't make a lot of sense.*

In the part 2 trailer, the Doctor's explanation of the Slendermen-Alien-Things reminded me somewhat of the Vashta Nerada? I'll keep that in mind anyway.

As for the underground place-thing having (almost) the exactly the same set as the TARDIS-mock-up-non-existent-flat from The Lodger, I'm sure there's a reason for that.

Also what did people thing of the strange tattoos/markings on Amy's face in the trailer? That reminded me of that guy from The Satan Pit, sort of.

*Incidentally, speaking of his semi-regeneration from The Stolen Earth - What about the whole shenanigan at the end of the Sound of Drums arc when he de-aged himself? Perhaps that whole renewal thing reset his regeneration cycle, so since then he gained another twelve regenerations, putting him on eleven now what with Tennant to Smith? Or maybe the hand regeneration DID count and so he's only got ten left now. Just a thought!

Finally, am I the only one who couldn't really take the shooting-the-little-girl scene seriously because of the whole sloooowwww mooootiooooon "NOOOOO WHAAAAAT AAARE YOU DOOOOIIINNNNNG" "SAAAAAVING YOUUUUR LIIIIIFE AAAAAAHHHHHH"

Also I am upset since I didn't get to see the Lis Sladen tribute :< I was away on the day the episode actually aired, so I had to watch on iPlayer, where they didn't include the tribute. Anybody know of anywhere I can find it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom