• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Religion

What is your religion? (Please don't abuse the multiple choice feature)

• Atheism or agnosticism

Votes: 85 72.6%
  • Christianity or Judaism

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Islam

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paganism/neo-paganism

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
i know this thread is a million years old now but is anyone else wigged out that christianity and judaism have been lumped together on the poll
That is odd, definitely. Like, yeah, as Superbird pointed out, Christianity and Judaism are both Abrahamic religions, so I guess you could sort of justify combining them into one category on that basis? But if you're going to do that, then why is Islam separate?

The list of religions also just generally looks weird to me, but apparently this is based on UK census data... The UK has a much more different distribution of religious affiliations than the US than I was expecting! Like, I was weirded out that there would be enough Sikhs for that to be considered a major category... then again I can't actually find any data that goes out to six different groups in the US (not including atheist/unaffiliated), so maybe it's actually the next major group after Hindu here as well, it's just so small that it's not usually reported. According to this Pew Research data, it would fall under "Other World Religions," as part of just 0.3% versus over 1% in the UK data.

Back
Top Bottom