• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

Holy shit did Gzhoom throw the game at the end there. Killing two confirmed innocents in a row.
Also, if people woulda piped up about getting guns and suits when I hadn't targeted them we might have been able to figure out they were fakes. For example, if Stryke had said D5 "hey, I've got a gun, I'll shoot Cynder", then died, we would've known something was wrong and we could organize to figure out what was what.

Ugh, totally misled by the fact that Jack hadn't been online in ages. =/ I don't know whether he actually hadn't been paying attention and then just happened to show up in order to shoot ZM, or whether he'd actually been watching the game logged out or something, but thaaaaat ended up being a huge problem. If only Gzhoom'd told people who he'd targeted and they'd gotten a quick vote in before Jack remembered the thread!

So congratulations... nobody... and good game! And thanks for GMing, MF. I really enjoyed the flavor for this one.
Thaaaat was me, actually. I prodded JackPK about whether he'd forgotten about this game by any chance, hoping that since he supposedly had a gun, maybe he could convert me before the end of the day. Didn't work out that way!

So close and yet so far! If I'd had one more night phase before I got sidetracked and overlooked the game, I could have been a winner. But oh well.

Fun fact: In the brief time I was able to communicate with the mafia, Kratos told me the gun I received was actually a fake one from them, not a real one from ZM, so I legitimately had no idea whether that shot would end the game or backfire on me and leave the other three of you alive. That was yet another consequence of having so many confusing swaps happen every night.

That was yet another consequence of having so many confusing swaps happen every night.
See, now there's something that was hilarious to watch this game -- there was absolutely no redirection in this setup, but after Negrek's game, people were willing to assume that as an explanation for anything, including plain roleblocking.

hehe, this was a lot of fun to watch! i think it was more fun watching rather than playing, because that was a ton of stuff to keep track of - but i guess that's MFia for you. can't wait for next time!

Well that... turned out interestingly. Just as well I didn't actually win; wouldn't have felt I deserved it after that little huff there, heh. Also realized after I spoke that I was basically abandoning Jack to deal with all the stuff I said I didn't want to deal with, only he couldn't nightkill at all, which... wasn't cool... sorry :( Thankfully it did remain interesting and there was still a way to keep this from dragging on once the mafia was basically helpless! Should've known better than to doubt MF there.

But anyway! Yes! Very confusing, very entertaining until the end. Man Gzhoom shooting Negrek and then lying about it threw me for a loop, like, okay I know why Stryke and Flora died but what the hell. Like I said, I'll probably sit out the next few, partially because wow I didn't actually realize I was that annoyed, and partially because I should probably be paying more attention to my new job!!! but I'm definitely looking forward to whatever twists come up in future MFias. Thanks for running this!

Back
Top Bottom