• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

First Gen 5 Silhouette

For some reason, it just screams 'fully-evolved fire starter' to me. Seems like a feral Pokemon. And uh... Nope, nothing else comes to mind.

I found it first on the LJ community, and Serebii, Pokebeach, and Bulbanews have all since updated about it.

...it looks like Sonic. My first thought and still most of what I can think when I look at it.

What Butterfree said. Although, this has to be the first time I've ever seen a /badass/ Pokemon silhouetted first, as this looks like it could be.

I really hope it's not an evo. :\ But if it is, it does look to me like it'd be either Lucario or Zangoose. People are also thinking maybe Sandslash or Mightyena.

So this is what 'Z' in the new movie is supposed to be. After this thing is fully revealed, they'll probably reveal the full title of the movie with the Pokemon's name instead of just 'Z'. At any rate, the reveal is supposed to be on the 21st. :]

Ooo, wow! How exciting! I've never actually seen the pokemons before buying the game. Hm...looks a bit like a dark type.

I really hope it's not an evo. :\ But if it is, it does look to me like it'd be either Lucario or Zangoose. People are also thinking maybe Sandslash or Mightyena.

So this is what 'Z' in the new movie is supposed to be. After this thing is fully revealed, they'll probably reveal the full title of the movie with the Pokemon's name instead of just 'Z'. At any rate, the reveal is supposed to be on the 21st. :]

If Zangoose gets an evo, it'd stand to reason that Seviper would get one too, right? I wouldn't mind Seviper getting an evo, actually.

Aaand now I'm eager for the 21st.

It seems really unfair that they're making us wait two weeks. D:

But it's cool that we get a kick-ass silhouette for the first Pokemon instead of the usual pre-evolution stuff. I can't wait to see what it is. ^^ This is the first Pokemon generation that I will be keeping up with from start to finish, and I am very excited for it.

If it's an evo, I don't want to think it's Zangoose's. The claws are not prominent enough. Doesn't look enough like Lucario either, but I could be wrong... As for Sandslash: why? Mightyena: Why is it bipedal now? I don't think it's an evo of those, either.

Looks like it'll be either a normal type, or a fire type. The final form of whatever line it's from.

I think I'll make a little doodle of what I speculate it to look like from a glance, without looking at any other Pokemon to speculate what it might actually could possibly be an evo of :v

Mightyena: Why is it bipedal now?

Some people think it looks like a werewolf.

I wonder what role it's gonna have in the movie? If it's "Ruler of Illusions Z", maybe it has illusion-powers or something? Seems like that'd indicate a Psychic-type, but this doesn't really look Psychic to me. Dark maybe, but not Psychic.

Fire-dark, or maybe ground-dark. Probably not a starter, they aren't introduced early, and it doesn't look like a legendary. It seems like it may evolve, though not from an existing Pokemon. But, for starring in a movie, it must be prominent. Maybe around #625?
Oddly, the first thought I got was a new designer came from Sega. Looks like a Sonic character, but that's just me.

Some people think it looks like a werewolf.

Mm, I could see that I guess.

Here's what I thought of...
15wcemh.png

I think it's huge hair and a ponytail, since that thing at the end seems too low on its butt to be a tail. The other arm is probably raised in that particular picture. The way the legs were drawn reminds me very much of Palkia so it kinda has a separation of thigh and foot going on there. The ? is a possible place for a symbol, couldn't begin to guess what it is (a Z? lol)
It may or may not have visible ears, I just kind of envisioned a mask. This is all very vague, just a basic idea
edit: Redux because Corocoro's version of the silhouette has a little better res
apcztc.png

Last edited:
Fire-dark, or maybe ground-dark. Probably not a starter, they aren't introduced early, and it doesn't look like a legendary. It seems like it may evolve, though not from an existing Pokemon. But, for starring in a movie, it must be prominent. Maybe around #625?.

My thoughts exactly

Probably not a starter, they aren't introduced early, and it doesn't look like a legendary. It seems like it may evolve, though not from an existing Pokemon. But, for starring in a movie, it must be prominent. Maybe around #625?.

My thoughts exactly

looks to me like it might be a fully evolved fire starter. :o

First thin I noticed was a possible Weavile evolution or grass starter. But then Sableye pops to my mind as well ... Ghost/Grass? xD

Back
Top Bottom