• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

One-Shot *unnamed thing I came up with in bed last night*

Mewtwo

Mage of Blood
Pronoun
she
Told in the POV of a five-year-old, lying in bed thinking about life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I lay my head on my pillow, I could still hear Mommy and Daddy yelling at each other. Why did they have to fight all the time? They loved each other, right? Sometimes, I could walk in a room and feel the anger cover the room like my blankie covers me when I go to sleep. Sometimes, they would yell at me then get all sorry, try to make things right between me and them again. I've heard the word "divorce" many times. I don't know what it means, but I can tell by the way that they say it that it means something bad. It's getting worse every day; sometimes, they won't even talk to each other, beside yelling. They use the same tone of voice at each other that they use whenever I do something bad, like accidentally go in my pants or break the vase playing in the house. What did they do so wrong that they have to yell at each other all the time? Maybe Mommy broke a cup, or Daddy hit a golf ball through someone's window, like the kid down the street did. I don't know. I'm kinda tired now...

Last edited:
I like it. Props to you. I think it's cool that you balanced the sadness of a girl who's parents are fighting with stuff like
They use the same tone of voice at each other that they use whenever I do something bad, like accidentally go in my pants or break the vase playing in the house.
:grin:

Yeah, I was trying to combine the innocence of a five-year-old with knowing something wrong is going on.

that's actually extremely good, and I am the pickiest reader in the universe. My only suggestion is try finding different ways to word things than just saying "that tone of voice" all the time. I know you're trying to be five, but it will make it more interesting.

Thank you! It's nice to know my writing has gotten better than I thought it did. My LA2 (writing) teacher said I have pretty good talent... Plus, I want to be an author when I grow up, so C+CC and all that is crucial.

I, honestly, really like that it's told from an innocent POV. Can't wait for more, if there is (i know it's one-shot, but I'd like more of this kind of writing from you.). You've got a talent. "tone of voice" doesn't sound very "5" to me. Maybe the 5-year-old's talking to a stuffed animal or something? I'd like to know.

@SonicNintendo: I never really thought about who she was talking to. Technically, I was just bored when I wrote this, and it's not even my best work. Which says something, if a lot of people like it. I could rewrite it so she's talking to an imaginary friend or something (as, since I did, I assume everyone (or at least a lot of people) had imaginary friends at five) I'm also going to write a short story with an idea I came up randomly to get really warmed up for NaNoWriMo. If I don't finish it by November, I'll just postpone it. But the general idea is your not-so-typical love story; so far what I have is a couple going out for popularity only; peer pressure and what-not. So they really don't like each other that well. Later in the relationship, though, they both find their true loves. This will be set in the age-range of high-school, around junior, even though I'm only in middle school, but I'll do the best I can based on descriptions of my own high-school my friend gave me. I'll even post the story on here.

Like the idea?

Back
Top Bottom