• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015 [ENDS SATURDAY 21st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015

I'm taking over the day shift, while uv and MD have spooky dreams way over on the other side of the globe! (except I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I will have to get to Nira later.)

Vipera Magnifica:

You know what, a fucking whale? I have a feeling those rugs below the stairs could be hiding something. I'd like you to wash them away with a Hydro Pump while I check the mat by the front door.

(Are the red rectangles by doors in Pokémon games doormats, or the doors themselves with a weird perspective? I've always assumed the former)

Actions: 3/8
Candy Cornn: 4
m2a9VI6.png

a fucking whale takes a big deep breath, and suddenly begins to inflate back to her normal size. You try to scream a warning, but the oblivious a fucking whale, intent on her job, doesn't notice anything amiss until her newly-expanded blubber reaches the ceiling Chandelure's white-hot flames. Oops.

Sheepishly you recast the magic of Halloween, and the re-minified a fucking whale carefully opens her mouth, releasing a tiny trickle of water onto the mat in front of the left staircase. With a loud pop, the mat transforms into a terrified Ditto that transforms into a spooky Missingno. that transforms into a BIG SCARY GENGAR, who promptly flees through the nearest wall. It leaves behind one piece of Candy Cornn!

A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Guestrodon:

"Okay we don't have much time lef., uhm, what? Kitten? Ouch sorry I was joking, let's head to the Kitchen then!"

Actions: 1/8
Candy Cornn: 11
I4ivO8C.png

A cool breeze drifts through the as-yet-untouched kitchen, rattling several empty plates the sit unattended on a table, awaiting some ghostly feast. A sign on the wall proclaims, "ATTENTION SPOOKY GHOSTS! Please make sure the fridge is unoccupied before getting into it."

From here you can go east to the Dining Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Last edited:

Sangfroidish:

Actions: 8/8
Candy Cornn: 0
m2a9VI6.png

You enter the Entrance Hall with Quelana, who is twirling her wand through her fingers, a bit bored. From here you can see that there's a hole in the furthermost wall, and one of the potted plants seems to be ... offended? There are also a few trainers milling about, poking things.

What a bunch of weirdos, Quelana thinks to herself.

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
Let's head straight for the library! Even if there's nothing there, we can at least swot up on scavenger hunting technique or something.

Totodile:

Actions: 4/8
Candy Cornn: 6
nImL84L.png

Pleased with your loot so far, you and Fluttershy trot to the other side of the Dining Hall in good spirits. The full moon is shining outside the window, illuminating this otherwise dark corner of the room. You examine the dust patch and notice there's a set of footprints that walk into the dust and ... through the wall. That's ... weird ...
From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
How spooky! Now, the ghost that made these footprints can't have gone too far ... maybe we can lure it back with some spookiness of our own? Do your creepy howling noise with a nice Echoed Voice!

Guestrodon:

I4ivO8C.png

A cool breeze drifts through the as-yet-untouched kitchen, rattling several empty plates the sit unattended on a table, awaiting some ghostly feast. A sign on the wall proclaims, "ATTENTION SPOOKY GHOSTS! Please make sure the fridge is unoccupied before getting into it."

From here you can go east to the Dining Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

"Of course, the milk is rotten, why would there be fresh milk here? Wow, you want to thank the Old Chateau for all the Candy Corn we got today, specially the wannabe spooky Sudowoodo and the stoned Litwick?
That sounds fair, use Pay Day to make it rain money for the ghosts in the mansion, hopefully one of the spookies will get some to our friends that we met earlier today. And hopefully they start getting fresh milk, this stuff is disgusting!
Now let's get out of here, like hell am I spending the night here!"

Vipera Magnifica:

m2a9VI6.png

a fucking whale takes a big deep breath, and suddenly begins to inflate back to her normal size. You try to scream a warning, but the oblivious a fucking whale, intent on her job, doesn't notice anything amiss until her newly-expanded blubber reaches the ceiling Chandelure's white-hot flames. Oops.

Sheepishly you recast the magic of Halloween, and the re-minified a fucking whale carefully opens her mouth, releasing a tiny trickle of water onto the mat in front of the left staircase. With a loud pop, the mat transforms into a terrified Ditto that transforms into a spooky Missingno. that transforms into a BIG SCARY GENGAR, who promptly flees through the nearest wall. It leaves behind one piece of Candy Cornn!

A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move
Let's go to the Dining Hall. Maybe we'll find the Candy Cornn motherload!

Meursault:

Candy Cornn: 3
m2a9VI6.png

You walk back into the Entrance Hall and straight up to that weird painting. Delve looks at the painted-on Candy Cornn, which doesn't really look like the rest of the painting - the paint's cheap and looks almost like crayon. Delve goes to scratch some of the flakey paint, when her hand goes in to the painting and grabs the Candy Cornn! She hands you the Candy Cornn in complete surprise and shrugs. All kinds of weird things happen when you're a ghost. She decides to try her luck again, and instead walks her fingers right up the path, all the way to the castle doors, knocks on the front door, grabs another piece of Candy Cornn, and walks all the way back again.
A1qQvOZ.png

The painting darkens now, and seems kind of dull and ... flat. From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Let's move on to the hallway and, having no business there, move straight on to bedroom 2.

Superbird:

Actions: 4/8
Candy Cornn: 1

6wMFOFO.png

Deru nods, and takes a whiff of the Candy Cornn you've already collected. It's a weird smell, kind of like the cheap candy you get while trick-or-treating, mixed with creamed corn. Gross. Deru wrinkles his nose, but starts to hunt for the smell, nose to the ground. He follows the odour around the room, until finally, he comes to the bookcase. One particularly heavy tome, bound in green leather and gold fringe, takes Deru's attention. Deru cracks open a copy of 101 Graveyard Recipes for Bachelors and reveals -
A1qQvOZ.png

- a fake book! Instead of weird lonely recipes, there's a hidden cavity with four pieces of Candy Cornn. Awesome!

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

Well, if that's the case, I think we'll retreat back to the hall and Odor Sleuth for whatever we might be able to find there, as well. Surely the ceiling wasn't the only place there was candy in the hall.

Nira:

Twilight Princess, start off by using trick or treat to see if we can scrounge any candy in this room before moving on!

Actions: 7/8
m2a9VI6.png

Twilight Princess obligingly floats over to the statue near the door to the Dining Hall, sets her headlights alight, and trills, "TRICK OR TREAT!"

The statue remains silent and unmoving, but Twilight Princess continues looking up at it expectantly until finally it comes to life with a sigh. "Why won't anyone just leave me be? D-don't tell anyone I gave you this, okay? I'm really gonna be in for it if the boss finds out..."

Trembling at the thought, the statue hands over one piece of Candy Cornn.

A1qQvOZ.png

-----

Sangfroidish:

Let's head straight for the library! Even if there's nothing there, we can at least swot up on scavenger hunting technique or something.

sdilbMt.png

Quelana nods approvingly in your direction. A fine choice from a fine trainer!

You and your Pokémon walk calmly into the Library, casually brushing off all manner of cobwebs and spooky things on your way, and Quelana stops in her tracks. Trails of sticky drool coat the spines of the books and pieces of shattered bone litter the floor. Quelana's inner academic twists and screams in pain and fury.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Totodile:

How spooky! Now, the ghost that made these footprints can't have gone too far ... maybe we can lure it back with some spookiness of our own? Do your creepy howling noise with a nice Echoed Voice!

nImL84L.png

Fluttershy shudders as she gazes upon the trail of ghostly footprints. "Ruh-roh..." she begins, but you're having none of it. You shove her head through the window as she lets out an eerie wail that echoes through the nothingness.

A faint light appears at the end of the nothingness tunnel, growing brighter and brighter as it approaches. Fluttershy draws back, expecting some terrifying creature, but all that appears before them is a tiny Litwick.

"Aw, man!" cries the Litwick in disappointment as it sets its eyes upon Fluttershy. "You're a Normal-type! I can't eat Normal-type souls, they give me indigestion!"

Fluttershy shrieks and jumps into your arms again as the Litwick huffs and disappears through a nearby wall. What luck! It looks like it dropped six pieces of Candy Cornn that it was snacking on!

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----

Guestrodon:

"Of course, the milk is rotten, why would there be fresh milk here? Wow, you want to thank the Old Chateau for all the Candy Corn we got today, specially the wannabe spooky Sudowoodo and the stoned Litwick?
That sounds fair, use Pay Day to make it rain money for the ghosts in the mansion, hopefully one of the spookies will get some to our friends that we met earlier today. And hopefully they start getting fresh milk, this stuff is disgusting!
Now let's get out of here, like hell am I spending the night here!"

Actions: 0/8
I4ivO8C.png

A stream of golden chocolate loonies spurts from CateGory's forehead coin as she spins in place. Chocolate money pelts the furniture and walls, and a plate is knocked off the table, shattering loudly on the floor.

"Hey!" protests a fridge as CateGory turns its way.

CateGory looks back at you. Did you hear something? You shrug, and CateGory hurls a particularly large coin at the fridge.

"Oi!" screams the fridge in indignation.

Wait... that's not a fridge at all! It's just a Frost Rotom pretending to be a fridge! Its doors swing open wide in rage, spilling out four pieces of Candy Cornn that you frantically kneel down to pick up. While you're distracted, the other fridge, which is also just a Frost Rotom pretending to be a fridge, sneaks up behind you, and the last thing you and CateGory remember is a chill wind and an eerie cackle...

When you open your eyes again you find yourself lying face-down on the grass outside the Old Chateau, CateGory sprawled out beside you. A thin layer of frost coats the grass around you. You didn't even get to keep one chocolate loonie for yourself...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 15 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

-----

Vipera Magnifica:

Let's go to the Dining Hall. Maybe we'll find the Candy Cornn motherload!

Actions: 2/8
Candy Cornn: 5
nImL84L.png

a fucking whale placidly follows you into the Dining Hall, where you find Fluttershy engaged in fierce argument with her trainer Totodile. Something about the true nature and essence of the soul. Weird stuff.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

JackPK:

Actions: 5/8

sdilbMt.png

Looking around the library, you feel your meta senses tingle, and decide to pick up the trash can and rifle through it. You were expecting trash, but instead it's full of ... bones? What the hell? You pass them on to Bun Two Three Four hastily, who Flings them at the books equally as fast. Gross. Each bone hits a book square in the spine (heh), and produces a funky, xylophonic sound that seems kind of familiar. This continues while you and everyone else in the Library nod your head to the beat until you run out of bones. Wait, how long have you been throwing bones? How long were you trapped by the feverish, spine-tingling beat?
You're a bit dazed, but you can see that several books have fallen open, revealing three pieces of Candy Cornn.
A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

Let's return to the Entrance Hall, then, and if it's OK for me to gloss over two actions in one post, we'll continue back to the Bedroom Hallway while we're at it.

Vipera Magnifica:

nImL84L.png

a fucking whale placidly follows you into the Dining Hall, where you find Fluttershy engaged in fierce argument with her trainer Totodile. Something about the true nature and essence of the soul. Weird stuff.

We don't have a whole lot of time left, smol whale friend, and we have yet to encounter any ghosts.

That dinner table looks pretty expensive. I think it's even antique. Maybe the ghosts here still use it for their ghostly feasts. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it...

a fucking whale, float up above that dinner table and let yourself de-miniaturize just a little bit. I have an ultimatum to deliver.

"Attention ghostly inhabitants, you have three minutes to bring me all of the Candy Cornn you can carry. Failure to meet my demands will result in a fucking whale here body slamming this antique dining table directly into the floorboards. You'd better get moving."

Faorzia:

m2a9VI6.png

With an excited flutter, Tavvy leaves your shoulder and takes wing around the room. He circles the ceiling, looking for any loose boards, but unfortunately this ceiling is smooth, white plaster with fancy cornices. Tavvy settles on the chandelier and ruffles his feathers, looking for any spooky ghosts. Hello, the chandelier says menacingly, are you comfortable? Tavvy goes to respond but shrieks when he realises that he's come to rest on a Chandelure, not a Chandelier! The blue flames rise inside the Chandelure's body as it yells BOO! and Tavvy flutters away, terrified. Eventually he comes to rest on your shoulder again, panting. The Chandelure chuckles as a few loose feathers fall to the ground, and drops a piece of Candy Cornn to the ground with them.
A1qQvOZ.png

-----

spoopy! Hey, Tavvy, why don't we go up those stairs to those paintings on the wall, and I'll shout at one while you Astonish the other.

Totodile:

nImL84L.png

Fluttershy shudders as she gazes upon the trail of ghostly footprints. "Ruh-roh..." she begins, but you're having none of it. You shove her head through the window as she lets out an eerie wail that echoes through the nothingness.

A faint light appears at the end of the nothingness tunnel, growing brighter and brighter as it approaches. Fluttershy draws back, expecting some terrifying creature, but all that appears before them is a tiny Litwick.

"Aw, man!" cries the Litwick in disappointment as it sets its eyes upon Fluttershy. "You're a Normal-type! I can't eat Normal-type souls, they give me indigestion!"

Fluttershy shrieks and jumps into your arms again as the Litwick huffs and disappears through a nearby wall. What luck! It looks like it dropped six pieces of Candy Cornn that it was snacking on!

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.
Look at all that Cornn! He must really like the stuff ... but then again, he doesn't think normal-types are tasty. I can't tell if he has good taste or not. Oh well.

Time is running out, so let's move on, Fluttershy. To the kitchen!

I would like to enter with my fossil Victor.

kabuto

I liek Scythers:

Actions: 6/8

nImL84L.png

You and Mr. Turtle leave the pot plant behind and head into the Dining Hall. As you're about to enter, you hear a loud crash and the sound of shattering china. You look into the room cautiously... Inside, you see Totodile and Fluttershy rummaging through a cupboard they've clearly just smashed open. Apparently you're not the only person who likes to headbutt things.

I think I'm going to check under the table.

Sangfroidish:

sdilbMt.png

Quelana nods approvingly in your direction. A fine choice from a fine trainer!

You and your Pokémon walk calmly into the Library, casually brushing off all manner of cobwebs and spooky things on your way, and Quelana stops in her tracks. Trails of sticky drool coat the spines of the books and pieces of shattered bone litter the floor. Quelana's inner academic twists and screams in pain and fury.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
What monster has been licking the books?! Let's take a closer look at them. We can't let this disrespectful behaviour go unpunished.

Alright, why don't I give myself just one tidbit of actual Day of the Dead celeration...

Let's enter Country Eater, and let the games begin.

-----

Travelogue Entry #49
Month X, Week X, Day X, Hour O

Here, in the enemy's doorstep, I finally am. The intelligence I have been given by the local sources, it has been a blessing; it is almost as if this trainer -- Elfy or Effie or what have you -- has been on my mark's hot trails for a long time already, and I am only to put the finishing touches on the job, as if the International Police is the ravenous Carnivine that simply swooced right in to eat the meal that the local enforcement has abandoned. But the nature of the mission matters not; it only matters that I will see it through, or else, my name, it is not Looker. Although, my real name, it is not Looker, so perhaps the metaphor, it is not apt... But, ah, I must not blow my cover, here and now of all places!

I enter the foray, with caution. It is a perfect picture of squalor: the shards, they are all over the floor. All of it must have once formed into convenient items of furniture, but alas, most of it is now powder of the color of marble, mixtured with powder of the color of the dirt. On closer analysis, the powder of the color of the dirt just so happens to be dirt; perhaps I should not have partaken in the oral examination of it. Regardless, the room of welcomes seems in shreads so, that it brings to mind what the locals here call a "Meteronomical Battleance". It is all obvious evidence of a furious struggle, so I must make my inroads with even more caution.

What brings to me comfort is that the local I have spoken to went so far as to lend a reliable Pokémon partner. I have not seen this species before, but I have been assured that it is as stout as the Indian Elephant, and more resistant to the evils of Thomas Edison. Which brings to mind, that this will be particularly useful, as it seems that an Electric-type Pokémon is in the hands of my prey... Indeed, this Fanpie shall prove a stalwart ally. I am only concerned that it seems somewhat dim of wit, as it will not respond when I call out its nickname, "Indyelle". There is not a Pokémon in the face of the nation that does not know commands when a time of battle is afoot, however, so this is unconcerning in the end!

ultraviolet said:
Ether's Bane

sdilbMt.png

You and Viskran walk into the library, which is actually getting kind of crowded. As soon as you enter, the pile of books in the corner rearranges itself alphabetically by title, then alphabetically by author, then by dewey decimal, then by colour, then by length...

Brick Break on the two shelves in the top-right corner. Smash them up - maybe there's Candy Cornn in there.

serpentjester:

LIT3ijg.png

You decide that risking a fight against the ghost claw isn't worth it. Still, you make a mental note of its location, in case you want to come back for that hidden Candy Cornn later.

Instead, you and Seaborne head up the stairs and into the Bedroom Hallway. Someone has smashed huge holes in this room, stirring up dust everywhere... and for some reason, you can smell perfume too.

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

sniff out the perfumiest hole and use dig on it! surely if you dig hard enough, you'll find some secretly hidden cornn.

Keldeo:

Candy Cornn: 2

m2a9VI6.png

Pedri casually strolls over to the potted plant on the other side of the room. On the way, he scoops up a clump of dirt from the floor. You give him a quizzical look, but he winks at you as if to say, 'Trust me'.

"Excuse me, mister!" he exclaims, waving his arms in front of the pot plant. "Yes, you!"

The pot plant shakes its leaves and grunts. "Ugh, another one? What do you want?"

"Why, hello there!" Pedri grins. "If I'm not mistaken, you're a Sudowoodo pretending to be a ghost pretending to be a tree, aren't you?"

The Sudowoodo eyes him suspiciously. "Maybe. What's it to you?"

"In that case, do I have a deal for you, buddy!" Pedri holds up the clump of dirt and sniffs it lovingly. "This here is some prime Mega Dirt. What's Mega Dirt, you ask?"

"No, I don't ask - "

"Put it in your flower pot! Put it in your tea! Anywhere, any time - it's Mega Dirt!"

"Okay, look, I'm not really interest - "

"Normally a Dirt is $20, but a Mega Dirt is only $10.99!"

The Sudowoodo sighs. "I guess that is a pretty good deal. Alright, I'll trade you one piece of Candy Cornn for it, but not a penny more, you hear?"
A1qQvOZ.png

"Done and done!" Pedri shakes the Sudowoodo's hand and quickly swaps the dirt for the Candy Cornn. "Pleasure doing business with you, bye!"

"Hey, wait a minute!" the Sudowoodo yells as Pedri runs away. "This isn't a Mega Dirt, this is just a regular Dirt!"

But Pedri is already gone, hiding with you behind the staircase again. You realize that Pedri is now a Zorua pretending to be a Gourgeist pretending to be a salesman. You both laugh.

It doesn't look like there's much more for us here, so why don't we go to the Dining Hall and then, once we're there, examine the painting on the far wall? (edit: For clarity, I'm commanding two consecutive actions.)

Meursault:
Let's move on to the hallway and, having no business there, move straight on to bedroom 2.
1wvEkP4.png

The hair on the back of your neck prickles, and you know that feeling of dread means you're running out of time in this place. You and Delve move swiftly into the depths of the mansion, finally entering the second bedroom. This room is eerily silent, except from the constant white noise emanating from the TV. Delve gives the TV a puzzled look, and as you look around the room, you can see a face in the static in your peripheral vision. Aside from the TV, there's nothing really interesting about this room aside from the usual dust and wear-and-tear.

From here, you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Superbird:
Well, if that's the case, I think we'll retreat back to the hall and Odor Sleuth for whatever we might be able to find there, as well. Surely the ceiling wasn't the only place there was candy in the hall.

LIT3ijg.png

You walk back into the Bedroom Hallway with Deru and he begins sniffing the ground again, on the hunt for more Candy Cornn. Deru follows his nose until he stops at a particularly large spider web in the west corner. The web is thick and covers the whole ceiling corner in white, tangled threads. You can both see some Candy Corn dangling from the web, guarded by a ... not-very-threatening Spinarak. Deru snarls, and the Spinarak runs away, letting the three pieces of Candy Corn fall to the ground.
A1qQvOZ.png

Well, that was easy.
From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----

JackPK:
Let's return to the Entrance Hall, then, and if it's OK for me to gloss over two actions in one post, we'll continue back to the Bedroom Hallway while we're at it.
LIT3ijg.png

You and Bun Two Three Four make a beeline for the Bedroom Hallway, knowing that there's probably more going on further in the Chateau. However, not much is happening here - Superbird and Deru seem to be bullying a spider, and there's a big hole in the ceiling. A draft comes through the building and rustles the leaves on each of the potted plants.

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

I liek Scythers:
I think I'm going to check under the table.
nImL84L.png

You and Mr. Turtle creep up to the dining table, and on the count of three, lift up the corner of the tablecloth. Sitting under the table is a Gengar, a Gourgeist, a Banette and a Misdreavus, all playing what appears to be a high-stakes game of poker. There's a pile of Candy Cornn in the centre, to give you an idea of how high the stakes. They all look at you silently as you interrupt their game, and pull the cards closer to their faces psychokinetically.
-----

Vipera Magnifica:
We don't have a whole lot of time left, smol whale friend, and we have yet to encounter any ghosts.

That dinner table looks pretty expensive. I think it's even antique. Maybe the ghosts here still use it for their ghostly feasts. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it...

a fucking whale, float up above that dinner table and let yourself de-miniaturize just a little bit. I have an ultimatum to deliver.

"Attention ghostly inhabitants, you have three minutes to bring me all of the Candy Cornn you can carry. Failure to meet my demands will result in a fucking whale here body slamming this antique dining table directly into the floorboards. You'd better get moving."

nImL84L.png

The table creaks under a fucking whale's weight as you shout your commands. For a while you can hear a bit of murmuring, and then a Gengar, a Gourgeist, a Banette and a Misdreavus all rise up from underneath the table, staring daggers at you, as well as I liek Scyther and Mr. Turtle, who come out from under the table. The four ghosts nod in some kind of collective agreement, and hand you three pieces of Candy Cornn, before descending back under the table again. You're not sure if it's because you've just been faced with four different ghost pokemon or because you've been in this Chateau for a bit too long, but you feel a little bit uneasy, as though you don't have much time left.
A1qQvOZ.png

-----

Faorzia:
spoopy! Hey, Tavvy, why don't we go up those stairs to those paintings on the wall, and I'll shout at one while you Astonish the other.
m2a9VI6.png

You walk up the stairs with Tavvy on your shoulder (Tavvy keeping his eyes on that Chandelure the whole time) until you reach one of the paintings - you gesture towards the other one, and Tavvy flutters and sits on the frame of the painting to the right. You stare into this painting - it's kind of dull and uninteresting, just a picture of a haunted house or something. You give a shout experimentally, but nothing happens. You decide to walk over and see how Tavvy's going.
Tavvy stares into this painting, which is identical to the painting you looked at, but has a piece of salty licorice painted on to it. Gross. Unsure what to do, Tavvy screeches and puffs out his feathers in an attempt to surprise the painting. The piece of salty licorice jumps in shock, and drops a piece of Candy Cornn before running away into the landscape of the painting.
A1qQvOZ.png

The Candy Cornn falls out of the painting and onto the ground. Well, that was weird. From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

Totodile:
Look at all that Cornn! He must really like the stuff ... but then again, he doesn't think normal-types are tasty. I can't tell if he has good taste or not. Oh well.

Time is running out, so let's move on, Fluttershy. To the kitchen!
Candy Cornn: 12
I4ivO8C.png

You walk briskly to the kitchen, with Fluttershy in tow. The kitchen smells kinda damp, and you're sure that the cobwebs woven over those plates aren't exactly sanitary. There's a thin layer of frost on the ground near the fridges.
From here you can return to the Dining Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

Murkrow:
I would like to enter with my fossil Victor.

kabuto
m2a9VI6.png

You enter the Chateau after a long wait in line, finally stopping in the centre of the room with Victor scuttling at your feet. You aren't sure if the Chateau was this damaged from its abandonment, or if this is the work of other Asber trainers.
There's a shout from the Dining Hall - something about threatening the furniture? Probably the Asber trainers, then.
-----

Sangfroidish:
What monster has been licking the books?! Let's take a closer look at them. We can't let this disrespectful behaviour go unpunished.
sdilbMt.png

Quelana wrinkles her nose as she grabs one of the books that's been slimed. It seems ectoplasmic, or at least that's what she thinks it's called - that's what they said in Ghostbusters. Oh! Remembering Ghostbusters, she pulls out her wand again, and waves it slowly over the bookshelf like they did in the movies. The wand crackles and clicks, detecting paranormal activity like a Geiger Counter. You drop the book you're looking at - Cooking without Garlic, Steak, or Holy Water - and watch as the crackling feedback becomes louder when Quelana points her wand at a particularly strange book. The book is bound in bright purple velvet, and has a strange insignia on the front:
unown-s
Well, that's kinda weird. From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

Metallica Fanboy:
Alright, why don't I give myself just one tidbit of actual Day of the Dead celeration...

Let's enter Country Eater, and let the games begin.

m2a9VI6.png

You enter with Country Eater, having been able to skip (most) of the line as a member of the International Police - a plastic badge will get you almost anywhere, it seems. A few trainers give you passing glances as they hunt for Candy Cornn; you seem to almost resemble some kind of renowned celebrity detective. You gaze around the room - it's hard to tell how haunted this place actually is, what with the holes in the wall and people shouting at paintings. Country Eater trumpets softly, a bit irritated at the chaos.
-----

Ether's Bane:
Brick Break on the two shelves in the top-right corner. Smash them up - maybe there's Candy Cornn in there.

sdilbMt.png

While Sangfroidish and Quelana seem to be pursuing some kind of mystery, you and Viskran head to the other set of bookshelves, and instead feel like some different tactics are in order - a bit of smashy-smashy, if you will. Viskran prepares his fist, and smashes through the bookshelves as though they're made from matchsticks. Encyclopedias and obscure dictionaries are thrown everywhere, pages flying - eventually the dust settles, and in the debris you find three pieces of Candy Cornn.
A1qQvOZ.png

Seems like one of those bookshelves had a secret hiding spot for valuables, but not anymore. From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.
-----

serpentjester:
sniff out the perfumiest hole and use dig on it! surely if you dig hard enough, you'll find some secretly hidden cornn.

LIT3ijg.png

Seaborne sets about following his nose again, this time following the scent of perfume, which leads him to... Superbird's Houndoom, Deru, who's holding a Sachet. Deru raises an eyebrow as Seaborne pretends he wasn't sniffing Deru's behind (awkward), and instead finds a suspicious-looking patch on the floor. Some of the tiles are a bit loose here, so Seaborne starts to dig... and comes face-to-face with a Sableye, who's also digging around in the floor. Apparently the Sableye has been searching for valuable gems in between the floors, and hasn't found anything except these lousy weird Cornn Berries. He's tired of carrying them, so he agrees to give you these three pieces of Candy Cornn if you don't tell anyone where he's searching for gems.
A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom