• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eifie's Definitely 100% Legit Serious Mafia Game

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
FoQBKbg.png

da rulez
  • Rule of Fun is in effect (don't take this game serious plz)
  • Post good joke cover and I may reward you!
  • Claiming your role is not recommended!
  • the usual don't talk outside the thread unless you've been given a private thread to do so, don't quote your role PM or communications from the GM in the game thread, etc. etc.
  • Lynching is mandatory each day. Tied votes result in a random lynch among the tied players.
  • The mafia factional kill is mandatory each night. If not submitted it'll be randomized and carried out by a random mafia member instead of any other action they might have submitted.
  • You can only use one action per night (excluding actions granted from event prizes). The mafia factional kill counts as an action.
  • Using a night action is mandatory if you have one that isn't limited-use. If not submitted you'll use a random one of your actions on a random target. I'll tell you what the action was.
  • Certain actions can't be used Night 0. These are indicated with an asterisk (*) next to their name in your role PM. The mafia factional kill cannot be used Night 0.
  • When a player dies their alignment and full role (as it was at the start of the game) will be revealed.
  • Don't ask me questions about mechanics unless they're clarifications of the above bullet points.

Randing the game now. I will post again to start Night 0 once all role PMs are out.

I have edit powers now, so important events will be edited into this post!

Thread Summary
- Night 0 begins (#2)
- Day 1 begins (#6)
- Day 1 event: SHEEP reveal (#114)
- Day 1 lynch: Keldeo was King Fumblefingers, lol keldeo (#304)
- Night 1: RedneckPhoenix was Convoluted Healer, town (#308)
- Day 2 begins (#308)
- Day 2 lynch: Stryke was Four Masked Chronos, mafia (#422)
- Night 2: Manti was Cult Blogger, town (#428)
- Day 3 begins (#428)
- Day 2 event: TCoDf Presents reveal (#461)
- Day 3 event: Two Truths and a Lie, phase 1 reveal (#489)
- Day 3 event: Two Truths and a Lie, phase 2 reveal (#578)
- Day 3 lynch: Music Dragon was Peculiar Hypnotist, town (#585)
- Night 3: Chemist1422 was Everyone's Favourite Sibling, town; Panini was Inert Jester, town (#590)
- Day 4 begins (#590)
- Day 4: I liek Squirtles was Leaf Robot, town (#711)
- Day 4 lynch: qva was Undulating Anti-Matter, mafia (#746)
- Night 4: Butterfree was Anti Golem, town (#750)
- Day 5 lynch: Sandstone-Shadow was Fallacious Inventor, mafia (#784)
- Game over: town wins! (#784)
- The Final Chapter (#795)
- Epilogue (#796)

Last edited:
All role PMs have been sent. If you didn't get one, PM me.

It is now Night 0. You have ~22 hours to submit actions. Night 0 will end at 11pm EST on Friday, May 3rd.

Reminder that abilities with an asterisk (*) next to them cannot be used on Night 0. This includes the mafia factional kill.

Unless an ability specifically states otherwise, you cannot target yourself.
Unless an ability specifically states otherwise, you cannot target dead players.

(sorry for the shortish night but I don't actually want to process actions at 1 am. everything else from now on will be normal, maybe.)

I forgot to say please get actions in by 10 pm EST so I can process them and actually start the day on time.

If you miss the deadline it's nbd, I'll randomize for you.

testing testing can I edit this post
I can edit! cool.

Last edited:
Voting

To vote for someone, please write Vote: [player] (in bold) where [player] is the name of a living player in this game. This is so that I can find the votes easily with ctrl-f. Invalid votes will not count (e.g. you can vote to lynch me if you really want to, but I won't count it as an actual vote and will instead count whatever your vote was before that). If you want to remove your vote without putting it on someone else, you can write Unvote (in bold). You don't need to unvote if you just want to switch your vote to someone else.

I will post votecounts... some sort of periodically. You can also request them by PMing me (if you ask in the thread I might miss it).

There may or may not be abilities that affect vote totals in effect (e.g. doublevoter). Any such abilities will not be indicated in the vote counts, but they will affect the final outcome.

It's still night, don't post yet.

hi I'm being cockblocked by only being able to send one PM every 60 seconds, please hold

It is now Day 1! Everyone should have received a status PM from me. If you didn't, PM me.

Play in the Day 1 event to win a prize!

Day 1 Event: TCoDf SHEEP

SHEEP is a game where I ask a series of questions and you try to guess what the most popular answer to each question will be. For each question, you will get 1 point for each person who gives the same answer that you do (including yourself). For example, if I say "name a letter of the alphabet" and Butterfree, opaltiger, and Negrek submit "A" and Music Dragon submits "Z", then Butterfree, opal, and Negrek get 3 points each and Music Dragon gets 1 point. (I will be relatively generous in considering answers "the same" for some of the more open-ended questions.) The person with the most points in total wins a prize! (If there is a tie for first place, a winner will be randomly chosen from among the tied players.)

Note that your answers do not need to be correct, nor do they need to be your actual opinion — just try to guess what the most popular answer will be! So, for example, if I say "Name the most attractive person on tcodf" and you answer "Music Dragon" instead of "Eifie", that answer still counts even though it is a) incorrect, and b) not your actual opinion. So if you predict that most people will answer the question with "Music Dragon", that's what you should submit. (For a better example, if I say "name an Electric Pokémon" and you submit "Mickey Mouse", that is a perfectly valid answer.)

If you have questions about the game, please PM me! I will post clarifications in the thread if necessary. You may not discuss the event in this thread. If you have a private chat with other players then you are allowed to talk about your submissions in those chats. Note that I will be posting everyone's submissions along with the winner reveal!

Let's go! PM your answers to me by 10 pm EST Sunday, May 5th. The reveal will happen shortly after that.

1. Name a player in this game.
  2. Name an ASB referee (Negrek scores 0).
  3. Who would win a rap battle between the tcodf moderators?
  4. Which was the best tcod April Fools joke?
  5. What forum style do you use?
  6. Name a country that a tcodf member lives in.
  7. Name a tcodf moderator that you'd be afraid to face in a fight.
  8. Name a Pokémon region.
  9. Name a mafia role.
  10. What's your favourite Pokémon?

Note: I was not expecting to have three whole MU people in this game, so uh. glgl. Have some links so that you can try to produce relevant answers if you want to, or just submit garbage, that's cool too.
The deadline to submit for the SHEEP is Sunday, May 5th, 10 pm EST. The reveal and winner announcement will occur around an hour after the deadline. Remember not to discuss the event in this thread.

The winner of the event gets a useful prize! Possible prizes include: a one-shot heal, a one-shot day vig (i.e. you can shoot someone during the day), a one-shot motivate (lets you use two of your actions in the same night). Event prizes can be used in addition to your regular night action.

You may now post. You have ~72 hours for discussion. Remember that lynching is mandatory.

also I'm an idiot and may have to claim one of my actions already

fun times

/Roll out the parade

I claim Monsieur Mangomonger, purveyor of the best mangoes and finest 300 mozzarellas in the land.

i've been peer pressured into playing this game, but i'm rapidly realizing i understand nothing about the current mafia climate

or about the forums as a whole

anyway is anyone else just really into fruit right now

because that's apparently one of my character traits

i've been peer pressured into playing this game, but i'm rapidly realizing i understand nothing about the current mafia climate

Another lover of fine fruits, I see! How would you like to join my Mango Multitudes? I'll be taking applications all day.

I'm completely new to the forum so your situation isn't that different than mine, probably

Also this is a Very Tryhard game so if you do not have fun you will be shunned

Back
Top Bottom