• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eifie's Definitely 100% Legit Serious Mafia Game

man, all of these are so good. thank you for being such an impeccable community and creating all this meme fuel guys

also panini, i'm a bit more interested in what you don't like about people that are active than i am about people who aren't. what don't you like about butterfree?

lynching inactives doesn't really go against OUR meta i guess, but my understanding is that it goes against yours i think, unless you were lying about that, so i don't really understand your vote here

It's less that there's something I dislike about Butterfree and more I don't have any real reason to town read her, which is why I described it as a process of elimination rather than just outright saying that I think X, Y or Z is scummy

Like Butterfree's votes D1 were Hiikaru (RVS, but he's probably town), Chem (admittedly I started that wagon but again, probably town) and Keldeo (3P)

And then there's this:
Well, I used a night action last night that lets me learn what factions are in play, and apparently there are only town and mafia remaining. Imagine if I had used that with Keldeo still in play, and I'd been informed that there's a "lol keldeo" faction, and we'd all be debating whether that is in fact Keldeo or if Eifie's just being a bastard mod.

Which I didn't notice until I reread and might be free info but is also not that hard to fake so eh. Butterfree didn't really say anything else D2 and it was very clear to me that wolves were in the inactive stack yesterday after it became clear I had compelling evidence about Stryke.

As far as the lynching inactives thing goes, I realise now from looking back at the invitational that it might seem a bit weird to you but there's some key differences at play here:
a) I was wolfing the previous game and mostly exaggerated the point to make you seem scummy (Sorry (ヾ; ̄▽ ̄)ヾ)
b) We were having a conversation about killing someone day 1 for low activity vs day 3 and low activity is a factor that's compoundingly anti-town over time
c) That was a mostly serious game whereas this one is mostly jokes afaict? So idk I'm not sweating too hard over my reads if I'm completely honest, I'm still trying to do my best here but it's not like I'm ready to be like
dissecting things for subtle undertone

Anyway, this whole thing is kind of whatever now that sandstone is here and hopefully make bad jokes with the rest of us so I'll just wait with baited breathe for her next posts and decide from there (hope you're feeling better!)

fun caveat: MU isn't actually where I learned to play mafia, rip MSPA forums
The culture there around this whole issue was a bit more like it is here because we didn't get a lot of replacements so \o/

I was pretty busy today but I'll be around more tomorrow o/

what are your feelings on Butterfree qva? Or just in general?

oh-ho, I am a bad joke MACHINE!!!

and ya I am feeling much better! :D and no more training at work this week so... more evening energy?! yes?!

also we could put the avocados through the strainer and make guacamole.

oops I fell asleep listening to MD's sweet DJing in VC, I'll post the event stuff... soonish...

D3 Event: Two Truths and a Lie!

Thanks to everyone who submitted "facts" about themselves! For the second phase of the event, you'll have to guess what everyone lied about from their facts below. PM me your guesses by 9pm EST tomorrow (Tuesday, May 14th). The person with the most correct guesses wins! If there's a tie, the winner will be randomized. You are free to guess even if you didn't send in anything about yourself!

(Also, some of the answers to these might be lying around the forums/the site, so I request that you don't do research! I can't stop you, of course, but it's more fun this way!)

Please do not talk about the event in the thread. You may talk about it in any private chats you have access to.

Butterfree
1. I have never eaten fruit.
2. I am near-blind without my glasses.
3. I was once personally greeted in the street by the then-prime minister of Iceland.

Chemist1422
1. I've never beaten a main pokemon game
2. I've been playing mafia for over a year
3. I once got permabanned from my home forum

Eifie
1. I'm caffeine-intolerant.
2. I once rappelled down the side of a 25-storey building for charity.
3. I can't stand the smell of bacon.

Hiikaru
1. i swear a lot
2. i'm non-binary
3. i'm renting two apartments right now

Keldeo
1. I actually hate mangoes.
2. I've never eaten Reese's Pieces.
3. I like eating raw spinach.

Music Dragon
1. I have visited each of the continents Europe, Australia, Asia, Africa, North America, and South America... so it's really only Antarctica that's missing.
2. I once received an award for being so good at translating French into Swedish.
3. When I got my appendix removed, I pissed off a nurse by giving him pointers on how to do his job.

Panini
1. I've met a member of the British Royal Family!
2. I've won a pie eating contest!
3. I was born with one less tooth than normal!

qva
1. i was born in germany
2. my second and third toes are webbed
3. speaking of toes, i will send foot pics to anyone who sends me cheesy breadsticks. please inquire in dms for address

sanderidge
1. i've never beaten the elite four in any generation before 4 (sinnoh & hgss)!
2. i can play four instruments (clarinet, piano, flute, cello)!
3. i like hummus.

Superbird
1. Whenever I go out in public, I wear a cape, like a superhero
2. Three of my closest friends have studied abroad seven different times between them
3. My birthday, my mother's birthday, my parents' anniversary, my former landlord's birthday, and a couple of friends' birthdays are all on the same day

Day 3 ends on Tuesday, May 14th at 10pm EST.

Last edited:
You know if you think about it it makes even more sense that someone inactive or out of the loop made the kill last night

sande and I are clear from mechanic interactions with Stryke, Chem and Hiikaru really unlikely to be wolves since they could have just ignored me or let it tie yesterday

And yet during the night the wolves picked Manti to kill, who was jokingly openwolving?

It's a weird choice if it was made without interference, even as a doc dodge

smh at assuming I'm not gen z

I'm right on the border so that means I get to enjoy avocado toast AND remember hitclips

i think we've kind of got enough town candidates to stand a solid chance of taking out the mafia

especially if we can do anything useful in the next couple of nights

hi hiikaru!! how've you been?!

okay can someone explain what wolfing is? isn't that in one night ultimate werewolf? guys we're mixing our mafia terms help

also wow these truths and lies are amazing. going down the list going "wow that could definitely be true. wow that seems really inaccurate but knowing them it might totally be true"

ngl I’m getting the two sands mixed up and have no read on either because of this

sanderidge is 100% sand while sandstone is probably 50% sand and 50% clay what else is there to really ask

gggggg I just saw this and I'm dying, this is lovely. thank you. (@sande, SAND SIBS FTW)

slowly getting caught up and then I shall reveal what I know :O how long does this day go?

okay I'm caught up and wow, I... know nothing. this was so much random shitpost lol, ice work everyone!

my n1 randomized action was to use redirect on RNP, and n2 was to use swap on Manti. I also have the same census ability that Butterfree seems to have claimed to use?! can we have duplicates? I suppose so since it'd be a really oddly specific thing to make up.

also, somehow n1 I was informed that Keldeo's alignment was "lol keldeo."

also I don't have any fruit. guys. I like fruit.

Back
Top Bottom