• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Awards 2015

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
The ASB Central main event hall is a tragic tale of decay and neglect in the shape of a building. It first opened its doors in hopes of hosting plenty Asberian celebrations, but too many of the plans that awaited it fell to the wayside; ultimately, it was only given any attention once a year. Later on, the main event hall somehow withstood the devastation of ASB Central, but due to the building's morbid disrepair, its survival seemed deader than all of the surrounding death. Finally, this year, the hall's doors creak open again, but the damage is too deep and the time too short; despite the League's best efforts, tonight's celebrated winners will have to avoid the gaping holes in the hardwood as they take the stage, watched from above by ravenous Ariados...

ASB Awards 2015

The discussion period is through, so, it's time to start the ceremony for good. Let's nominate and vote on the best of what ASB has yielded this year, by following the guidelines listed just below:
  • In order to make nominations, simply send me (Metallica Fanboy) a PM delineating which players/etc. you would like to nominate for which categories.
  • You can nominate as many (within reason) or as few players /etc. as you'd like to for as many or as few categories as you'd like to (ie, you don't have to nominate for every category).
  • You cannot nominate yourself or your own creations for any categories. You may, however, nominate a battle that you are/were a participant or referee of.
  • If you're nominating a battle, please link to it. The same is appreciated but not obligatory for sigstuff and nicknames.
  • The nomination period will run from the 1st of January to the 14th of January.
  • In order to cast votes, simply send me (Metallica Fanboy) a PM delineating which players/etc. you would like to vote for in which categories.
  • You can only vote in one player per category. You can vote in however many or few categories you'd like to (ie, you don't have to vote in every category).
  • For any category where only one player has been nominated, you can vote for or against that player.
  • For Best Nickname specifically, due to the sheer volume of nominations, you may vote for up to two nominees. If you do, one of them has to be your first choice, and that one will be considered to have gained two votes from you, while the other gains one; if you only vote for a single one, it's considered to have gained two votes.
  • You can vote for yourself or your own creations, provided that you really do think you deserve the award in question.
  • The voting period will run from the 15th of January to the 30th of January.

Without further ado, the award categories are listed ahead, with their nominees and, eventually, winners.

The Awards

ASBer of the Year
Prize: $40, Rare Candy, 1 free buyable Hidden Ability Pokémon
Negrek, Kratos Aurion, Sangfroidish and Squornshellous Beta may not be nominated.

Crazy Linoone
Eifie
Metallica Fanboy
ultraviolet

Best Battler
Prize: $25, Rare Candy OR 1 free buyable Hidden Ability Pokémon

Eifie
Eta Carinae
Keldeo
Vipera Magnifica

Best Referee

Byrus
Eifie
JackPK
Keldeo
Totodile

Best New ASBer
Nominate players who joined the league after October 4th, 2011.

Keldeo
Lilycolo
Murkrow
Vipera Magnifica

Best New Referee
Prize: $20, Rare Candy OR 1 free buyable Hidden Ability Pokémon
Nominate referees who were approved for the first time after October 4th, 2011.

Keldeo
Nira
TruetoCheese

Best Battle
Prize (for each participant and the referee): $20, Rare Candy OR 1 free buyable Hidden Ability Pokémon

Baby Bug Ball Brawl
Snattle (Snake Battle) Royale
Grass King vs. Music Dragon
Eifie vs. Music Dragon II: A Battle of Wits
Luvly Little Luvdisc Luvdown

Best Reffed Battle
Prize (for the referee): $20, Rare Candy OR 1 free buyable Hidden Ability Pokémon

Eifie vs. Music Dragon (March 14th)
Meursault vs. Keldeo (April 2nd)
Keldeo vs. Vipera Magnifica

Most Entertaining Battle
Prize (for each participant and the referee): $15

Eifie vs. Music Dragon (March 14th)
Keldeo vs. Eifie (July 26th)

Most Entertaining Trainer
Prize: $15

Music Dragon

Best Strategy

Eifie, in [15] Dragon vs. Eifie
The Omskivar, in [15] The Omskivar vs. Music Dragon

Nail-Biter of the Year
Prize (for each participant): $15

Noctowl vs. Ether's Bane (January 31st)
[15] Ether's Bane vs. Dragon
[15] I Liek Squirtles vs. Eta Carinae

Best Arena
Prize (for the arena's creator): $15

Snurch
The Stop 'N' Swop Shop
The Tree of Dreams

Best Signature Move

AAAACHOO! (I liek Scythers' Wartortle, Mr. Turtle)
Echo (Keldeo's Gardevoir, River)
Kangaroo Court (JackPK's Kangaskhan, Judge Judy)
Prehistoric Banter (Metallica Fanboy's Aerodactyl, Dexterous)

Best Signature Attribute

Jack-o-Lantern (TruetoCheese's Cacnea, Prickles)
Sun Demigoddess (Superbird's Poochyena, Amaterasu)
Verminous (Byrus's Raticate, Nurglitch)

Best Nickname

& KNUCKLES (ultraviolet's Chimchar)
a fucking whale (Vipera Magnifica's Wailord)
a tamagotchi when it poops (ultraviolet's Bulbasaur)
Ant Heater (Music Dragon's Heatmor)
Can I speak to Champ, please?; Who?; Champ, is Champ there?; Who is Champ?; THAT QUESTION WILL BE ANSWERED; THIS SUNDAY NIGHT WHEN; JOHN CENA DEFENDS THE BELT; AT THE WWE SUPER SLAM (JackPK's Unown J, O, H, N, C, E, N, A)
EXPLOSION WEDNESDAY (ultraviolet's Metang)
hormone replacement therabee (Meursault's Combee)
I can't believe I bought this (TruetoCheese's Luvdisc)
Iñárritu (Meursault's Hawlucha)
Ineffective Stress Ball (Eta Carinae's Qwilfish)
Kanine West (Metallica Fanboy's Snubbull)
Lotta (Superbird's Luvdisc)
Lover Man, ¡Ole! ¡Ole! (Keldeo's Piloswine)
money cat (pass it on) (Meowth, originally Vipera Magnifica's)
One Chainz (Eta Carinae's Klefki)
Solid Snake (Vipera Magnifica's Onix)
topping percentage (Paras, originally TruetoCheese's)
Undeggraduate Students (Music Dragon's Exeggcute)

Last edited:
Today's the last day for nominations, folks. If you have any more to add, you'll want to go for it now.

Today begins the voting period. This means nominations are closed; from now until the day of the final results, it's time to vote. Be sure to check the voting guidelines (if only because I just added something there that I'd neglected to before now) and let the decisive moment begin.

ooooh let's all vote against Music Dragon. down with the local fabulousness law!

It's a fool's errand! You can't stop me! If everybody votes against me, I'll instead receive the "Not The Most Entertaining Trainer" Award, which is equal but opposite in power!

Oops, forgot to mention it in this thread as well, but, there's been a slight change in the voting rules, specifically for the Best Nickname category. Be sure to check that out if you're still about to vote.

Today is the very last day of the voting phase, folks. If you have any last-minute lots to throw in, now's the time.

The results are in. Congratulations to all of this year's winners! Your prizes should be handled soon.

Some categories had very close victories, and we've only narrowly avoided running into a couple of three-way ties, but that's hardly anything unusual for ASB Awards. In any case, thanks to everyone who participated in nominating and voting; and, of course, thanks to everyone who helped make this a wonderful new beginning for the league. Now, let's all make another great year for ASB!

spends $160 on unowns to make joke

wins $15 prize as unintended result of joke

SuccessKid.jpg

Alright, aside from some stray $15 that I'm still verifying, all the money's been doled out. Let me know if it hasn't landed properly. For reference, here's a tally of the rewards that should be in each account so far:
Dragon: $20
Eifie: $115, 2 Rare Candies, 2 HA freebies
Eta Carinae: $40, HA freebie
I Liek Squirtles: $15
JackPK: $45
Keldeo: $80, 1 Rare Candy, 2 HA freebies
Music Dragon: $70, 2 Rare Candies
Superbird: $15
The Omskivar: $15
TruetoCheese: $15
Vipera Magnifica: $20, HA freebie
Wargle: $20, HA freebie

Additionally, I'll need everyone who got a Rare Candy or a HA freebie to make their choice, and I'll need everyone who's getting a HA freebie pick the species. For convenience, here's a list of people who have some of those to claim:
  • Dragon (1 Rare Candy or HA freebie)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom