• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pikabluazumachu.png
The neck looks a tiny bit awkward IMO.

Not bad. This idea seems to be used somewhat commonly...Anyway, the green, blue, yellow, and red next to each other with no buffer on the head need some fixing. Also, on the wings, maybe try to make the progressive colors try to blend to each other a bit more?

White is Lugia's real color, not blue; Try that, maybe it will look a bit better? Also, the talons look somewhat awkward.

An image to summarize my crit.
scaled.php

Overall, the sprite itself is nice. Good choice of colour scheme, it's just the little things.

hitomoshidevamprby.png

hitomoshidevampgsc.png

Attempts at devamping Hitomoshi to R/B/Y and G/S/C style.

EDIT: Two new devamps.
rioludevamprby.png

rioludevampgsc.png

I do see the bad side in the R/B/Y Riolu sprite.

Last edited:
Revamps and devamps look much more authentic when you also re-draw parts to match the style you're trying to achieve. It can be difficult and might involve you scratching the entire thing, but the result looks that much better!
for example:
463.png
lickilicki_devamp.png
154.png
silvermeganium.png
3.png
2b749u.jpg

The devamp and two revamps took more than just adding or taking away colors and shading, many parts are also redrawn so they look more appropriate on a Gameboy Color or DS game.

This is basically my critique of your revamps and devamps. Colors and shading are okay, but that's the easy part! Try taking them to the next level by messing with the outlines too.

Last edited:
Tarinflame: I like the revamps a lot, but like Alraune said, it could be much more authentic. The're very nice.

Ooh, that's much better than the one I drew for Chief Zackrai. Show that to him.

But I agree with Squornshellous Beta over here about the shading.

Strange bumps on the sides - funny lines, as St. Chris mentioned. The mouth is rather out of place, and the glow could use a better touch to it - also some shading is pillow-shaded. Most notably the head.

Lemme fix dat sprite up for ya Edited into shape:
ghostrevamp.png

Much better. Now remember - this is a dark sprite, and thus the outline color blends with the black - next time, Enny, perhaps make your sprites a little lighter. (I said mid-way, not three-quarters)

Last edited:
St. Christopher: Resize. Please.

Magnify at x2/200%, it's big enough to edit yet small enough to fit here. Also, picture crits mostly work if you post an improvement alongside it to let the person see how your suggestions improve the sprite.

ghostrevamp.png

Much better. Now remember - this is a dark sprite, and thus the outline color blends with the black - next time, Enny, perhaps make your sprites a little lighter. (I said mid-way, not three-quarters)
Yay :D My sprite looks much better!

What. I recall you saying 3/4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom