• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Mew event.

I'll probably download mine tomorrow, my dad's gone out and I have no idea how to connect my DS to the new Wireless Router in my house. Last time I attempted to connect it, I somehow disconnected all the other systems using the wireless :(

Can the Mew be nicknamed?

Evilness..I wanted to nickname mine >.< But..I guess if nothing else it helps find hacked ones easier xD? Except for those very lucky people who had gotten an old sea chart way back in GBA days and caught and nicknamed a mew and then migrated it o.o Lucky evil people >:(

Gamefreak does a lot of anoying things (like getting rid of focus punch *coughjerkscough*), but they (and nintendo) Did create pokemon...

I was going to nickname my mew Epic. (T-T)

Event pokémon can probably be nicknamed if the wonder card gives you an item to access the pokémon, which means you catch it as normal. If the download is the pokémon itself then it will never be nicknameable.

Additionally, whoever said their friend was sharing their wonder card: I would be very, very surprised if that actually worked. iirc the only shareable wonder card so far was rotom's secret key back when Platinum was first released. As far as I know, most direct pokémon downloads can't be shared. You need to download it yourself.

Will probably download one later this weekend when I'm not busy. Not terribly useful and I already got the Japanese equivalents* (and a bunch of other mew from other events), but just for the sake of completeness. Meh.

*fyi, in Japan they did the event twice, once for HGSS and once for DPPtHGSS. If they do the same internationally, those of you with older fourth-gen games should be able to get it again.

Last edited:
Additionally, whoever said their friend was sharing their wonder card: I would be very, very surprised if that actually worked. iirc the only shareable wonder card so far was rotom's secret key back when Platinum was first released. As far as I know, most direct pokémon downloads can't be shared. You need to download it yourself.
That most certainly wasn't. My sister tried sharing hers with me when I restarted Pt, didn't work.

Yes it was...? I got the Japanese secret key and shared it with my English Platinum when I got that. Inter-language, even.

The Japanese version of the Secret Key is sharable; the English version isn't.

Ah, that would be it, then. I thought I'd remembered something about a secret key that wasn't shareable, but I also thought I remembered them doing it twice per language and maybe only the second wasn't. Hm.

So yeah, I don't think anyone's getting any mew from their friends.

I just despise events

GIVE US A CODE INSTEAD OF SOME STUPID WIRELESS WHATEVER
...Like the Manaphy of Ranger 2.

Some people don't even have wi-fi.

FUCK YES I JUST GOT A MEW

I don't care if you can't nickname it, I still call it Kitty when I'm refering to it anyway.

The Japanese version of the Secret Key is sharable; the English version isn't.
Don't pretty much all events go this way?

Yeah, I got the Mew for dex completion, but I don't really care about a Pokémon stuck without a name. I'd rather just cheat myself up a Mew. These events suck. >:(

Isn't possible to nickname to Mew if someone miraculously has the same ID number as Mew's ID number?

Back
Top Bottom