• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt What is up with my egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewtwo

Mage of Blood
Pronoun
she
One of my eggs won't hatch and I bred it with a Pokerus infected Ditto. It has the "Cured frpm Pokerus" sign, and the eggs bred a day after it hatched first! I never put the egg in my PC, does anyone know what happened?

It's not even close to hatching, and the ones bred on August 25 hatched before the one bred on August 24!

...then put something with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your team with it; it doubles the steps you take.

Halves the steps needed, doubles the value of the steps you do take... same thing.

And the Pokérus doesn't have anything to do with whatever appears to be wrong, in case that's what you're suggesting. Eggs get Pokérus the same as any Pokémon and it doesn't affect hatching time at all.

I think what they are saying is that the egg was with a batch of eggs, all from the same parents, and that they were all in her party at the same time. Days later, the other eggs hatched, but this one is refusing to, despite being the same kind of egg as the others, and being put under the same conditions

Am I correct, Mewtwo?

...then put something with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your team with it; it doubles the steps you take.
^ I think you mean it HALVES the steps you need to take.
Does neither; it causes the hatch counter to decrease by two instead of one whenever it is checked. *flees cackling*

Although that does sound rather odd, Mewtwo. If the pokémon of the egg is different than the ones that came out of the eggs that already hatched, that would explain it. If it's the same species... try trading it to somebody else and seeing if they can get it to hatch.

Alright, I think Negrek is right. Ditto was one of the parents, and I forget the other one. The ones that hatched first were both Mankeys.

Thanks for your help! I thought it might be a bad egg :P

Breeding with Ditto makes the egg hatch slower.

Lies.

Each particular species' egg takes a certain number of steps to hatch. The father (or mother in Ditto's case) has no effect on this.

What I think, Mewtwo, is that your species is a longer-hatching egg (Like perhaps Eevee or a starter). Some quick mindless going-up-and-down-cycling-road should do the trick.

No, I think they're right. But even if it does take a bit longer, it's like a couple hundred. No big deal. I've had a step counter out for some eggs that hacted in 5200 steps, but when they hatched, the counter was at 5355.

No, I think they're right.
They're wrong.

But yeah, don't worry about the bad egg thing... unless the name of the egg is "Bad EGG," in which case, yeah, that would explain it. :P

No big deal. I've had a step counter out for some eggs that hacted in 5200 steps, but when they hatched, the counter was at 5355.
You mean this part? No, it's perfectly normal, because eggs don't hatch after a set number of steps.

My egg is getting closer to hatching,so,if a mod reads this,he/she can close the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom