• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

Pfft, legalities. :P I was four years old before my parents were legally married.

Four? I was twelve! I started TQftL on their wedding day!

[/irrelevant]

I was talking to my mom a while ago about the population of my forums and mentioned that at least half of the members were gay/bisexual/asexual, and she was all "What's asexuality?" and when I explained it she went "What? That doesn't exist! They're just deluding themselves!" :/ Sometimes I forget how little these issues are actually discussed outside of the internet. Then I look in this club and realize, oh, wow, this really happens all the time.

T-the A :> It's beautiful*A*
Sign me up! I alsays felt a bit left out of the old thread because of the lack of A.

Anyway. The new name is awesome :D I feel included!

[/irrelevant]

I was talking to my mom a while ago about the population of my forums and mentioned that at least half of the members were gay/bisexual/asexual, and she was all "What's asexuality?" and when I explained it she went "What? That doesn't exist! They're just deluding themselves!" :/ Sometimes I forget how little these issues are actually discussed outside of the internet. Then I look in this club and realize, oh, wow, this really happens all the time.

Hrhr yeah, I delude myself too in that I rarely leave the house. :D How comforting the internet is...

Really though, I love how this forum has become like, a QUILTBAG hangout. It's so strange and so awesome.

Rejoining and bringing rainbows with me.

QUILTBAG is my new favourite word. And I love how this forum seems to be a massive bastion of forward thinking.

But in other news, really pissed off at the moment. Most of my friends are amazing with my gayness, and are really accepting. But there are one or two who can't stop fucking going on about it, like constantly coming back to me liking dick or whatever, calling me queer and a rear gardener etc. etc. From other guys who have had this happen does this ever stop or is it just them being twats?

From other guys who have had this happen does this ever stop or is it just them being twats?

Both, in most cases! They will almost certainly get bored after a while. Just don't, you know, react when they say stuff like that, and they'll grow out of it.

I never joined the original thread because it was so big and intimidating, but I've always enjoyed reading the discussions. I suppose I'll actually join this time.

As for me, I identify as an aromantic asexual. It really isn't a big secret or anything, so my close friends know. It's awkard, however, when it seems like a friend of mine has a crush on me. I don't know what to do, so I tend to avoid them because of the awkardness. x.x;

[/irrelevant]

This makes me sad :< of course this is also why I haven't told my parents about the asexual thing, because I know I would get a reaction like "Oh Ellie, you're just saying that because you've never had a boyfriend." They're already confused that I don't have a crush on anyone, much less that I am legitimately not attracted to really anyone at all.

My parents irritate me at times. >> I've come out to them, and my friends are open about their sexuality, but my mom and dad believe that we're all going through a phase. x_x

Ironically, my religious grandmother totally accepted it, as do my brother and his girlfriend, who lives with us. My brother might just be disappointed that he can't interrogate people who want to go out with me. x3 They both lightly tease my friends and I about our sexualities, and yesterday his girlfriend discussed how the difference between platonic, romantic and sexual is such a fine line when you're trying to define and separate them. I love how accepting they are. <3

Just found out one of my best friends is bi, leaning towards lesbian. I'm glad she felt like she could tell me! I told her about the ace thing and she was fine with it.

I've found that my flatmates have been incredibly accepting about the fact I'm gay, although I think that's due to me not being stereotypically gay. I've been told many times that I "don't look/act gay", and that if they didn't know I liked men they'd just assume I'm a typical straight dood. ... which is good to know, I guess.

... we have a "gay list" in which all of the members of our flat have a place on the list. I'm number four, and there are nine of us, and the only reason I'm number four is because I actually like men.

I think my life would be incredibly different if I were a bit more ... er... stereotypically gay, so I've mostly managed to avoid things that other LGBTs experience. I mean, the only times my sexuality is mentioned is to contrast me and the guy at the top of our list. This weekend I remember a comment along the lines of "...Ewan likes men sexually and you're still gayer than he is". I loled.

SO recently I've only had good experiences with gayness. I guess.

Just sharin'.

Heh, didn't realize this is what this was until I clicked on it by accident. :X QUILTBAG is a good term though...

Either way I'll rejoin now, whee.

I've found that my flatmates have been incredibly accepting about the fact I'm gay, although I think that's due to me not being stereotypically gay. I've been told many times that I "don't look/act gay", and that if they didn't know I liked men they'd just assume I'm a typical straight dood. ... which is good to know, I guess.

... we have a "gay list" in which all of the members of our flat have a place on the list. I'm number four, and there are nine of us, and the only reason I'm number four is because I actually like men.

I think my life would be incredibly different if I were a bit more ... er... stereotypically gay, so I've mostly managed to avoid things that other LGBTs experience. I mean, the only times my sexuality is mentioned is to contrast me and the guy at the top of our list. This weekend I remember a comment along the lines of "...Ewan likes men sexually and you're still gayer than he is". I loled.

SO recently I've only had good experiences with gayness. I guess.

Just sharin'.

This is an epic tale. xD

Last edited:
I have Harlequin's... quirk XD I've been told many times that people "could only see me with a boy" or that I "don't act bi/pan". People also tend to forget about my queerness, which is funny when I comment on a girl/gender-variant and people are all "o0!! OWAIT." Although lately I've been making a bit of a turn towards more stereotypically "butch" things (although the turn is a slow one due to lack of money, and because before this I went through an uber-girlie faze so that's the sort of thing people buy for me x.x) and I've been gradually getting that a lot less.

See, I haven't actually come out to any of my friends (or anyone in general, though my sis might know), but that's mainly because it isn't really necessary. (and to avoid awkwardness, because I can't seem to avoid crushing on my friends *headdesk*)

but no one really suspects because I'm certainly not the most awkward person in the group. (that honor probably goes to my best friend, who nearly flashed me at Nifty Fifty's. and kept putting her head on my shoulder the whole car ride there. and then something else that I can't remember.)

How does one even look gay? (Aside from a guy wearing pink flip-flops and makeup but that's another topic)

They probably mean look "stereotypically" gay, i.e. obvious attention given to one's appearance, tight and often colorful clothing, etc. (and I suppose a more feminine "poise", but that's much harder to quantify.)

Back
Top Bottom