• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Team Greek Salad!

Torronto

Swagger Machine
Team Greek Salad

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
534.gif

Adamant
Guts
120 HP/252 Atk/136 spDef
Bulk Up-Drain Punch-Mach Punch-Payback

This thing is such a beast, I just bulk up if the lead is something like T-Tar, and start the destruction from there. It can beat a ton of opponents, with the limited moveset that it possesses after a few bulk ups.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
563.gif

Bold
Mummy
252 HP/152 Def/100 spDef
Evil Eye-Will O' Wisp-Haze-Rest

Standard physical wall and hazer, problem, Mienshao?

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
472.gif

Jolly
Poison Heal
40 HP/252 Atk/216 Speed
Swords Dance-Earthquake-Fling-Acrobatics

Not much to say here.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
598.gif

Calm
Iron Barbs
252 HP/112 Def/144 spDef
Power Whip-Leech Seed-Thunder Wave-Stealth Rock

Great defender, T-wave is great for weakening incoming threats such as Heatran.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
130.gif

Adamant
Moxie
80 HP/252 Atk/176 Speed
Dragon Dance-Waterfall-Bounce-Taunt

Taunts stuff like Blissey to set up a few DDs, has Bounce for coverage, and the HP evs for a bit of bulk.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
145.gif

Bold
Pressure
248 HP/228 HP/20 Speed
Thunderbolt-Hidden Power Ice-Heat Wave-Roost

Quite bulky and extremely useful for defeating/walling a variety of foes.

Last edited:
Team Greek Salad

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
534.gif

Adamant
Guts
120 HP/252 Atk/136 spDef
Bulk Up-Drain Punch-Mach Punch-Payback

This thing is such a beast, I just bulk up if the lead is something like T-Tar, and start the destruction from there. It can beat a ton of opponents, with the limited moveset that it possesses after a few bulk ups.

Not much to argue here- but I think Stone Edge might work better than Payback. Also, maybe go with Iron Fist on him.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
563.gif

Bold
Mummy
252 HP/152 Def/100 spDef
Evil Eye-Will O' Wisp-Haze-Rest

Standard physical wall and hazer, problem, Mienshao?

I feel you here. Parhaps you don't want another really slow pokemon to compliment Conkeldurr, but. Maybe go with Gengar, if Haze isn't too terribly important to you. Of course, maybe then you wouldn't want rest... Ignore this tangent here. too much thought going on.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
472.gif

Jolly
Poison Heal
40 HP/252 Atk/216 Speed
Swords Dance-Earthquake-Fling-Acrobatics

Not much to say here.

Except fling is an awful move. And flying isn't the best type for coverage. Normally I would suggest going with X-Scissor and Stone Edge, but actually I see where you're going with this. Never mind.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
598.gif

Calm
Iron Barbs
252 HP/112 Def/144 spDef
Power Whip-Leech Seed-Thunder Wave-Stealth Rock

Great defender, T-wave is great for weakening incoming threats such as Heatran.

Except Ferrothorn is nowhere near as fast as Heatran, so it is likely to die before you even use it, given its 4x weakness to fire and all.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
130.gif

Adamant
Moxie
80 HP/252 Atk/176 Speed
Dragon Dance-Waterfall-Bounce-Taunt

Taunts stuff like Blissey to set up a few DDs, has Bounce for coverage, and the HP evs for a bit of bulk.

But once again, flying isn't the best for type coverage, and Bounce is a two-turn move, allowing for easy countering. I suggest either Earthquake or Bulldoze, in case you want to help with your selection of rather slow pokemon here.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
145.gif

Bold
Pressure
248 HP/228 HP/20 Speed
Thunderbolt-Hidden Power Ice-Heat Wave-Roost

Quite bulky and extremely useful for defeating/walling a variety of foes.

I have no problems here.

Overall, not bad. I do have to question here, though, why four of your pokemon are holding Leftovers. Item clause will kill you. I suggest Life Orb somewhere-maybe Cofagrigus- and also the Expert Belt. Perhaps on Zapdos for that.

Fling is to inflict poison on the enemy, although I was considering swapping it for X-Scissor. I did have EQ on Gyara at one point, but Bounce has been much more useful, from my experience, and Gyrarados isn't very slow after a few Dragon Dances. Finally, if I T-Wave an incoming Heatran/other Threat, then I'll switch to something else, I'm not going to try and fight it with Ferrothorn lol. Anyhow, thanks for the rate and I'll try and take what you said, into consideration.

Firstly, if you want the fighting type lead mon, please use Machamp or Meinshao as they actually prevent rocks from falling. Roob may seem nice but yeah they bring in anything that beats it and your boosting was all useless.

I really recommenr replacing Coffy with Jelly, as it complements Ferrothorn more and keeps it from dying seeing as your only other fire resist fears a burn.

Make Gliscor defensive with rocks, otherwise stuff like Volcarona can come in and just start mauling you.

Put spikes on Ferrothorn, you have an anti spin and one that beats Hitmontop with wisp at that. I suppose Coffy beats Excadrill with Mummy, but you really dont have to worry about it as much with Gyara.

Moxie Gyara is banned, use intimidate and max/max attack and speed, or the bulky spread. Offensive if you want to wreck thnigs and defensive if you think Excadrill is a problem.

You really need a spinner seeing as you have 2 SR weaks, I would really suggest as an option, making Gliscor your lead and moving Durr to another slot if you dont want to replace it.

@ Chief: No one who plays competitvely uses item clause, it is too restrictive.

Back
Top Bottom