• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

B/W: Musicals--missed potential?

IcySapphire

Does anyone else think that the musicals could've been more than a glorified dress-up competition?

I wanted some form of interaction besides dressing the Pokemon up--a dancing mini-game, timing poses, putting together full "performances (a la appeals)--just something besides dressing them up and watching them dance with no input from me.

So if you had the opportunity, how would you make the musicals better? (besides taking them out entirely)

Yeah.

They could have put in some more interactivity, and like Worst Username Ever said, it would be nice if we could interact with them fully onstage.

Gen IV's contests were better.

I have watched my friend do a Musical. That is the extent of my interaction with them. I think that speaks for itself.

I would have just made the Musical part of a contest.

I like Musicals. They're short, sweet, and to the point. Gen IV's contests were boring -- the only likeable part was the dance portion and only in multiplayer.

i am pretty sure vixie and i are the only ones who like this.

i get a kick out of seeing my tyranitar with a pirate hat.

Personally, I loved them. Pokeathlon's were quite fun, and contests were meh, but they were quite competitive, so competitive, in fact, I've gotten pretty heated because of them. Musicals are just for fun, and a great stress reliever, no mechanics you need to remember and no precise stylus tapping, needed to win.

Fluttershy ♥;483287 said:
I'm more amused that you can throw a shuriken at the audience and get cheered for it instead of getting arrested.

Or enter a kyurem and give it big fluffy bows.

I quite liked the musicals- my Lampent looked badass with all of his stuff- but I do agree that it had a lot of missed potential. It could have had a shop that you buy stuff with some kind of Points, like evolution stones. Hopefully they add more features to it in Grey.

Personally, I loved them. Pokeathlon's were quite fun, and contests were meh, but they were quite competitive, so competitive, in fact, I've gotten pretty heated because of them. Musicals are just for fun, and a great stress reliever, no mechanics you need to remember and no precise stylus tapping, needed to win.
I agree so much.

Contests were frustrating and just... too much work. I kinda liked the light fluffy fun of the whole musicals. And the music in musicals was great in my opinion. Also, the little outfits and bows, watching the Pokémon move around with them... so cute. I loved putting on a hula skirt on my Servine and a flower on her head. :3

Also, what's good about musicals is that you don't need to feed Pokéblocks/Poffins to succeed or anything like that. I always thought that making them constantly was boring and tedious.

The only thing I would've added to musicals what Legendary said; points to buy stuff with like Pokéathlon. That would've given them more purpose. But they're a fun diversion none-the-less.

I'm in the "musicals are boring" boat, but at least they're not convoluted and demanding like Super Contests (and to a lesser extent regular Contests) were. I like the minigame being simple this time round; I just think it's a bit too far in the other direction. There's barely any interaction during the musical proper, and if you don't give your Pokémon one of the props that you can trigger, there's none at all as far as I can tell. Which is boring! That can't hold my interest for more than a few musicals!

Back
Top Bottom