• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC/Signups] Attack of the Chessmaster

Wargle

Dirty minds think alike~
From birth, I was a prodigy. By age 2, i had an IQ of 135, while the average adult IQ is around 112. I was unpopular in school, but always had the best grades. They'd taunt me, and be mad because the teachers would curve the test. I was sent to special 'gifted schools', but I was still far passed their level of intelligence. I knew all these 'lessons' when I was in diapers. I was sent several grades ahead, but still found it boring and easy. At 8, I was put into a university course for a test, and got a better grade than the students who took the class. I even corrected the porfessor's mistakes in his lessons. It was obvious I was a genius. Scientist wanted to study my brain to see why I was beyond my years. But I wouldn't let them. I fled the research center, and started my own life. But I wasn't to be controlled by the government, I was going to make my own. I had the intelligence. I just needed time. And time I took. It took my 25 years to set up my plan, and another 5 to implement it. Now, I make my final move on the government. All the nations have combined, with the capitol beign the UN. I now am making my way towards it, preparing to overthrow it. And all that stands in my way, is a malnourished, ragtag, underarmed group of rebel militia.
~An Excerpt, from The Chessmaster's Diaries

This is an RP form of a FanFiction/Novel I am writing.

[b]
Signup Form:
Name:
Sex:
Personality:
Relationships:

Abilities: ((Like, Marksman, Knife thrower, Swprdsman, Warrior,. Ill allow mage, but explain your magic.))
Equipment:
Weapons: ((knives, rifles, etc. ONLY TWO GUNS. Two pistols max, one rifle max, one shotgun max.))
Pets: ((Like an attack dog/Hawk/Kitten/Goldfish))[/b]

C & CC Please.

I might be interested in signing up, but before that, sorry, I just had to ask.

25 years? Seriously? For planning? Twenty-five freaking years? When he's so apparently intelligent and gifted?

Um, I'm not criticizing or anything, but why the hell did it take that long?

I think the apparent level of intelligence is a bigger issue (no matter how intelligent you are, you still have to learn the material, and it doesn't seem like any time was set aside for at least reading a textbook) but I read the 25 years of setting up as doing things to get the plan ready for implementation, and the 5-year part as taking a more active role (though being able to learn things is somewhat different from being able to manipulate everything ever, it does seem like the Chessmaster is supposed to be an omnidisciplinary genius).

IQ only measures the rate of learning, rather than the actual material learned. And 135 really isn't that special in that respect. It's well above average, but it's not incredible

What could take years, if not decades, is to position yourself within the system. If you want a more likely pattern of events, I can help you out, since I do have some real-life experience I can draw on. Send my a PM if you're interested.

@ kali. 135 yes. AT TWO.

@ Minnow, read the TV Trope I took the namesake from, The Chessmaster

His scheme has many backup plans, and rebackups. Everything is planned out in advance. Even the heros movements, are carefully plotted. These things take time.

Eh.. Why not. I don't care about his IQ, he's just an antagonist after all.
Signup Form:
Name: Eli Wesker

Sex: Male

History: He grew up in a small town with his grandfather, since his parents passed away when he was young. There, he quickly decided that he wanted to be useful to society and not a burden, so he learned many battle and stealth techniques from a teacher he met on a journey into the mountains and trained a black cat to be his loyal assistant. At age twelve, his grandpa passed away, leaving him alone. From there, he left to the UN, where he joined the small group of rebels and decided that the guy he faced must be stopped.

Personality: Always calm and collected, Eli always tries do things quickly and efficiently. He hates having to rely on others and would much rather execute important missions by himself, but if the person is reliable, he'll be just fine. He likes quiet and calm places where he can think, but his favourite spots are on top of buildings underneath the night sky.

Relationships: His teacher, his dead grandfather and his pet cat. And I'm open to anyone else..

Abilities: Ninja: Good at throwing weapons, very stealthy, good martial arts
Equipment:Smoke bombs, flash bombs, etc.

Weapons:A very large Shuriken(Ninja Star) along with several normal sized ones and a handful of Kunai.

Pets: A jet black cat named Xeno, with glowing yellow eyes and a red headband tied around it's head. It is very stealthy and loyal to his master. He also despises water and people other than Eli.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom