• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
The year is 2122 in a planet once known as Earth -- and since rechristened Randtopia. Decades in the past, the traditional party systems of old have fallen apart, and the bonds of society have been forgotten; in this third-party paradise, each one stands for their own agenda.

But could it be, that some people are secretly... cooperating? What sort of mafia behavior is that?

72 hours for night actions.

(if you think there's something wrong with your role PM, by all means ping me, there is a very reasonable chance I botched something in this state)

It is a dark day in the history of Randtopia. It seems that I Liek Squirtles's lifeless body was hurled through a glass storefront in the night. Thoughts of compassion go out to everyone who works for the gigantic enterprise that runs that store, particularly the CEO, who may have to settle for a smaller fourth yacht after paying for the repairs. One's heart fills with horror when thinking of the potential lost revenue from this incident.

... Huh? Oh, yeah. A guy died. We get it. So, like, what's your point?

I Liek Squirtles is dead. He was Town.

72 hours for discussion.

Checking in to say I don’t know anything, because in the last game I didn’t say anything and so I died.

I know now that I know
I know now that I know nothing
(But I'm here, and I'm fine, and I'm seeing you for the first time)

(references nobody here is going to recognize gooooo)
(It's Groundhog Day the musical, that's what it is, it's good)

hm. popping in to say i was blocked, which is interesting, but i guess other than that i don't know anything either.

I don't have any information either, unfortunately.

If we don't have any other leads to pursue today, what does everyone think of massclaiming our personal win conditions? Given what we know about this setup, I think one of the biggest advantages that mafia have over us is that they know each other's win conditions, so they can plan accordingly to only accomplish the easiest and/or least pro-town ones. (This is all assuming that mafia aren't lying amongst themselves about their win conditions, but that would be beneficial to town anyway.) On the other hand, we only have information about our own win conditions so we won't know if, say, one person's role might help another person achieve their win condition or something. But if we all speak up about our win conditions we'll be able to see which ones are easiest to facilitate/achieve, and so hopefully work toward a win for as many townies as possible.

There are notable drawbacks to this plan. Mostly, saying anything at all gives mafia more information when they already have the information advantage, and identifying our easiest-to-accomplish win conditions basically gives mafia a list of prime nightkill targets. This latter one isn't that big of a issue for me personally because most mafia roles would actually make my win condition be met (and I'm sure MF was having an absolute ball when he paired that with my power)... but I'm not sure what other people's personal win conditions look like, and it's very probable that the mafia have the ability to interfere with some or most of them. Also, since most all town coordination has to be done in the thread, mafia would also be able to spread misinformation or even get town to work for them. I think being flexible about whose win conditions we're trying to meet when might help with this?

(Alternatively, I guess we could try and forget about our personal win conditions and play the game "normally", to hinder mafia a bit if they continue to prioritize their personal win conditions, but I think that goes against the spirit of things somewhat.)

I'm kind of thinking out loud here; I don't really know if this is the right way to go. Thoughts?

My win condition ties directly with my role, so by claiming my win condition I would also effectively be roleclaiming as well. I would imagine this is true for for some other players, so wincon claiming might not be a good course of action.

Ah, darn. My win condition doesn't directly relate to my role, so I thought it'd be like that for other people too.

I guess for the people who would have to roleclaim to claim their win condition, focusing on the factional win condition would probably be the best thing to do then, since you could end up in a situation where a town role's unwittingly blocking your win condition somehow but it'd also be a bad spot for you to claim.

My win condition ties directly with my role, so by claiming my win condition I would also effectively be roleclaiming as well.

Kind of the same here, but I don't think it's too big a deal for me to say that the longer the game runs, the likelier I am to be able to fulfill mine (and I imagine the same is probably true for most of us), so I'm a bit more likely than usual to prefer abstaining in the event of no useful information, whereas in any other game I'm typically pretty pro-random-lynch.

My personal win condition definitely ties into my role, and as I'm still trying to figure out uses for said role I'd rather not imply what I am just yet, but I thiiiink my condition isn't likely to get in anyone else's way, at least? Not unless there's some jerkery going on and someone's win condition is to undo mine, but that would just be mean, right? It's not really something other people could help me with, though, so I dunno if there's any point in claiming it. If I do need to actually roleclaim later I don't mind sharing then, however little it'd be likely to contribute.

I don't think it'll affect my lynching preferences, anyway, although as much as I like getting a shift on and getting things done on day one, I do acknowledge that that's not likely to happen in the absence of more information.

sanderidge was roleblocked, hm. Not much point in speculating on where that came from at the moment, but interesting.

My wincon isn't really tied to my role but it kinda hinders town more than it helps, which might not be ideal.

I think my wincon is kinda similar in that it's annoying to me and is probably hard to have happen, but it doesn't seem to align with my role to me.

Mine is...not really linked to my powers? It’s also weird and annoying. Wtf MF.

i don't have much to report either, unfortunately. my win condition is also related to my role, so i'm afraid i'd prefer to stay quiet about that for now.

...aaand i don't have much else to say, sorry. :'D

Not much to say, other than my personal win condition does tie into my role, and that it may be harmful.

Back
Top Bottom