• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misc. Database Typos/Minor Mistakes

It should probably say in Hustle's database entry that it affects damaging moves only. And speaking of Hustle, nothing ever came of this; do you think it should affect only physical attacks in ASB as in the games? (Also, this doesn't go here, but I do wonder if Hustle will ever be un-nerfed as has been I think extensively discussed.)
Went ahead and specified Hustle to physical damaging moves, as I'm figuring Negrek's admission back there probably counts as grounds for an immediate fix.

(Well, not discussed extensively enough for any proposed solution to gain traction at all, as far as I recall. I did try to start that discussion again in Suggestion Box when I was sweeping the backlog, so, it's there to bring up.)

Could it be added to Struggle's database entry that it deals typeless damage?

The summary and description for Psychic Terrain say different things. The former says that grounded Pokémon are protected from priority moves, and the latter says that grounded Pokémon can't use priority moves.

edit: Also, Body Slam's energy cost is listed as 5% instead of 6%.

Last edited:
The summary and description for Psychic Terrain say different things. The former says that grounded Pokémon are protected from priority moves, and the latter says that grounded Pokémon can't use priority moves.

For the record, the former is correct. Psychic Terrain doesn't prohibit the use of priority moves, it just prevents them from hitting. Hence how, ingame, a grounded Liepard can successfully Fake Out a Celesteela or Mandibuzz.

Could it be added to Struggle's database entry that it deals typeless damage?

edit: Also, Body Slam's energy cost is listed as 5% instead of 6%.

Done and done. Also edited big root's description to indicate that it doesn't restore health for attacks that already drain more than 50% of the damage done.

Updated Emergency Exit and Wimp Out to work more like they do in the game: they can trigger more than once per battle, and they trigger only when falling to 50% or below from above 50%, not whenever the pokémon ends with less than 50% health.

The base energy costs for Fire Fang, Ice Fang, and Thunder Fang are wrong: they should be 4% instead of 3%. I swear the thing with the energy costs being wrong for numbers that were rounded down (back when we did base powers as 6.5% -> 6%) was fixed ages ago, but maybe not? Or did something get reverted?

The base energy costs for Fire Fang, Ice Fang, and Thunder Fang are wrong: they should be 4% instead of 3%. I swear the thing with the energy costs being wrong for numbers that were rounded down (back when we did base powers as 6.5% -> 6%) was fixed ages ago, but maybe not? Or did something get reverted?

Took a quick look and this also applies for every other attack I saw with a base power of 20X + 5, so yeah, I guess something got reverted.

Took a quick look and this also applies for every other attack I saw with a base power of 20X + 5, so yeah, I guess something got reverted.

As far as I can tell it was just never fixed in the first place; they haven't been edited since I gave mods the ability to edit energy costs, and I don't remember fixing and reverting them myself.

Anyway I went through and fixed:

Aurora Beam, Blaze Kick, Bone Club, Bounce, Brine, Bubble Beam, Chatter, Dragon Pulse, Fire Fang, Glaciate, Hex, Horn Attack, Ice Fang, Icicle Crash, Knock Off, Leaf Tornado, Low Sweep, Mirror Shot, Mud Bomb, Night Daze, Octazooka, Psybeam, Secret Sword, Sky Uppercut, Sludge, Spark, Steamroller, Stomp, Thunder Fang, Venoshock, Vine Whip

(I used a query to determine what needed fixing but then went through and did them manually so it's possible I missed something.)

Back
Top Bottom